Twishy 1,117 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
GjallarFox
Group Admin

ALRIGHT EVERYONE.

So I have been forced to enact a submissions system to prevent further spam of the group's folders with content that does not belong in this group. I didn't want to have to enact this, but I have no other way of keeping the peace.

If you are a USER, you can submit stories to the Submissions folder. IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A STORY TO THE SUBMISSIONS FOLDER, PLEASE ENSURE IT FEATURE TWISHY AS A SHIP IN THE STORY ITSELF, EITHER AS PRIMARY CONTENT OR AS RELEVANT BACKGROUND CONTENT. What do I mean by that? If Twilight and Fluttershy are tagged in the story, and the romance/sex tag(s) are present, but Twilight and Fluttershy are not in a relationship in the actual story, that story DOES NOT BELONG. If TwiShy is mentioned and is not the focus to that story, but IS RELEVANT to the plot (i.e. the story is an RariJack fic but they go to Twi/Shy for dating advice because they're a couple) that story is A-OK!

CONTRIBUTORS have the above abilities, as well as the power to submit stories to the Contest folder, (more news on that later this week) which is for CONTEST ENTRIES ONLY. If this is abused to get around the submissions system, it will result in punishment from the Admins (probably me. I will be disappointed).

ADMINS have all of the above powers and are capable of moving stories from the Submissions folder to all of the other folders. They are also capable of removing stories entirely from the group if they do not feature (enough) relevant content.

If you have questions regarding this new system, please either reply to this post or message me directly. I hope to keep things running smoothly.

</3 DarqFox

The funny thing is, it's really just that one dude who's been spamming lots of groups with stories that only just barely fit the target content. I haven't actually had occasion to deal with him in any groups I admin, but I have a feeling it's on the horizon.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to ban him? It's only one guy who is spamming stories.

GjallarFox
Group Admin

If they were only putting irrelevant stories in the group I would, but they have actually added a number of stories that WERE TwiShy and DID belong here. I don't want to ban them because they are adding relevant content, albeit alongside content that isn't. Banning them would mean no relevant stories are being added, and the group stagnates.

</3 DarqFox

5922190 My first step is always to send them a message asking them to slow down and think before adding each story. If they can't handle that, then I get out the banhammer.

GjallarFox
Group Admin

5922699 I did send out the PM, but got no response. With my earlier point in mind, I decided this was the better course of action. I don't use bans lightly, and I reserve them for harsh offenses. Spam can be dealt with without the use of the banhammer.

</3 DarqFox

Well, good to know in case they come poking around a group where I'm boss. Good luck with your sorting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7