The Mojave Express 1,104 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

For the sake of making the forum a bit less messy... Here we go:

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking.

In the Garden of My Heart Collab

Hello, potential authors! Jasontaylorblogs here welcoming you to a special Fallout Universe crossover collaboration! I hope to simply bring together fans of the Fallout franchise--not Fallout: Equestria mind you--and see what kinds of ideas can be pumped out with just a simple scenario!

Goal:
To gather a group of Fallout fans and let them do their thing: write a crossover. To gather as many short (1-5K) solutions to a small problem presented in the governing prompt. They don’t have to be complex or deep, just a simple Fallout-themed tale.

The prompt:
Your Character wakes up surrounded by dozens of armed guards in the Canterlot Gardens. He has no memory of the events that led him there, but he knows he has his weapons. How does he handle the scenario? Is he diplomatic? Is he cooperative? Does he shoot to kill? Does he try and barter his way out?
Don’t think about things too long. You’re not writing a full-fledged story here. Just a simple little scenario, and that’s it. You don’t have to set it up for anything big to follow, and you don’t need to dwindle on any past events leading up to the scenario. Just take it with a grain of salt.

I have a GDoc made up to be the 'home base' for the fic, as well as all the rules posted in the GDoc.
If you're interested in participating, leave a comment on the GDoc with your FiMFic username, and we'll work out kinks later.
The prompt is up for alteration. If enough people decide they don't like it, it can be changed.

Regidar
Group Contributor

709769 Excellent.

ed2481
Group Contributor

Yay now we have a third post about one topic, i think we're improving!

I kid, anyways I've already begun writing my entree

First one to say 'mysterious stranger' wins 5000 awesome.

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

709800 Ooh, can I have the recipe once you're done? I LOVE ENTREES! :trollestia:

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

Also, if anyone knows anyone that would be willing to craft a cover art for the story, that'd be SUPER! :twilightsmile:

ed2481
Group Contributor

But a true chef never reveals the secrets, well until he sells out, but that's not my style :trollestia:

Omega_code
Group Contributor

I want to precipitate participate, but I don't know who to use :raritydespair:

Edit: One day brain....one day

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

709860 You should be snow. Or hail. Maybe even rain! :trollestia:

Late Night Delight
Group Contributor

If I can get off my lazy ass I might put some effort into this shit. Things might get a little wild with a gay Centurion with a passion for slicing things open shows up in a place not so slice-y. I don't know.

Am I the only one whose courier swings the other way?

This looks like fun, however I am going to skip this one out. I would join in if not for 3 reasons.

1: I'm a lurker on most boards (this entire group for one) and never join in on anything in large groups, partly because I am very antisocial, and I am eternally fearful that everyone would hate whatever I say or post.
2: I am not nearly as skilled a writer as most other writers on this site and my work would pale in comparison to theirs, to the point where It'd almost be best to not become a part of this.
3: I am very, very lazy. This is the weakest reason (excuse), I can normally get around to writing anything, but seeing as I already have the above reasons (excuses) I think it'd be better just to sit this one out. Unless I end up doing something stupid. Did I ever mention how stupid I was?

Well, have fun with this. My stupid fears keep me from joining in. Feh.

ed2481
Group Contributor

Would someone mind explaining to a poor moron who's never used Google Docs before now (me in this case) how to get his entry into the main Google Doc please?

I've already written it and put it into a Google Doc but I don't know how to attach it to the main one :facehoof:

I can do some mediocre cover art.

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

710320 Just add me to the Sharing list and I'll take it from there! :pinkiehappy:

Which you've already done! :pinkiecrazy:

ed2481
Group Contributor

Time travel ftw

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

710295 Behold as I tear your rejection apart systematically. :pinkiecrazy:

1: I'm a lurker on most boards (this entire group for one) and never join in on anything, partly because I am very antisocial, and I am eternally fearful that everyone would hate whatever I say or post.

Okay, you're on the internet. People WILL hate what you say. But guess what: you can't give two shits about their opinions! If they hate it, so fucking what? As long as even ONE person likes what you say or agrees with you, then you have something to show! And so what if you're antisocial? "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody." :rainbowdetermined2:

2: I am not nearly as skilled a writer as most other writers on this site and my work would pale in comparison to theirs, to the point where It'd almost be best to not become a part of this.

Hey, guess what. The only way to get better is to work and write. Sure, you may not be the best. Hell, none of us are the best. Authors on this site make us look like kindergarteners. But that's not the point. Writing isn't about skill, it's about having fun and letting the imagination run rampant. Don't compare yourself to others, or you WILL fail in life. :ajbemused:

3: I am very, very lazy. This is the weakest reason (excuse), I can normally get around to writing anything, but seeing as I already have the above reasons (excuses) I think it'd be better just to sit this one out. Unless I end up doing something stupid. Did I ever mention how stupid I was?

You aren't stupid as long as you put forth your best effort. Also, your other two points are now moot, and so is this one. You don't have to join the collab, but it's always nice to work with others who share similar interests. :twilightsmile:

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

710637 That would be quite delightful, good sir. Something of a Fallout/Equestrian feel, if you could. :moustache:

Yeah, that was a rather shoddy three reasons wasn't it? :twilightsmile:

Well bugger, now I feel a sort of obligation to do this. And since I have nothing to do - feh. I might get around to this. It'll be awful, but as you said, that ain't really the point. Oh, and one more thing.

Do I need a Fallout story already posted on this site to participate? Kinda didn't (see the above, "I hate posting in large groups" excuse) and I'd hate to waste any more time if that was the case.

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

710761 Nope! Hell, you don't even have to be a part of this group to contribute! Just as long as you enjoy Fallout and MLP! :pinkiehappy:
Spread the word! Tell your users! See if anypony else wants to write, and direct them to the GDoc! :twilightsmile:

Very well. I'll start writing tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how the heck to use Gdocs, but that's a trouble for a later time.

Frank DuFresne (Doc)
Group Contributor

Hmmmm...I will have to play NV ASAP. I haven't played in months...oh, wait, I still need to get 100% in Kawata Shoujo, so I guess I won't be able to write anything. :applecry: (I can't write anything) :fluttershysad::raritycry::fluttershysad::raritycry::fluttershysad::raritycry::fluttershysad::raritycry::fluttershysad::raritycry: (The game makes me cry a lot. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

Oooh. Yes! :pinkiehappy:

This prompt gives me ideas. Will work on this in the next couple days! When I have my days off from work anyways. Dumb jobs :ajbemused:. Well... can't complain too much on that... it keeps my internet active... who needs food? :pinkiecrazy: *stomach grumbles* Oh... :twilightblush::facehoof:

710955 Utter nonsense! :flutterrage: As chef Gusteau once said in Ratatouille (pretty sure I spelled that wrong):

Anyone can cook...

And this applies to writing as well! And therefore this applies to you. I don't remember the first part of the next quote... but he says: "Only the fearless can be great.." Or something similar enough. Point is: You never know until you try. And writing is definitely something to try. :rainbowdetermined2:

As jasontaylorblogs already said, none of us on here are the best, and the only way to get better is to practice. When I posted my first fic (before becoming a brony, and only just started high school) it was fun to write, but I was terrible at it. :ajsleepy: While I still wrote stuff, I never posted anything for the longest time, too afraid to. But then it dawned on me that that criticism I was so afraid of was just there to help me (well, the good criticism anyways).

And here I am. I don't have that many followers, favorites or thumbs up on the stories I've posted (two), but I still have fun writiing them. Sure, it's discouraging when very few people sem to like or even take notice, but shutting yourself down won't alleviate the problem. You've got to persevere and press on. Endure and triumph.

For every journey starts with a single step. And in this case, every author starts with a single word. The rest is time and patience. :eeyup:

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

711288 Spoken like a true author, my friend. :moustache:

Frank DuFresne (Doc)
Group Contributor

711288 No, I meant I can't write because I don't have the time.

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

712903 Hey. Hey you. Hey, listen! Hey.
Understandable. We all have lives, after all. But uh...you're missing out on something fun here, bro. :raritywink::twilightsheepish::pinkiehappy::scootangel:

i want to write one because i think its a good idea but im a crap writer and everyone will point and laugh at my failed attempted to write a fanfiction :'(

Explodium
Group Contributor

Hrnn....thinking about it...

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

721735 And? Writing is a form of expression. Who gives two shits what someone else thinks about your writing, as long as you have fun! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::rainbowdetermined2:

723075 DOOOOO EEEEEEEET!!! :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

728351 good point :D but could you be my editor aswell? im not very good at spelling...

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

728520 I proof-read and edit each one (if needed) before I link it to the main Doc for everyone to see. :pinkiehappy:
But if you want to meet the priority deadline, it's Thursday. :twilightsmile:

How do I link my story to the main one ?:rainbowhuh:

_No_One_Remains_
Group Admin

731989 Make sure it's in GDoc format, share it with me, I'll proof-read and (if necessary) edit it, then link it myself. :twilightsmile:
But it has to be GDoc format, so I can edit without transferring ownership.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33