The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 5987 )
  • Viewing 5,701 - 5,750 of 5,987
Rixizu
Group Contributor

You can find what I've written so far here. I'm getting very close to completing Chapter 10. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions if you want.

Anyway, I never thought I would see the day when you can legally watch KR in the US. I hope they get some more series. I am really loving Zero One right now. I actually bought a Zero One belt, but I'm worried it might have gotten lost in the mail. The tracking hasn't updated in 8 days. -_-

I like buying belts. I've actually collected quite a few of them. I have the Faiz, Leangle (Which is weirdly the only one too small for me), Chalice, W, Lost Driver, and Build Belts. It's crazy how accurate they are to the ones in the show. I know this is done on purpose, but it really threw me off the first time I held my W belt. It even makes all the right sounds! Okay, the Gaia Memories do, but you know what I mean.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

I totally do! I have the Den-O Belt, the Keitaros Phone, the Zeronos Belt, the Lost Driver (and the Skull Magnum and a gachapon T2 Joker memory for it), the Accel Driver (and Trial Memory), the Fourze Driver and the Ghost Driver!

Oh and the TheBee Zecter!

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

It's a thrilling story! I still have trouble imagining a pony on a motorcycle, but I want to see more for sure!

Rixizu
Group Contributor

True, but I couldn't have the story without them, could I? I'm not sure why I picked Cadance to be the evil Rider, but I enjoy writing her. She and Ditzy as fun villains. Ditzy has proven to be quite an effective villain. I've enjoyed writing evil versions of the Luna 6. I just need to figure out how to add Lyra to the story. I was thinking she'd be a news commentator or something with her marefriend Bon-Bon shilling for Shocker. Something like that.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Hey folks, hope you're all staying safe out there these days. Admittedly my day to day hasn't changed much, given I barely go out anyway and my work is largely unaffected by recent events. But all that aside, just the other week I got excited by what is for me very good news. Bleach, pretty much one of my all time favorite mangas and anime, is finally coming back. After eight years of the anime having ended just prior to the final story arc of the manga, that arc is going to get an anime adaption next year. That alone is news that'd have me extremely stoked, but there was even more good news on top of that. Bleach's writer, Tite Kubo, had done a one shot manga called Burn the Witch a little while back that, while being it's own thing, was also a spin-off of the Bleach universe and had some interesting concepts in it. And that manga is not only getting an extension and serialization in Shounen Jump, but it's getting it's own anime adaption as well.

And apparently that'll be coming out this summer, with the Bleach anime returning next year. Still a bit of a wait, but given how long I've waited already, a little longer won't be so bad.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Good for you! On my end, I'm anxiously waiting for that Digimon Adventure reboot because I'm not expecting anything good from TOEI on that front...

Let's hope the pendemic doesn't delay the return of Bleach then!

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

A Digimon reboot would be a good chance for me to check the series out, since much like Pokemon it's one of those big franchises that kind of flew by me when I was a kid. I'm not too worried about the recent virus troubles delaying Bleach much, since it's slated for next year, and by then this should have blown over. I'm actually more concerned with the economic issues the virus causes delaying or even canceling comics, since I'm kinda interesting to see what happens in MLP Season 10, and don't want this interfering with that too much. I know IDW has already delayed it's May comic releases, and only time will tell if it goes further than that.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Digimon isn't that big of a franchise though, especially since only the first three seasons are any good :p even if 02 is clearly the middle child.

Digimon Adventure still holds up, but then Digimon Adventure Tri was a HUUUUUGE letdown that I could go on a massive rant about. And now TOEI announced Digimon Adventure: (yes, the colon is part of the title) that'll be a reboot of Adventure and I'm super doubtful they'll be able to capture the feel of the original again since they couldn't pull it off for Tri. Already, they seem to have changed the look of the Digital World to this weird neon-green 90's VR game world for some reason and that's just dumb.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

For the record?

Even if you're not a Transformers fan, I highly recommend Thew's Awesome Transformer Reviews. Funny as all get-out, and his portmanteaus are damned clever.

Detectivefish
Group Contributor

Colon is (aside from a weird choice of title) just so random.
And at first glance it seems the most major chance is... everyone's wearing a slightly different outfit?
Oh, and Kari's there from the beginning apparently.
And there's a baby version of Algomon involved somehow. (Which, as an aside, looks way cuter than a faceless blob monster has any right to.)
Surely if someone just wanted to watch Adventure again they could... watch Adventure again?
(I'd ask why we can't get a sequel to Tamers, but given the monkey's paw that was tri... maybe it's for the best.)

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

You know I'm trying to remember how I first started watching his Thew's reviews...

Have you recommended him on this forum before? I feel like maybe you have. Either way I must add my own humble endorsement. Thew is just such a fun loving guy, that it's hard not to smile the whole way through his videos.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

7184398 I second this endorsement! I've been watching his reviews since... like... Dark of the Moon was in theatre, maybe, and he's always entertaining! I even support him on Patreon!

7184501 Oh yeah, a sequel to Tamers would probably be terrible... But I wouldn't mind if they were to just give Chiaki Konaka the key to the kingdom again and maybe let him actually DO SOMETHING with the Dark Ocean...

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

I might've. Thew is just that cool.

I've been watching for a while, too. I almost always have a smile at the end.

Actually, I might as well post his latest, for those who don't follow him. It's time for MONTHLY MEGATRON!

Rixizu
Group Contributor

On roll20 someone posted a One-Shot for Tails of Equestria to play the Curse of the Statuettes module and it is currently empty of players. They are looking for 7 people. Is anyone interested in playing this? It's going to be held next Thursday at 3:PM Central Time. If you've never played Tails of Equestria, don't worry. Its a simple system and you could easily pick it up even if you haven't read the rulebook.

I am posting this because I'm the only one that has applied so far and really hope to finally get a chance to play this game. It's a fun little system. Besides, it would be fun to hang out with you guys.

You can find the game here.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Darn, with that start time I won't be able to make it. I'll be at work until at least 5:00 PM.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

That's a pity. It would be fun to game with you. I'll keep my eye out for any more Tails game and give you the heads up if I find any.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

We did talk about running our own game at some point using a different system but we never quite got around to it.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Yeah, it's a shame the game didn't work out. We did talk on Skype once, and that was fun. The Lunaverse needs a discord or something.

Oops, I messed up. Curse my bad reading skills. The game is on April 23, not the 16th. Are you available at that time, or do you still need to work?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Working, unfortunately.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Whew, just finished the Final Fantasy 7 Remake yesterday, and gotta say, Square Enix really managed to knock this one out of the park. Easily a 9/10 from me. Graphically it's a bloody beautiful game that offers plenty of fantastic views, and has very little in the way of any bugs or hiccups. Soundtrack does an incredible job of bringing the old themes back in new ways, striking the right nostalgic chords while still doing some new things. The combat is majorly overhauled into a more action format, but I found it smooth and fun to play, although my main nitpick here, and the reason it's a 9/10 instead of a 10/10, is that I find the new mechanics are a it finicky regarding the "stagger" system and just how much it's borderline required to stagger certain enemies and bosses in order to win effectively. For those who haven't played the game, the way combat works is that your regular attacks are all action oriented (as in you press square a bunch of times to attack) and this builds your ATB gauge to use special moves/use magic or times. All enemies have ways you can increase their stagger gauge, be it an elemental weakness, being parried, being attacked from behind, having a component destroyed, ect, and then when they're staggered your damage on them gets a huge bonus. Problem I have is, some bosses are nearly immune to most damage unless you stagger them, and figuring out how to stagger them can take a lot of trial and error in some cases. Not always, but a few fights can be a bit frustrating in this regard.

Now, that aside, the story is the major component of any RPG, and FF7 Remake delivers here. This isn't just a retelling of the original story. It's more like a revision, refinement, and expansion of the story. It hits all the same beats as the original while adding whole new ones, rearranging others, changing some, and taking the story in a couple of directions that I don't think anybody would've really predicted, all of it ensuring that by the end of this segment you realize that whatever Square Enix has planned next it's going to be more than just a remake. Personally I loved it. I especailly appreciated that the other characters of Avalanche, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie, get a lot more screen time and are more fleshed out than what we got in the original. I wont' say any more on the story to avoid spoilers, but I was pretty damn satisified.

For those wondering on length, I clocked in at just over 34 hours in my play-through. A tad short for a JRPG, but considering they took a segment of the original's story that was, at most, ten hours, and managed to give it over triple the length without making it feel forced, I'm going to give him a pass on just doing the Midgard section for this first game. in the original, once you're out of Midgar, the game opens up to the world map, and that'll probably feel very different in this remake than the Midgar's more focused city sections, so I can understand if they want the world exploration to be it's own game, probably with it's own unique mechanics.

So in the end, great game, don't regret bingeing through it in about three or four days.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Well, I started a new shift at work yesterday. 9 PM to 6 AM. And I gotta say, it's... pretty good. I don't have to deal with customers-and some of them have been really big assholes lately-and the night just kinda flew by.

Detectivefish
Group Contributor

Almost finished another chapter of Nightmares.
Just need to figure out how to end it properly. And then do some going over and touch-ups and so forth.
So by current predictions, that'll probably only take until September.
... wait, it is 2020, right?

Fair warning, it is mostly character moments.
(Mainly because I wanted just one chapter where nothing horrible happens to Thesis. ... possibly before doing something horrible to her)
Well, character moments and clumsy foreshadowing.
Character moments, fluff and clumsy foreshadowing.
Its three main components a... no, hold on...

And there's a scene with Zecora which I'm uncertain about, which is irritating because the difficulty in rhyming dialogue.
Spend all your time wracking your brains and then they turn around and go "y'know what, not sure this scene's necessary."
grr, etc.
But it does have four out of six of the Element Bearers in it. Progress!
(not at the same time, though...)

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

So, over the past three days I watched all eight episodes of the Mandalorian.

This show is fucking awesome. This is the Way.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yes it is... I have spoken.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

If I ever get Disney Plus, that's going to be the first thing I watch. :pinkiesmile:

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

That show alone semi-justifies the price. It's just so good.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Very much looking forward to season 2. The show hit a nice sweet spot between action and character that isn't always easy to pull off.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

I'm thinking of finally watching all of Rebels and getting into the Clone Wars.

And bingeing Gargoyles, too.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

So, as part of my efforts to make something of this time in quarantine, I've been trying to push forward on some projects.

Writing has been going well--I wrote and published 'For the Mare who has Everything,' as well as advancing on some personal writing projects.

I've also been trying to see more films I hadn't seen before that were influential or important in some way. (Basing my list mostly on the '1001 films to see before you die' list, but with a few additions of my own). Basically, I haven't seen many films that came out more than 10 or so years ago, and I'm tired of seeing modern stuff make references I don't understand. :-) This is building off of a project I had last year when I tried to do the same thing but got distracted and only got through 10 or so movies (The Godfather Trilogy, The Maltese Falcon, Rear Window, The Magnificent 7, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Breakfast Club, Chinatown, and Enter the Dragon). So far this year I've made better progress and gotten through:

* The Indiana Jones movies (1-4)
* The Back to the Future movies (1-3)
* Fargo
* A Fistful of Dollars
* Monty Python's Life of Brian
* West Side Story
* Grease
* Dirty Harry (1)
* Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I have a bunch more on my list too--Jaws, Double Indemnity, The Big Lebowski, Taxi Driver, Blade Runner, A Few Good Men, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, For a Few Dollars More, 2001 a Space Odyssey, Alien (and maybe its sequels), etc.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I am so very jealous. I wish I could stay at home. I know most people just want to go back to work, but I didn't like my job before it became incredibly busy due to being one of the few places open.

vazak
Group Contributor

Relieved to see things seem relatively chill here despite the 'everything' going on. I hope everyone is keeping well!
That is incredibly impressive, kudos!
You have my sympathies boss!

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Thanks, Vazak. I hope you're doing well, too.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I was actually relieved to return to work, but my job usually keeps me away from people. I will be sure to keep you in my prayers.

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

A bit overworked, but otherwise doing great. Hope you do as well!:twilightsmile:

vazak
Group Contributor

Pretty good all things considered thanks :)
My sympathies, hopefully things ease up for you and thanks for asking, doing pretty well with my art and stuff so yay XD

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

It's fine, extra money from overtime makes it worth it. Can you show us your art, please?

vazak
Group Contributor

I'm glad to hear that and wish you the best with it!

I definitely can, though my most recent project involves spoilers for She-Ra and isn't quite finished it, so I'll share a couple of others, thank so much for the interest :)

This is a link to my main Twitter page where I've posted a decent number of pics.

Also my OC, Yancy from an original project I've been toying with for years, Aftershock.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

I started watching Rebels. Ezra's... kinda annoying. he and Zeb together can be quite... immature in a bad way. But overall I'm liking it. Hera and Sabine's awesome.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Yeah, Ezra is kind of annoying in season 1. He gets a lot better in later seasons.

Oh hey, Fimfiction is back. I'm almost finished with the epilogue of a Lunaverse story I'm writing, and wouldn't it be stupid if Fimfiction closed down for good right when I'm about to finish a story I've been working on for months? Part of me had an irrational fear about this.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

So, has anyone else heard of this game?

They escaped to a lost planet to be together. A RPG adventure about love and freedom. To play solo or co-op with a special someone.

This might just be the most unique twist on co-op gameplay I've ever seen. Dating sims are nothing new in gaming, but this might be the first ever game I've seen marketed as something to play with an actual person you're dating.

There's a limited demo over on Steam available through the end of the week for anyone curious to check it out. It's not quite enough to get a handle on the gameplay, but the character dialogue seem like it could be a lot of fun.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Well the start date for Pony Life still seems to be bouncing all over the place, but they have at least put up 30 second trailers for the mane 5. No love for the background ponies though :ajbemused:

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Well. That was... interesting.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I'm honestly wondering if Twilight's trailer and the thing she says at the end ("no foe too irredeemable") might be a form of and signal of damage control vis-a-vis how the Legion of Doom was treated.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Finally finished a crazy long story I've been working on, Galaxy Rangers: the Movie - Shocker Crisis!. It's a crossover between the Lunaverse and Kamen Rider. With my own crazy twists, of course. I'm exhausted after finishing it. I don't know why I always make myself do crazy long projects like this. I'm too ambitious for my own good.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Only just noticed this...because I've been working on a bunch of projects of my own. I know that feel. :derpytongue2:

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Just recently played through this game, and I have to say it's probably one of the best mecha games I've played. I mean, its nothing like, say, Armored Core or Battletech where it's trying to be realistic or offer a bunch of detailed customization (although there is some of that in there), instead it's trying it's best to be a solid rendition of a Gundam style mech anime in the form of a 2D action game and honestly I think it nails it.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Speaking of Kamen Rider, look what's coming soon!

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

*Steps in, looks at the episde guide. Next to it, a missing photo with my picture on it. I smirk and rip it.*

Ok, so there is actually a long and kind of complicated reason for why I had been missing on this forum and hadn't done any episodes for a while.

See, since I have a job where I have to work for different clients at different times, kind of had trouble finding times to actually read Lunaverse. Heck, the reason why I stopped the way I had been doing it (After every fic) was because I wanted to read a whole bunch of other stories. But, I kept getting my saturdays filled, so I kept losing the chance to read or do it.

But, I have changed, I decided to instead go back to the old way,reading them after each major story.

(That and working on a certain epic length, 64K pony fic takes it out of you)

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Welcome back. :)

So... I've started writing a non-MLP fic. It's kind of insane. You know the Bangles? All-female rock band, highly underrated? They did a video for their song 'Walking Down Your Street'.

SO GOOD!

Anyway... yeah. I'm expanding this into a full-fledged fanfic. There's gonna be some changes/adaptations.

1. The band in-universe will be the Bangles, not the Lovebeats.
2. it'll be a Battle of the Bands, not them winning the entire thing at once. Their competition?

ALSO SO GOOD!

3. Huey Lewis and the News will be antagonists, but not actual villains.

So... yeah. A little crazy. :D

• Viewing 5,701 - 5,750 of 5,987