Ilias' Disciples 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

This is completely irrelevant to ponies, but you guys need to watch this show if you haven't already. It's a lot deeper and more emotional then it's predecessor, while not skimping out on the action and fighting. And this time the protagonist has Tits, seriously guys, Tits!

The Legend Of Korra
Have some early character art:

It's also surprisingly mature for a Nickelodeon show, in my personal opinion, they should just abandon Niggerlodeon altogether and add blood and guts to it. It's a show that's lessened purely due to being on a kids network. I mean, having the characters take and maintain physical damage such as cuts, bloodied lips and bruising would really add depth and immersion to the show, as well as making it 20% cooler.

What do you guys think:

Ilias
Group Admin

I'm not going to watch that, but now that I have played MGQ and like it immensely, I can now say that all anime is not shit.

technically avatar is not anime...

watched it... I think its still pretty meh. I mean so far its all about the city while the last avatar was an epic adventure across the globe with an obcessed teenager stalking and overthrowing a global empire.

korra? learn how to use wind and shes so useless that she cant talk with the avatars or go in that state. theres no character progression.

Just a lot of teasing about character progression that thus far has not truly happened.

Fair enough, I thought it was pretty good. But you have to admit the animation is amazing. Also, never said it was anime.

I still think they should make an adult version with blood and injury. Your opinion?

its fine as is. The pacing of the action and etc. excellent as ever.

It's just the direction of the plot... it'd be much better if korra travelled the world and began encountering the equalists. and slowly beginning to realise just the extent of how powerful they are (and just how much of the population supports them). showing that they are as influential as the white lotus.

and so Korra journeys to the capital, to worm out the source and expose the moles within the higher places of power. but also understand that she has power that she is responsible for. As such her actions have consequences resulting in saving or losing lives.

right now? Amon is evil is because he is. and benders are good people because they are ok? something about balance for the world and stuff (we don't know the details ok... so just accept it viewers at home!).

there is NOTHING in the show that contradicts that benders use their power to be douches to ppl. as it stands Korra is on the negative side of the moral compass.

I'll watch it but I'll later deconstruct it and THEN hate on it. Not like a ranter but as an intellectual.

That's the spirit, I'm pretty sure she'll be traveling later on, the first season is set in Republic city to get things going ect, they've traded epic adventure for emotional depth.

I feel as though the Last AirBender was a much larger series, what with the war going on, the adventure, battles and shear scope of the whole thing, They traveled the world.

But that's the catch, this new series is set in the same world, so it's just as fantastical, only more technologically advanced. In someways this will restrict the adventure aspects, but it opens up a wide avenue for additional things like Drama and immersion ect.

Also, I disagree with your opinion on Amon, to me he's not really evil, just hell bent on revenge and willing to stupe to lower levels to get what he wants, which in to his mind is a noble goal. I reckon the series has a morality with shades of gray instead of black and white, for example in the latest episode we see the owner of 'Future Industries' as a xenophobic racist and bad guy, but we know he's a loving father and is only deluded as such because his wife was killed by a firebender.

Then again, you're right, Amon is painted as the bad guy, but at least they justified it.

You know what, i have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

Last night I dreamed I got stoned, I found this dealer who outwitted to angry crackheads by amazing use psychology, he then went back into his rundown back garden. My friends urged me forward and asked if he could sell me some drugs, "what kind" he asked in a scouse accent, "some skunk" I replied, he took 5 pounds off me and stalked away and came back with a large grin on his face after roiling a spliff.

He lit the spliff and blew smoke into my face, I was instantly stoned and went on a weird trip complete with outlandish hallucinations in which I saw things that later turned out to be different, events that never happened such as going to the mall which later turned out to be my bedroom, I dreamed my girlfriend was my mother after feeling up her tits. I freaked out but then found her passed out of the sofa as my girlfriend and not my mother. Then it turns out my mother was never in the house and that I hallucinated the entire thing. Then I woke up. I never had a Girlfriend.

>Mfw

> spaghetti fell out of pockets
>Steaming Liquid diarrhea bursts fourth from my anus and covers my bed sheets
>Jump up, smear shit all over walls and body while screeching like animal
>run on all fours down the stairs and into the kitchen leaving a trail of congealed shit that stinks to high heaven
>slip on spaghetti
>fall on the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur.
>wake up for realz this tiem, "Anon" my mother cried, "GET THE FUCK UP YOU'RE LATE FOR COLLAGE AGAIN"
>wished I was still dreaming.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7