Twishy 1,120 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Jumpitydude
Group Admin

There is an artist by the name of Dr-Siren posted this. Curious, I asked if he wanted me to ask you guys to flesh this out. His reply was cynical, but basically a "yes." Thus, that's exactly what I'm posing this for: to see if any of you will flesh this great idea out. The entire plot of the story is in the picture's description.

Edit: Since this seems to be the concern, this is what he was worried about:

Yes I suppose. I'm not sure you would find someone willing to write a whole fanfic, but if that was possible, it would be worth a shot.
Most of ideas for this fanfic are already on this description, along with the artwork. If you could credit me and briefly explain that I just don't have the time to write this, that would be great.

So he's not cynical due to his original vision possibly not being upheld, but due to not thinking someone would have time to do this.

your url tag is broken. you need to have a [url=link] then a closing url tag:

I can imagine why he's cynical. How could any of us do justice to what's in his head? You can't simply flesh out someone's story and expect it to be right. All the little embellishments and anything added that wasn't part of the original would destroy it. Most authors are going to want to write their own story rather than be constrained by keeping true to someone else's work.

Jumpitydude
Group Admin

I don't know how I messed that up. I thought I used the hyperlink thing to post that.

Jumpitydude
Group Admin

I suppose I can understand that. The thing is, I know I would like to have someone else post a fleshed out version of my stories that deviates from my vision over letting an idea of mine just sit and rot. Especially since I have trouble fleshing things out in a timely fashion.

Besides, what he has, images and all, can produce a story at least close to what he envisioned. That's why I asked him if I could make this form; It's in the final steps, and he gave up. I would love to see his story finished.

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Hmm. It looks like an idea I could run with, but again, like Marc said, with how close it was to being finished it won't do the original author's version justice.

Would I be interested in doing this idea? Yeah, I would, that's kinda my thing, but I'm going to decline out of respect for the original author. I have a feeling he didn't really want it to be finished.

In all honesty, Jump, if you want the story finished, have a crack at it yourself. There's a reason why I started writing Impact, after all.

Jumpitydude
Group Admin

I guess I should have included or at least looked at this sooner, but this was his reply:

Yes I suppose. I'm not sure you would find someone willing to write a whole fanfic, but if that was possible, it would be worth a shot.
Most of ideas for this fanfic are already on this description, along with the artwork. If you could credit me and briefly explain that I just don't have the time to write this, that would be great.

3051754 I which case then, yeah, you should take a shot at it. I must say, it doesn't sound like he's too bothered about it. If anything, it sounds like he wants someone to take a crack at it. It won't be me though. I have far too much on my plate as it is. :raritywink:

Jumpitydude
Group Admin

Problem is, I have too much on my plate as well. Pegashush looks like he'll do something with it. Either way, I'm looking forward to what becomes of this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9