The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,733 members · 378 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

As a person who is a fan of bad guys turning good or tragic folks getting moments of happiness and respite. I'm a little disappointed that Queen Chrysalis didn't get redeemed in the end. I was so hoping she'd be redeemed. But alas she was evil to the bitter end and turned to stone.

Am I the only one who was hoping for that redemption to happen?
I was starting to believe that Chrysalis focused episodes was trying to convey a change of heart due to the constant betrayal of subordinates and creations such as the "mean 6"

If she was to experience happiness just once, I would have been happy. Knowing that she spent her whole life in the shadows and being an enemy makes me sad for her. I wish she just once received TRUE Happiness just for a bit, not through fanfics, but legit for herself.

Things could have been so different if maybe she tried diplomacy or tried to make a single friend.
I think we can all agree, just like the show conveyed, that whether she accepted or denied Starlight Glimmer was the point of no return, and she chose wrong...

At least that's what I think.
I know some of you guys like that she stayed a villain to the end and plot-wise, I agree that good. But even villains have their reasons...

Now she's set in stone forever, unlike Discord, Chaos magic won't set her free.

What do you guys think about the matter of her end?

This is the last we see of our heroes? Not redeeming the villains but utterly turning them to stone? Chrysalis, yes, but worse, Cozy Glow -- a child. Great job, people, great job, "Don't do anything bad, kids, or you're punished!"

I get the feeling that if they continued the series a little further, they'd be able to make episodes featuring their redemption.

Hopefully the Season 10 IDW Comics can resolve it for her.
Agreed. Hasbro is so wrong for that. GIVE HER A REASON WHY SHE IS LIKE THIS.

I agree, I'm same as you but a bit off, i may not have been able to watch all of the show but i know what happened, to me it's kind of, heartless ? I don't know, everyone has their reasons, to me, if Queenie was not such an 'cold hearted person i see why she did somethings, also she could have had real reasons why she didn't try diplomacy, maybe she did but got booted.

Let's end that there, the matter of her end, Well, I'm kind of sad, also, she's been turned to stone that not even the Lord of chaos can undo, that's gonna last a VERY long time, anywho, it was good, but at same time, it wasn't.

Edit: sorry if i was ranting

Yeah, the finale left a sour taste in my mouth.

That's what I would have imagined
I never read the comics, tried to but they're all over the place, idk where to start.
It really did

I couldn't agree more. Since that moment on the mountain in Frenemies, it has been quite clear that she had the potential to mend her ways. The whole Legion did, but Chrysalis most of all. The possibility has been alluded to from To Where and Back Again onward. There are some who say it couldn't be done well, but I'm certain it could've been pulled off. One would only need to find the right circumstances and all the pieces were there to set them up. Such a redemption would've been a better payoff than any number of weak twists or copy-pasted speeches.

Comment posted by Unknown Ficwriter deleted Oct 31st, 2019

While I'm sad to see Queen Chrysalis encased in stone, I'm glad it was on a high note. Better to do it as she'd recovered shards of dignity than let her slowly descend to insanity. While I agree that redemption was possible, I'm glad it didn't happen. With Starlight, being Twilight's student, as the exception the rest of the reformed villains have either been reduced to minor nostalgic cameos or slap-stick appearances. Better to die as a beloved villain than live as a hurried/half planned redemption.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10