The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

We're into November now and Christmas will be here before long so does anyone want to take part in a Christmas / Hearths Warming contest.

For the last two years we've done a secret santa type story so that idea's sort of run out now, although we could do it again for the court characters.

Does anyone else have any ideas for a theme this year?

I've got a few possibilities: -
* Stories bases around the 12 days of Christmas with each story based around one of the days i.e. partridge, drummer, maids, etc.
* Stories based on Christmas carols / songs i.e. frosty the snowman, Rudolph the red nose reindeer, etc

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

What about...based on Straight No Chaser’s version of the 12 days of Christmas?

We could also do stories based on what the L6 got up to on Hearth’s Warming in the year before the series began.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I'm game. I'm might want to do my own separate Hearth's Warming Story. But I'm fresh out of ideas for the moment.

Hmm...you've got more ideas than I currently have, but eh, sure, why not. It might be kind of fun and it would give me a chance to take another stab at writing. I should also mention that it's been a while since I read one of the Lunaverse stories, and I didn't get very far into the series before getting distracted by one of the dozens of other stories I've got on my combined tracking and read later shelves.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

This would be fun. :)

What about...based on Straight No Chaser’s version of the 12 days of Christmas?

What's that?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Let’s call it a version of the song that gets a bit...distracted.

It’s the end that sold me on the song more than anything, given that I’m a huge ‘80’s nerd.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Oh! I've heard that one. Just didn't know who sang it. And yes, the bit with Africa is pretty damned awesome. :D Might be one of the few holiday songs I can tolerate nowadays.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I remember a version where there is a 'reply' to each gift between the verses so it starts with saying thanks for the partridge, the gold rings are nice, etc but then gets more and more irate. The Geese are making a mess everywhere the Lords keeps smashing the place up as they leap around, where are they going to keep all this stuff, etc and ends up with never send me anything ever again I don't want anything to do with you!

Sounds awesome. I don't know what the 12 days is supposed to be, but something Christmas Themed would be fun.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Well the idea I had for the 12 days would be each person writing a story based around one of the 12 days gifts, for example 12 lords a leaping might be about some sort of Night Court sports event which takes place in the run up the Hearth's Warming to raise money for charity, etc.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

After reading the Junglemass post for this year it seems an idea to do something similar in Lunaverse. Each author sets down a maximum of three characters and a single sentence defining the story they want and it gets given to another random author who then has to write a short piece on that topic and so on. Then they all get published around Christmas.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

I do rather like that idea.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

So if anyone is interested in the Lunaverse Jinglemass idea I've floated above can they please PM me before the 1st December.

I will then send out the details of each persons story on the 1st and if everyone could post their stories on Christmas eve noting who the story was requested by.

I lay out the details a bit more the details you should send me is up to three characters you want included in the story and approximately one sentence laying out the story you want i.e. Characters - Luna and Trixie. After having a fight with one of her cousins Trixie doesn't want to spend Heartswarming with her family and decides to stay with Luna instead.

Each story should be at least 1K words but there is no maximum limit. Each story should have some connection to Hearts Warming.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13