The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,733 members · 384 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

his name is Thorax
He has a voice.
Edit: Can any name the voice actor for Thorax

About the voice actor:
A) Voice actors are professionals in the art of convincingly bending and twisting their voices, thus voice ID is unreliable.
B) Fifty hours from now, we will all now.

SORRY! Kindness like that kind of brings that out!

Of course. They went down the "all changelings are evil" route.

Good voice though.

D48
D48 #4 · Aug 18th, 2016 · · 4 ·

5433692 ...Of course they did. Why would they do something thoughtful and interesting when they can do something stupid that makes a total mockery of the fundamental premise of the show and ruins any possibility of doing anything genuinely interesting? What do you think this is, season 1? :facehoof:

...Or maybe that's the changeling equivalent of having a tasty steak waved under your nose after you've been starving for weeks.

Might want to wait for a little context.

5433701 ........What? Because being presented with kindness and positive emotions brings out a predatory aspect response because that's how they feed means 'evil'?

5433774 "Well, I WAS raised by an evil queen, so..."

And obviously he's not the only changeling in the entire world, so yeah.

Also, let's not forget that this response was triggered a split second after Spike asked Thorax if anyone had ever been nice to him. As if Hasbro was, I don't know, using his reaction to answer the question for the audience.

5433796 So he was raised by an evil queen and eats positive emotion. I can see that reaction happening and I'd be surprised if he didn't act like that on reflex. Chrysalis is evil and I'm sure many of the changelings act likewise under her reign while not all agreeing with it or have left. We won't know the full story until the episode comes out.

5433807 I'm still doubtful. Look at his face when he reacts to Spike's kindness. That's not a face of "Ooh, yummy love!" That's a face of "Get that taboo out of my face or else!"

5433860 I don't really see the second one myself, but either way, I don't see how this is detrimental to anything the show's given us thus far.

5433864 I don't see how this doesn't go to show that Hasbro's demonizing changelings.

5433899 Because this changeling wants to be friendly and his ruler is evil? I don't see how this is daemonizing a complete race in any sort of way possible.

5433901 It's because the way he's acting is because of how he was raised—straight from the changeling's mouth. And if the Queen was the one who raised him, than unless he's a prince, that more than likely means that all changelings are raised like that. The only way out of this is if there's multiple Queens, which we have yet to see.

5433903 Yes, that would mean that more then likely his environment raised more mean spirited individuals and actions given said society. To which this changeling doesn't seem to want, from what we've been shown. So this means that changelings are better off not living under their current Queen's rule. Perhaps we shouldn't jump to conclusions before the episode airs, but I for one look forward to something positive.

5433906 As if this is the only evidence.

Much as I wish it were untrue, everything the changelings have ever done is malicious and/or violent, no matter what canon it is. The comics, the show, the card game. Not one changeling has done one good thing, whether or not they're influenced by Chrysalis.

5433936 First of all, and? Because they are ruled by an evil queen and such? That they are antagonists in many cases? I don't see why this was an issue.

Nor should we forget the changeling at the wedding or in this episode, who says he was just raised by an evil queen and shows he does want companionship.

First of all, and?

Let me repeat: REGARDLESS of a higher power's influence over them, everything any changeling has done has never been with any trace of goodness.

Nor should we forget the changeling at the wedding or in this episode

Literally just there to make people go "AMG CHANGELINGS!!!1!1!1!!!1one!!!1"

or in this episode, who says he was just raised by an evil queen and shows he does want companionship.

One changeling that's a nice guy, compared to the numerous evil deeds that changelings have done in every single timeline relevant to MLP.

I think the latter holds more weight.

5433963 So what if only some of the changelings want to be nice? That can very well change over time, even if Chrysalis herself stays villainous.

REGARDLESS of a higher power's influence over them, everything any changeling has done has never been with any trace of goodness.

You mean after the queen orcestrated the fights and told them to feed on the ponies and other creatures? Or the fact that Chrysalis would harm them if they did something she wasn't fond of.

So what if only some of the changelings want to be nice?

You mean the one changeling in this episode? Yeah, he's not much.

You mean after the queen orcestrated the fights and told them to feed on the ponies and other creatures? Or the fact that Chrysalis would harm them if they did something she wasn't fond of.

Remember in the comics when the changelings landed in that strange village of cute and cuddly cat things? They instinctually and reflexively cited and complete and utter revulsion to their kindness—some of them were even afraid—and were more than happy to capture and subdue these innocent little creatures and use their home as a place to recover. I don't know about you, but that's evidence enough for me.

Trust me, I want to take your side and think we still need evidence. I used to believe that the changelings' side of everything was one worth hearing out, and they were all deep down living creatures that didn't have to be completely evil. Truth be told, I still do think that changelings are just people (well, as close to people as bug horses can get), and that they all are capable of having their own morals, feelings, doubts, and insecurities, even someone like Queen Chrysalis. But more and more canon just keeps piling up against that logic every time the changelings show up, so I've just given up trying to convince myself of that.

You mean thrusting forward as he starts to hiss, and pulling back when he stops himself? That looks like a predator's response to a tasty morsel, not an expression of revulsion.

Like I said, maybe you should wait for the actual episode and judge it from the context therein, rather than from a thirty second clip and your own preconceptions.

5434244 Whatever you say, man.

Oh boy, here we go. time to ruin bugponies in the name of a shitty episode.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22