The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Think about it. He swallowed the Rainbow of Darkness, the evil counterpart to the Elements of Harmony. I very much doubt that object can be destroyed, maybe like the elements it can be turned inert and that will eventually happen while in Solrathicharnon-Saurivthurgix's body until he dies. But if that doesn't happen maybe he'll fuse with the Rainbow of Darkness, making him stronger then Discord. After all Discord can be defeated instantly by the Elements, would their evil counterpart be so easy to defeat? And Solrathicharnon-Saurivthurgix wouldn't want to stop getting revenge on Luna just because Corona becomes Celestia again. So this is my theory, that he will be the end boss as it were.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I need to win the lottery so that I have nothing but time to write.

Makes a certain amount of sense.
BUT there's a religious element to Corona's power as well.
Zecora certainly won't stay loyal to him. She will follow Corona/Celestia.
Will the others stay loyal?

I think it depends on how you define "final boss." Certainly I agree that at this point Solrath is the most powerful threat for the heroes to defeat. On the other hand, I think the key component of MLP stories is forgiveness and redemption, not eradicating a foe. The Lunaverse is a bit darker than canon MLP, but it still holds those principles. I've been pretty confident since the Tambalon story that the "final boss" would be the heroes convincing Corona to rule at Luna's side again.

I suppose it's a bit like the S4 Finale. Certainly Tirek was the big main threat there, but in a lot of ways you could argue Discord was the real foe in that episode who was defeated in true MLP fashion, by being put on a path of true friendship and bettering himself with the help of the heroes.

Yeah I guess I meant he will be the strongest enemy they face. But when it comes to redemption my problem with cannon is not that everyone gets redeemed(I personally believe anyone can change) but that it is rarely realistic.

Rant: At least with Discord you can say he never saw others as fully alive and now he does, but Starlight? Diamond Tiara(just blaming it all on the mother when there was no evidence of that in her previous character), even as much as I love Luna and Sunset the way they become good(not their redemption arc, because Sunset's redemption arc in Battle of the Bands is fantastic) is a dues ex machina.

So redeeming Solrathicharnon-Saurivthurgix would be hard because he is so filled with hate, and thinks he's perfect the way he is. Not impossible but it would take alot to convince me of his redemption.

Oh, IDK. If Discord breaks loose, (& I've heard that he's scheduled to) they'll have their problems.
In the show, Discord could have squashed them like a bug. But, no, he had to get cute about it. He couldn't just beat them, he had to have FUN by humiliating them & that let them pull a victory out of their ass.

If this Discord isn't as stupid & greedy, they'll have problems.

7397902 The redemption of villains, rather than just their defeat, is one of the core reasons I became an MLP fan. When I watched the series opener, I thought "this is pretty cool, but I'm not that impressed" until the ending where Celestia offered to let Luna immediately rule at her side. That genuinely surprised me and made me want to see more.

That said, redemption doesn't always make sense for every villain, and Tirek is probably one of the best examples. I brought up Discord and Tirek because I could see Solrath as Tirek, a remorseless foe that needs to be crushed, and Corona as Discord, a powerful foe that may yet be reached, especially if she becomes shocked at the ruthlessness of her own partner's actions.

7397971 Very true. Discord's only real weaknesses have always been complete lack of caution or common sense. I would hope he still has those weaknesses in the Lunaverse, otherwise he's pretty much invincible, and probably not as interesting either (I suppose he could be given other weaknesses to compensate).

Well, *I* have always thought Discord was sort of like The Power Puff Girls problems with Him.
IMO, 2 things would help.
1) He can't hurt them (at least while they're wearing their elements)
2) He can't affect them with magic against their will
(at least, not while they've got their elements).

Applying this to Return of Harmony
1) Arguably, Discording them didn't hurt them. It simply brought different aspects of their personalities into prominence.

People spend years in therapy doing just that. Enlightenment is Good, not harmful!
2) Arguably, by entering the maze they agreed to play Discord's game by his rules.
& Temporarily removing Dash's wings didn't really harm her

Well, *I* have always thought Discord was sort of like The Power Puff Girls problems with Him

Oh shoot, both Him and Discord have key scenes where they are called while taking a bath!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10