Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I only joined this group a few weeks ago to promote a few stories I'd found, but I've known of this group for almost two years and have lurked on it occasionally. However, since being a member, I've noticed that the only stories added by others recently have been their own stories (mostly) or stories that don't meet the requirements (like having too many dislikes or being too new).

The idea of this group is solid, and I would like to see it as a place where readers can show their appreciation for stories that haven't gotten their time to shine. As mentioned on the front page, there is already a group where you can submit your own stories, but I decided to join this group over others because of the rule that authors can't submit their own stories.

Along with this, there are some other group maintenance issues like stories that should be graduated and the fact that the cover art and image on the front page are both missing now. (This hasn't been corrected since the recent image update.)

I'm guessing the group's admins have just been busy, and that is understandable. I'd just like to see this group get some love in the near future. It would be a shame to have such a cool concept for a group go to waste.

Periphery
Group Admin

Yeah, sorry about that (along with taking so long to reply), but welcome to the group, for what it's worth. Truthfully, I sorta half gave up on this group a while ago. It got to the point where, like you said, practically all the stories that were being submitted anymore were by their own authors and such, so for months all I ever did here was delete 90% of the submissions and occasionally resort folders. Seemed kinda pointless when it felt like the only people actually using the group were those people who were misusing it. I never really knew for sure, though, since those story submissions were pretty much the only way I ever had to gauge who was active.

If the group is actually still doing any good, and people are using it for its intended purpose, that would be nice, but it might be best if some new people helped manage it. I kinda doubt I'm going to have much motivation to keep doing it myself anymore, to be honest, but I never had anyone in mind that I felt right about asking to do the job.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2