The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Rixizu
Group Contributor

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in writing some horror-based Lunaverse stories this year? I realize a month is a bit short notice, but the story doesn't have to come out on Halloween. What do you think?

I have two main ideas:

1: L!Cheerilee is replaced with the Cheerilee from Cheerilee's Garden. Don't worry, I don't plan on making it a gorefest. Instead, I have a more disturbing idea.

2: On Nightmare Night, Dinky accidentally finds herself in the realm of the Flutterponies. They're very welcoming and soon become great friends. Dinky allows herself to become an honorary Flutterpony! This isn't as great as it sounds and the poor filly finds herself in a precarious situation beyond her control.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Both sound like they could be really fun! Well, the second one, anyway. I’ve actually never read Cheerilee’s Garden so I don’t know the context beyond it being Cupcakes-tier gore.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Interesting ideas, the both of them.

Cheerilee snaps and kills the CMC, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Snips, and Snails during the course of a play in really contrived circumstances. For some reason the crowd never catches on, and she gets away with it.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Yeah, it's basically Cupcakes. It also turns Cheerilee into a supervillain that kills foals by overly elaborate means. It's kinda silly. She claims that she wants to root out the useless foals of her class. Getting rid of the weeds of society and all that, but really she just wants to kill people. She kills her entire class in that story. You can't tell me that's necessary!

If I'm going to write Cheerilee as a bad guy, she's going to actually believe the justifications she likes to spew and doesn't do anything without reason. It makes her a more complicated person, and not just some cliche serial killer. I'm going to make her smarter and not just kill people for no reason. She wants to do everything in her power to not get caught. I'm interested in writing a story that avoids stupid serial killer cliches. Like, having a room full of evidence of their murders for example.

Come to think of it Rainbow, didn't you have some ideas about grimdark Lunaverse stories? I recall you posting a few of your ideas a long time ago.

Don't worry, I don't plan on making it a gorefest. Instead, I have a more disturbing idea.

Oh, great.

Dinky allows herself to become an honorary Flutterpony! This isn't as great as it sounds and the poor filly finds herself in a precarious situation beyond her control.

Ah. I'm guessing it's one of those stories of how fairies don't like it when you take their stuff, or when their stuff tries to leave.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Actually, I think I might write both stories I suggested. It sounds like a fun challenge. I've already made some progress on writing the first story. The second one will require some more consideration.

In my mind, Flutterponies are much like fairies. They aren't evil, but they have an alien mindset and you need to be careful when dealing with them. The horror won't come from blood and guts, or even violence, but Dinky finding herself in a situation that's over her head.

There's also a sequel where Twilight figures it out but her friends and Spike are murdered and she gets blamed for it.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I finished the first draft of part of my first horror fic. I'm calling it Cheerilee's Guide to Gardening. If anyone wants to help me edit it, I would appreciate it. Comments would be welcome also. You can read it down below.

Part 1

Rixizu
Group Contributor

The first draft of part 2 is finished. I plan to write a short epilogue after this. Again comments are always welcome. I plan to release the first part of the story the week before Halloween and the second part on the day proper.

Part 2

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I've published the first chapter of Cheerilee's Guide to Gardening. You can find it here. The second story about Dinky is going well, but there are still many details that need to be ironed out. Not sure how long it will take me. Hopefully not long, but by Halloween is super optimistic.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

My second story, Trick-or-Fright is done and I've published it. A little late, but that can't be helped. No way I'd have the patience to wait an entire year to publish to story to you good people.

Story

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12