The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

...while browsing Derpibooru (shut up about it, move on!) and came to share it.

Apparently the official name for the Nightmare Takeover Timeline is the "Lunaverse" now.

I couldn't find any past mention of it so I thought I'd share it.

interesting find. thanks.

Well, whatever.
This Lunaverse was here first.

Shouldn't it be called Nightmare Night verse or something like that?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Odd name for it given that it’s Nightmare Moon, not Luna, in charge. Though it also lends credence to my belief that it’s wrong to treat Nightmare Moon as a different person from Luna, and thereby absolve Luna of what she did as Nightmare Moon.

Does Gameloft count as B-Canon, like the IDW comic writers? I'd be surprised.

Or someone just liked a pun.

Theory, a person called it the Lunaverse because their a fan of this series and happened to catch fire.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

I'll just take this as an indication that our Lunaverse here has had enough of a presence to influence the choice to call that particular timeline by our name.

As they say in Hollywood
"Imitation is the sincerest indication of success."

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

7596287 7596304
It does seem an odd choice of name. Nightmareverse or maybe Moonverse would both seem more apt, or maybe no "verse" at all and just prefix those variants with something like Night Eternal.

I do wonder now though if the existence of this potentially official designation will lead to any new confusions. Back in the day when we were one of the largest groups on the site we used to get all kinds of submissions for plain old Luna focused fics that had nothing to do with our AU.

...while browsing Derpibooru (shut up about it, move on!) and came to share it.

Forgive me if this isn't moving on, but since when has there been anything wrong with browsing Derpibooru?

I'm over there browsing art quite frequently myself. It's an incredibly convenient way to sort through and organize the massive amounts of fanart that has been created.

since when has there been anything wrong with browsing Derpibooru?

The Aryanne drama. Folks can still be salty about it.

Not to mention it just as much led to me losing a friend as it led to me making that friend in the first place.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Ah, yes... well, while the less said about that particular OC the better, however, I'm a little surprised an OC tagged in only 0.1% of images would be able to stir up that much drama.

Still, I'm sorry you lost a friend over it.

Don't be. We didn't split, she ran off. I just hope I can find her again.

Actually the first time I ever heard the term "Lunaverse" was like a decade ago, in the 4Kids English dub of Magical DoReMi.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15