The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Yeah I saw it. I will give this a chance. But I have 2 concerns.

1. The movie going to have the mane male/joke character be an idiot to make the rest of the mane cast look better.

2. This will be another Beast Machines. AKA the writers of this movie didn't watch G4. I mean's there a Twilight Toy in the trailer but it's Twilight as an Unicorn.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I'm cautiously optimistic, as I have been since the start.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

I am neither encouraged nor discouraged by what I see. I am in a state of eternal "meh" from which I have yet to see a clear route from.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I don't know, Izzy is such a charming delight and if her smile doesn't fill your heart with joy I'm not sure what can. :twilightsmile:

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

She's enjoyable enough, and may well cause me to crack a smile or two. My enthusiasm is just heavily dragged down by various factors when it comes to pony, so it's difficult for me to get particularly excited. Not like I won't give this a fair watch, though.

There's a bit more than just a Twilight toy, although I admit that doesn't necessarily mean the writers watched FiM, so the jury's still out of that one.

As for the second concern, I didn't see anything in the trailer that appeared to point to that being the case. He certainly isn't any more jokey than Izzy is, and the slightly bumbling but good hearted sheriff is a trope at least as old as the Hollywood western. The point there is that he's not Dudley Do-Right, and the fact that he's there at all is progress.

Hmm.... Meh... I am passing this movie up along with MLP G5. Honestly it does not catch my interest I'm afraid. :applejackunsure:

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I'm certainly willing to watch it if I can, it's an enjoyable enough trailer but trailers are not often indicative of the full product.

Correction, the movie is going to have the male character be a himbo. This is clearly the optimal timeline.

I see your point.

2. This will be another Beast Machines. AKA the writers of this movie didn't watch G4. I mean's there a Twilight Toy in the trailer but it's Twilight as an Unicorn.

Not sure if the Twilight toy is evidence enough that the writers never watched G4, she did start out as a unicorn after all. I'm not too concerned if it turns out that the writers never watched G4, as G4 isn't leading directly into G5 like Beast Wars & Beast Machines did, they're two different time periods. All the writers need to know is major events, what previous generation MLP villains G4 already used, and some aspects of the world building. Aside from that, they can do almost anything they want in the setting.

Want to say the relationship might be closer to Transformers G1 & Beast Wars. Not sure if the writers for the latter watched the former as there was the blunder of having Optimus Prime's spark being part of the Matrix of Leadership.

I see your point.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

The lead writers for Beast Wars had indeed never watched G1. They did, however, end up getting involved with the old Transformers usenet newgroup. This is why Beast Wars first season started out with almost no references to previous continuity, but the series become increasingly referential as it went on.

As for the Optimus Prime spark/matrix debacle, that wasn't actually the writers' fault. The scrip only mentioned a casing that held the spark. Rather it was an animator who decided to reference the 86 film for the visuals without understanding the significance. The error was actually caught before the episode aired, but it would have been too expensive to reanimate the entire scene due to the cost of CGI back then, So instead they added in a brief line of dialogue saying Prime's spark was connected to the matrix.

I for one am liking what i see so far.

I only know two things. One, that Izzy is a precious cupcake and must be protected. Two, that the white pegaus, Zipp, can definitely step on me.

Anyone else notice Izzy deploying weapons-grade bedroom eyes when talking about how much glitter they were going to need? :trollestia:

I see your Zipp fever is approaching John Oliver/Adam Driver levels. :trollestia: :rainbowlaugh:

Oh no, for Zipp it's just starting. Tempest however...
Can cage me up and I wouldn't mind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18