Imperium of Equestria 130 members · 66 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

GUIS
I WANT TO BE GOOD AT SOULSTORM
HOW DO

But seriously, anyone else play? Favorite expansion, mods, maps, factions, armies/schemes, etc? Dawn of War general.

Commissar Elusive
Group Admin

The Steel Legion was my favorite mod back in the Dark Crusade. It's been forever since I've played it now that I'm in DoW 2

Dark eldar for the win! Their units are strong and mobile, their abilities are useful in demoralizing the enemy and hurting/slowing them down, once place their buildings begin building on their own and do not require builder units to constantly attend them, and in my playthrough the dark eldar can annihilate most other factions relatively easily if you put in a little strategy. Except for the Sisters of Battle. They were the main obstacle I faced while playing as the Dark Eldar. their flame weapons are just so powerful and almost every unit and turret has them. So essentially what I'm saying is: BE THE DARK ELDAR! Oh and have fun.

I do have to admit, if we talk about DOW1, that DC did better than the rest of the expansions. I have always being a fan of the Imperium, even if it is a crapsack one, and the Tau almost claimed me with their trolling demeanour. Standing from afar and hitting the enemy constantly, while moving out of range in a heartbeat if it turns into a melee is almost on the verge of being overpowered against certain factions. And trying to play Imperial Guard was always the bloody same; Spam more Guardsmen and build more Pylons, followed by more Guardsmen, some Earthshakers and some Leman Russ tanks, along with a Baneblade.

The Imperial Guard is made for clogging up the weapons of the enemy with the blood of the infantry and raining death upon everything while the enemy is busy slaughtering the infantry...

DOW2, on the other hand, was a bit too repetitive in the single-player, although the annihilation of countless Tyranids just couldn't get boring. In addition, I hate Windows Live as a rule for being a sucky attempt at DRM-protection. After that, I never really got my hands on the following expansions, so I am pretty much out.

And you just have to learn the basics and improve on them for any kind of multiplay, while doing the campaign is just a matter of flattening the initial opposition, disrupting supply lines and unit production, along with my favourite tactic; "Hunker down with +50% of the economy on the map and conquer the enemy with a steamroll." :yay:

Heheheh! :rainbowlaugh:

What exactly is different between the Steel Legion and regular IG? All I can tell is the tanks, which are also expanded upon in Titanium Wars (DC/SS) and Firestorm over Kronus (DC)/Purgation of Kaurava (SS)

I hate playing those guys. Their starting units, mandrakes? Yeah, I'm 60 seconds in and half my army is dead from those cloaked fuckers.

I thought SS did a pretty nice job. What exactly would you say puts it over SS? I have all of them (complete collection), and the only reason I started with SS was for the extra races. But if the gameplay is better with DC, then I could just mod the races in.

(In Titanium Wars) I had fun killing Tau with my SPESS MEHREENS. I'd be pissing them off with sniping scouts, and thenget a cloaked one in close and BAM, dreadnoughts dropped in behind their army, just in time for them to be sandwhiched between my 'noughts and advancing legion of tacticals with plasma guns.

As for the guard...

And for DoW II...
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/311/2/0/Guide_to_Dawn_of_War_2_by_Gannadene.jpg
(link cause pic is long)

I tried my hand at the multi-play in DOW2 and the only thing that really could do it for me was the 4-man Coop against waves of enemies. Everything else would be quite retarded and the AI in the game was always sucky to a point, where the only way to victory would be with a superior advantage in numbers.

Dark Crusade was another great edition, but I always liked as the necrons in it. They have a good amount of advantages, considering their only resource is power and a lot of their starting units are absurdly cheap to produce. Also, those beginning units become extremely effective once given all their power-ups and add ons and can mow down quite a bit of the enemy army before they are killed.

Never got 2 myself. Too expensive and my computer is pretty shit. I can't really talk about it much.

So, question time. DC (modded to high hell) or SS (modded to high hell)? THe reason I started with SS was because of the 2 extra races, but then I saw they can just be modded into DC.

Also: there needs to be a Halo mod for this. I'd imagine that UNSC would be a modified IG only with autoguns and different models, and Covenant would be an Eldar/Tau mix. Mass Effect would be good too, have the specific species be chosen with a research like most mods have Chaos choose a god.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9