The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

How do you think Equestria Girls is going to work in the Lunaverse, if it'll even happen?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I've had about a dozen different thoughts on the matter, but the long and short of it is that I don't have a solid grasp on the main reason I'd personally want to write it. If I was going to write a Lunaverse Equestria Girls I'd want it to sort of serve the same purpose that Crisis on Two Equestrias did, that is, as a sort of "second introduction" to the Lunaverse that can allow people to hop in even if they've never read any Lunaverse stuff before. The problem is figuring out how to do that...

I would still want to see a EG Lunaverse happen. ;-;

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

You could try writing it...just saying, this is a shared universe.

According to the second EQ Girls movie, Starswirl sent the Sirens to Earth where they became the Dazzlings
First Eq Girls movie, Sunset came back through the mirror to steal the Element of Magic
Did not watch any of the others

Well if there was a equestria version of lunaverse i see it taking place at crystal prep. With Starlight glimmer being the villain

It seems like for the Lunaverse side Luna's far more careful about casual possible world altering and challenging magical artifacts then Canon Celestia. So I have to imagine the mirror if it exists is under some sort of guard or near impossible to enter place. Not that that isn't an obstacle to overcome but anyone wanting to do the traveling aren't going to walk right through it without getting through some challenge.

The answer is yes obviously. I mean, isn't there already a piece of fan art that exists of The Lunaverse main cast as EG Humans? ^^'

Err.... not sure. ^^'

From what I've seen elsewhere on the site, it may get the "Daring Do Is/Isn't Real" treatment, considering the existence of EG was the original fandom-splitter, preceding "Daring Don't" by having Through The Mirror take place between Seasons 3 and 4.

It tells me that the Lunaverse's policy on it is "we acknowledge its status in Canon, but to avoid driving away readers on either side we refuse to confirm its status in the Lunaverse one way or another" which, while creatively stifling, does make sense.

We do seem to have had that happen in the past.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

EQG isn't off limits. RDD himself has floated a few ideas for it before. So far it's just that no one has a specific interest in writing anything for it, or if you they have, they also had other higher priorities they wanted to write first.

We're open to submissions though.

Following from Brees statement, iirc one of the later, digital, movies highlights natural portals existing on EQG earth that lead to places other then
the mirror. Without the ease of the Crystal Empires mirror (the natural portal is in a cave under Ponyville iirc) Sunset Shimmer would have a distinctly harder time sneaking around unseen. Perhaps she even has to take a hostage to get away?

Since one of the core tenants of the Lunaverse isn't just to mirror canon, but distort it heavily, making Sunset unredeemable could be a way to go. Maybe she's gone "Native" on earth and learnt all the darker, crueler, aspects humanity has to offer.

I would like to see something more unique. Humans or non-humans, doesn't matter, just something new and unfamiliar. Definitely not a high school drama arc. If there is a portal, it should introduce something novel.

Maybe a straight up evil universe? Except with the Lunaverses natural 'shades of grey' approach.

"The Simpsons have already done it." Yes, everyone, in addition to the MLP comics. Or you mean a food for thought version?
Maybe some ancient myths with a twist... Something obscure, or a post-apocalyptic mystery. But just not the same thing all over again would be fine.

Probably more the cliche version, but instead of evil Trixie being a moustache twirling lunatic, she's just a bitter doomer

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16