The Lunaverse 2,568 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 2027 )
  • Viewing 1,751 - 1,800 of 2,027
Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

3987966 Oooh! Yancy in Unova has pink hair like Cheerilee and is more than meets the eyes!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yancy also has a sweet pimpin' hat to boot... you know, like the one Cheerilee gave Spike as an improvised gift, meaning she probably originally intended it for herself.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Here's something pretty cool.

Source

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing it.

GreyGuardPony
Group Contributor

Fan Art! Awesome! We must all heap praise upon this person so that he/she will do more! :pinkiehappy:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4006061 AWESOME! :pinkiehappy:

3988089 No idea who else for Kanto? Maybe the Saffron City Dojo Karate master? I know it's male character but that's the only notable NPC I could think of that could fit Raindrops. I don't think she could be Bill.

Also, I went to the League in Omega Ruby and... I totally got sweeped by Mega Metagross :facehoof: Steven is HARDCORE! And two Pokémon with Sturdy is BRUTAL!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It can often be an interesting thought exercise to consider the practical realities of any given fantasy setting. Though maybe there are certain things we don't want to over think.

--link--

Just remember that what has been read can never be unread. :twilightoops:

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

That very thing is something I intend cover when Max visits cloudsdale, I'm working on the idea that pegasus magic covers all parts of even even when those parts are no longer part of them so such things can be moved and stored in cloud.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

A few days ago I got this message about one of my Amazon book orders and thought it was rather amusing and random:

Order ID 114-3641710-5810634:
1 of Numenera Corebook [ASIN: 1939979005]

------------- Begin message -------------

Hi John,

I live in the DC metro area, and we are currently under a weather warning due to the winter storm, Octavia. I was set to mail the book tomorrow, but unfortunately the mail may not be running at that time and the post office might not be open. I will ship the book as soon as possible, but I wanted to warn you that there may be a delay in its delivery.

Thanks,
Sarah

------------- End message -------------

I find it far more amusing than I should that a storm was named Octavia, and that she has interfered with my mail. :rainbowlaugh:

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

4100793 : This looks like a job for Paperweight and Night Vision! *team of pages deploys to fight through the storm*

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

...No, the original does not make any more sense.

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

4119840 Did the original writers take something before coming up with this comic?:rainbowlaugh:

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4119917 We can only hope.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Just for the sake of completeness, here is the original, plus the page that preceded it.

I'd imagine at least a tankard of booze was ingested before every panel.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4119937 Dang, I know that character... Stardust the Super Wizard or something like that? I think he had an observatory on the sun or something like that.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

That's the one. Stardust the Super Wizard, one of the most blatant God Mode Sues in all of comics.

And it is glorious.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Aaaand I now know what it's like to take acid.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Oh, it gets better...

The whole comic was dreamed up by an angry guy who simply drew up representations of whatever he hated (mostly liberals and communists) and had Stardust the Super-Wizard murder them by the truckload. The guy was unbeatable on levels that Silver Age Superman would consider broken, so the only joy to be had was watching the various ways Stardust found to kill people.

Oh, and then there's this:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Good lord!

It's basically an intended-to-be-serious version of God Man.

vazak
Group Contributor

Those comics are insane.

I am sorry to distract form them, I really am but, Vazak no, Vazak yes.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4120014 4120063 Yeah, he's like Silver-Age Superman meets Queen Majesty from the UK MLP comics taken up to the proverbial eleven and it is insane. In a good way, but still nutsy.

We need to get God-man into the Avengers right away.

Does anyone else have AT&T as their Internet Service Provider? And if yes, have you experienced lag, failures to load the first time, and unreasonably long download times( if not flat out unable to download) since Wednesday(2/25)?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

So am I the only one who sort of wishes this was a real thing.

I have AT&T, and that's pretty much just the way it's always been for me. Some months are better than others, but sevice quality can vary wildly from day-to-day or even hour-to-hour.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

I'd play it, and I don't even like cooking. :twilightsheepish:

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4129783 I don't really play video games and I'd play it.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Just stumbled across this video. Kinda old, so most of you may have seen it already, but it's more than awesome enough to warrant repeat viewings.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4155523 Pretty awesome there!

Fancy Pants fight with his monocle!!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I feel like just posting up a bunch of random comics that have made me smile as of late.

-- Lyra getting mugged, but who could do such a "terrible" thing?
-- Prince's Twilight struggling to adjust to the burdens of fame.
-- The real secret of how Equestria was founded.
-- And while we're at it, more young alicorn hijinks
-- Octavia struggling under the burden of her father's legacy
-- A radically different take on Ditzy.

Well, that last one isn't so much a smile as it is something that just gets me thinking along new and unusual directions... or maybe not entirely new, but certainly in a dynamic that I'd never quite considered.

Also a few pages from an ongoing Lyra comic, though these feature brief little aside featuring some of the foals (1, 2, 3, 4). It's set more or less in the same canon as the show, but I doubly enjoy how the argument over who the coolest pony in town is could almost as easily be set in our own Lunaverse.

Lastly, but more so an oddly personal thing, I just love Willow from the Lunar Isolation reboot. Her profile scarcely does her justice though and she just has to be seen in action.

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but she often reminds me of my own Clover Charms. Part of it might just be the similar color pallets, but I think it's also how they are both unflappable misfit who despite often getting ridiculed by others never really lets it keep them down. The weirdest part though is that I'd decided that Clover's mom was a pegasus long before Willow was introduce, but it's just such a remarkable coincidence, especially with instances like pages #44 & #45. So now, I just can't help but think of them as related. If not mother/daughter, then half-siblings or something.

vazak
Group Contributor

You are no longer alone on that front and I'm not even a cooking games fan!
This I uploaded that one a while back, still so freaking awesome.
Those were fantastic!
Thought I'd add a link of my own.
Also this.
Suits!
And since I've been on a PMMM kick recently, seriously Meow Quest is addictive.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I just got my copy of the Rainbow Rocks DVD and something just hit me neither the cover or the text on the back actually make any reference to Sunset Shimmer at all. Now from what I remember of watching it before she actually felt like the lead protagonist to me, she certainly had a bigger part than say Applejack or Rarity, so why no sign of her at all? I can sort of understand brand recognition that you would want the mane-6 front and centre but why not even have her in the background?

vazak
Group Contributor

That is weird. Maybe they're scared of putting a former villain on the front of something? Or... hmm, what's Sunset's general reputation in the fandom, good bad, ETC? That might also play a part. Or it's just a case of the cover always lies.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Probably the former villain thing. Remember that she was pretty much absent from most of the trailers and other assorted shorts leading up to the movie's release as well. IIRC, she didn't show up until like the last or second to last trailer right before the movie was released, and even that was only a brief bit at the end where she briefly laments her whole "she-demon" phase.

All thing's considered it's actually a little surprising Sunset got any kind of role in the movie at all, let alone such a prominent one. Keep in mind for instance that on the main show Luna was originally intended to be another mentor figure for Twilight alongside Celestia, but basically got cut by the executive mandate. It's not even like that would have required whole episodes or anything, just showing her occasionally standing next to Celestia during some of the friendship letter codas.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Well this site is more or less the only link I have to mlp fandom but it generally seems that Sunset is a fairly popular character, certainly her stock seems to have gone up since Rainbow Rocks, she's characterised well and her redemption seems to be well handled. I don't know how she went down with the target audience though, it might have been considered to be confusing to have the villain appear again on the sequel's DVD.

vazak
Group Contributor

That's more or less what I figured as well so I'm not particularly surprised.
Same with me, I used to check out Equestria Daily but got lazy. Good to know she's had a decent reception here I rather like her now.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I used to check out Equestria Daily but got lazy.

Same here. It used to be my homepage, so it was always the first thing I saw when logging on. Somewhere along the line, however, I switched my FiMfic dashboard feed to my homepage instead and ever since I maybe check EQD once every week or two at best.

It just sort of followed off of me establishing accounts, not only here, on DeviantArt and Youtube as well. As I increasingly followed artists and authors more directly, I just felt less and less need to check the compilation posts on EQD. I do sort of regret that though, as I worry it means I might have fallen into something of a rut where I don't get nearly as much exposure to NEW content creators as I used to. Sure, all of those other sites have various spotlight features that can help recommended similar works based on the thing one already likes, but it's not really quite the same.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

To be honest I've never really followed Equestria Daily or any other part of the fandom, I'm less a fan of mlp than of mlp fan fiction.

vazak
Group Contributor

Similar things have happened to me on fanfiction.net where I rarely employee the, now improved, search system to look for stories and instead rely on recs, sadly sometimes when I go I find this choice vindicated and that is coming from someone who love FF.net.

That's understandable, honestly I find myself in a similar situation.

vazak
Group Contributor
Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

There are a few more original Equestria girls song just up from Habro: -

A nice Sunset based song, she looks great with the fiery wings.

And a Rarity one certainly fits with her special talent being bringing out hidden beauty (Plus Ditzy, Lyra, Bon Bon and I think Cheerilee (It might be Roseluck, or maybe bother) on the cat walk, I'm sure there's a story there)

And finally this one, not so keen really it seems to lack a good theme.

(edit: And all taken down for some reason, I've change the links to a mirror)

Oh, and the April Fool series

Although we might have thought the same about Equestria girls once upon a time.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4233455 Sunset is reborn like a phoenix o.o

These feels like previews to a new movie where Sunset is the full on protagonist now! It's fun to see her happy!

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about her throwing away her jacket as a sign of moving on that thing was sort of an icon for her but when she starts sparkling as the sun rises and then the wings it's a vey nice rebirth for her.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It certainly doesn't help that her new dress doesn't really have much personality to it either. Then again, I sort of feel like a lack of personality is kind of Sunset's problem as character -- she's gone from a rather generic antagonist to an equally generic atoner, all without really delving into WHO she herself is. She certainly got a good moment of awesomeness at the climax of Rainbow Rock when she sang her heart out and got to transform alongside the rest of the M6, but it's still something of a hollow victory for the lack of personal context. I really do want to like Sunset more, I think she's got wonderful potential, but there just isn't as of yet much in the way of any meaningful substance for me to actually latch onto.

On a pure plus though, the animation on her hair at the beginning of that video you posted is just gorgeous.

Likewise, I absolutely love that Rarity song. Seriously that's the kind of thematic character exposition that what we should have gotten back in Rarity Takes Manehattan, especially as it could nicely doubled as a fitting lead in and/or montage to go with the concept of a fashion contest. My favorate line has got to be the fashion is superficial-vs-irrefutable one at around the 0:42 mark as it speaks rather perfectly to the dynamic contrast in her character that is so often mistaken a supposed lack of "generosity".

I LOVE SUNSET SHIMMER SO MUCH

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I agree that Life is a Runway is probably the best descripton of Rarity's worldview in music that there's been so far, it's a bit of a shame it's the Equestria Girls Rarity, not that I've got anything against her but I'm more invested in pony Rarity. Art of the Dress comes a good second but it's more how she changes the world rather than how she see's it. Oddly the Rarity makes Manehatten song seems to fit L-Rarity better given it's about giving a favour and eventually getting one in return.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I don't really distinguish between the HuMane-Five and their equestrian counterparts. Much like Sunset Shimmer they are all just too underdeveloped, and what little has been explored of their characters pretty much paints them as exactly the same kinds of people, just teenaged humans instead of ostensibly adult ponies.

As for L!Rarity, yeah, I could see her singing a variant of "Generosity", though it would need to be adjusted, since the actual song had a much more altruistic slant that wouldn't really suit her blatant favor trading tendencies.

GreyGuardPony
Group Contributor

Whelp....I think I've finally gone mad....

Either that or they're getting ready to fight Galactus' pet bunny.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4241114 This is what happens when you try to genetically modify bunnies so they start clucking like chicken. SEE WHAT YOUR MAD AMBITIONS HAVE WROUGHT, CADBURY!!! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL YOU FOOLS!!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Chrysalis be tripping some major shit. :pinkiecrazy:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1,751 - 1,800 of 2,027