The World of Illogic(He's dead, Jim) 152 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 737 )
  • Viewing 451 - 500 of 737

Taking little mind of their presence, she strode forward as the portal behind her grew.

Giving a screech, one of the Firebirds swooped down to attack. It was the first to fall as a coppery blur struck it. With snapping of jaws, the rest of the dragon squeezed through the enlarged portal. The captured Firebird gave one last screech before the dragon clenched its glowing teeth. The bird shattered like glass as the drake faced the remaining foe.

"Then your pets should at least give Nidhogg a challenge." Echidna mocked.

Leaving the possessed ruler to his task, a cloud of ash billowed from Echidna as she ran towards the volcano. As she ran, three distinct after-images appeared behind her.

I'm surprised you haven't been incinerated by the extreme heat... that will have to change...."

The ground around Echidna began to shake again, but this time, a giant flaming serpent rose out, bearing molten fangs larger than her. It's fiery tongue hissed when it saw Echidna and it leapt over her into a pool of molten lava, revealing how absurdly long it truly was.

With a smirk, blue flames wreathed her figures as runes flared on their forms. Behind her, the sound of reptilian wings told her the first creatures had been dealt with ease.

One forgets... the being they deal with is like none of the mortals you considered a challenge petty flame. Echidna thought as she cackled in glee. Perhaps Fire would be more of a challenge then before.

Dodging drops of liquid fire, she streaked under the serpent's body before it collapsed on the path. She had no time for the weak, she had her prey.

The battle cry of the dragon king resonated through the molten wasteland as he saw the next challenge. His teeth and claws glowed with anticipation seeing the constrictive beast. The scar on his leg, left by the Ursa Major from ages past, itched as he collided with the burning serpent.

"You don't want to fight my minions...? You disgrace them....

The fiery serpent wraps around the beast and squeezes, but is thrown off into the pool of magma.

Such a young monster you are Echidna.... So hungry for power your kind doesn't deserve.... I come from a different plane of universe...., and you think you can absorb my power..... IN MY REALM!!!

The serpent burst from under the white mare and swallowed her up in it's gaping maw. It hissed in triumph but then felt a strange feeling inside....

Yet they are willing to fight as you cower in your hole..., the thought whispered from within the serpent.

Even from his high perch, Fire gave an involuntary shudder as the dread washed over him. Jolting him from the shake, the snake gave an unearthly cry of pain. He noted the dragon retreat slightly before the snake started to bash itself on the ground. The way it writhed in agony seemed impossible. Pain was the one thing his pets never showed but here was one trying to beat itself to death as a blue glow showed in its body.

After a few more minutes of writhing, smoke started to billow from the snake's mouth. Atop the volcano he could smell the putrid scent of burning reptile flesh before the smoke reached him.

"This puppet is quite stubborn.... I have faced many others like her.... yet... why am I trembling at this worm's voice?!? .............RELEASE HER!"

The serpent spat out Echidna, her flesh smoking from being inside.

"I will humor you, worm...." Then volcano then erupted and the stream of lava soared through the air to where Echidna stood. It splashed on the ground and with it, the Fire Alicorn. It stood before her in it's magma rock armored form, it's molten teeth dripping lava and it's red eyes burned like the sun.

"...but not for long" she answered with disdain.

The smoke around her crystallized in the blue flame as the snake finally collapsed. The creature's glow slowly died as Echidna lunged forward, her flames burning bright. Each step created a crack in the landscape before her coated hoof struck.

Behind her the snake's flame had vanished as a charred skeleton remained.

Narrowly dodging the swift blow, a scratch on his armor turned to rock as he started to counter. Even as his hoof descended, he noticed her grin as her fore-hoof connected with the ground below him.

"Your flames are weak....I will enjoy destroying you...." Cracks began to form in the ground and streams of fire and geysers of lava erupted around the white shell.

"Lets see how you handle this...." The streams the all homed in on Echidna and blasted her away, only for he to create a platform of her own flame to land on.

"Quick enough to defend it seems...", Echidna said, noting the third degrees on her side. "... But still too simple-minded for battle."

Seeing the mare's glance at his hooves, he looked down in time to see a rune between them. From it a high pressure burst of chilling flame flared like a spear as he lessened the damage by flying up. The breast plate of his armor no longer flexed having returned to stone from the cold. Having lost sight of his opponent, he felt something wrap around the base of his wings as the armor on his back started to freeze.

"Left or Right?" she questioned, sounding like a filly asking for a kitten.

Your arrogance annoys me sub-creature...." The Fire Alicorn's flaming wings then shot out dozens of streams send Echidna flying off, only to do the same as earlier.

"But I must admit... you are the first real challenge I've had from a single opponent...." The fiery being then began to open it's mouth wide as a flaming ball began to grow inside. It grew larger and lager until it was the same size as Echidna.

"TIME TO END THIS!!" The fiery sphere then shot out and flew at Echidna at impossible speed, hitting her and launching her far into the distance, and strait into the maw of the volcano.

Seeing his foe fall into the volcano's gaping maw, Fire glared at the dragon that stood patiently to the side.

"Your master's defeated... return my property!" he commanded the golden drake.

Giving a nonchalant huff, the beast bared its teeth in a grin. From the volcano the sound of cracking stones and high pitched whine was heard. A second later half of the volcano exploded into rubble. Fire whipped his head around as the source of his power was disfigured so easily. Standing in the stone dust was the biped, one arm raised, still covered with her unearthly fire.

"Knit..." she growled in anger. From the scars of her body an uncountable number of tendrils burst forth, tearing through the lava floes and rock without stopping. It was obvious who they were aimed at as Fire summoned flames and lava to try halting the assault.

The fiery being strained to block every tendril that homed on him, becoming more enraged as it went on.

"Grrrrrhhhh.... How is this even possible?! The Vatreni Razarac, held off by a worthless spawn! What is this spawn that manages to live through everything I send at here?! I will.. NOT! BE! DEFEATED!!"

A dome of molten rock then surrounded the Fire Alicorn, and the chaotic landscape became still....

"You are not he first of your kind to fight me. And your the best kind of opponent." Echidna mocked with a hoof to her forehead. Leaning backwards, she cackled in delight as she took in the surroundings. The land had quieted and her tendrils continued their progress, moving slowly so her prey understood the futility of his position.

a rune flared by her hindleg as a piece of obsidian tore from the decimated volcano and landed at her side. Raising her hoof, she tore a shard from it before going over various formuli and calculations in her mind.

"I must commend you... for being the strongest opponent I've had in a long.... long time...."

The molten dome began to glow with searing flames as intense as the sun.

"But you must soon realize..... THAT YOU FIGHT A GOD!"

The dome exploded in a fiery wave that incinerated the tendrils instantly, and Echidna had to close her eyes because of the fierce light.

When she opened them, she saw the Fiery being... but with a humanoid body where his head should be. It then stretched out its new arms which were clothed in molten rock, as was his chest. It thick, black smoke mane became hair on the on its new head and its eyes opened to reveal new burning eyes, similar to reptiles.

"You have forced my hand....Hehehe.. Hehehe.. HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!"

"If only..." she mused before her arm swung in a blur.

Atop the golem of molten rock, his laughter turned to a choking fit as the shard of obsidian pierced his throat.

"Perhaps becoming smaller would've been better." she said, tearing another jagged chunk from the obsidian and leaping into the air.

Powerful winds swirled beneath her as she darted to Fire's eye level. By then the spells were in place and the makeshift spear glowed with strange light.

Smoke bled from where he had been stabbed, and he turned to the white mare. As he saw the glowing light, the Vatreni Razarac realized the futility of his situation and the golem fell apart.

All that remained was a small wisp of flame, which then darted off to the portal like a rocket.

Behind the departing wisp, Echidna's spear remained embedded in his body. The obsidian grew brighter as the body and abandoned strength were sucked inside. Before the wisp darted through the portal he noticed her ping the volcanic crystal before saying, "let's see if that foalish mare's body can harbor a pseudo-god."

Grasping the glowing spear, she turned as a separate portal opened, allowing her and her servant to depart the dead wasteland.

"How cold I have been so careless!?" The Flame darted past the corpses of its 'pets', though a more accurate term would be 'forms' that it had taken in its lust for wanton destruction.

"This...Echida....has insulted my very being!" It then passed through the alternate portal, and expected resistance, but nothing was guarding the chained Pyre...

"Hmm... she expected this.... what is this creature...?"

Sensing something amiss, the wisp darted into the mare's glowing mane. Looking through the concealing hair, he noticed a shadow slowly appearing by the cell door.

The shadow seemed to deepen as a glowing set of eyes appeared within it. Rearing to it's full height, the shadowy being glanced around. With no expression it was difficult to tell if it'd sensed something or if it was simply being cautious. Not noticing the added glow in Pyre's mane, the shadowy stallion eyes seemed to flicker as it go closer to the mare.

Fire tensed as he noticed part of the shadow slowly reach for his host's mane.

Pyre's mane flared as the Flame's body appeared from it and threw streams of fire at the shadows, which began to creep away.

"...........Sometimes I wonder if you're worth all this trouble....." The Fiery Being spat as he looked at his unconscious tether to reality. "It appears that this being has leaned how to hurt us...., and is now wanting to finish me..."

Another shadow leapt out, but was incinerated instantly by a single glare from the Fire. The chains holding the tortured mare melted off and her form fell to the floor.

"I won't be taking another risk....." Pyre's body then dissipated into embers, as the Fire sent her away.

The shadow's eyes, returning to their previous green and red, glared at the intense light that allowed him no hold.

"Return her to usss. I--the massster hass need of her..." Sombra hissed, finally becoming recognizable in the light.

"And you think I'd allow you to destroy my vessel...?" Flames grew around the Fiery Being and he began to resume his Fire Alicorn form.

"You must have the simplicity of a slug to think I'd allow that!!"

Sombra started to retort before the sound of hoof steps were heard in the hall. Shifting his gaze between the flaming being and the door, his eyes flickered as inner turmoil showed on his face. Without a word, his shadows grew as they created a dense barrier between Fire and the doorway.

Smirking at the weak attempt to block him, Fire created a fireball atop his horn. Preparing to launch it, he paused as he heard the creak of the door followed by a familiar voice.

"What is this Sombra? Where is that little whorse?" he heard Echidna demand in anger.

"She still healsss massster. The threadsss work quicker in the dark." he heard Sombra say, remembering the stitches in Pyre's muzzle.

"Tell me when she heals, you cur. I want to enjoy her emotions as her body is torn apart by that foal's power." she said in sadistic glee.

Apparently there was more at work then Fire had initially believed. Fire's anger slowly turned to glee as he recognized the treason in Sombra's words.

"Hmm... perhaps the slug is outwitting the bird...." The Fire Alicorn turn to the white spawn, "You will never find her again.... and as long as she lives.... you cannot destroy me..."

Completely uncaring or unaware, the mare left the cell. All that remained in the room were the two flickering figures.

"Ssshe can and will...", Sombra said as his body flickered from Fire's light. "...now give me the warmth."

"Your lack of faith is insulting..." The Fiery Alicorn creates three separate wisps of flame that warmed up and revealed mush of the area, and Echidna's other 'playthings'....

"Hmm.... Your mistress has a fine hobby it seems.... HA!" The Flaming Alicorn flew up to the dark blue Alicorn chained up. "So it seems you have one of those two princesses here..... How wonderful..." It said as it stroked Luna's mane with it's flaming hoof.

The instant his hoof contacted with Luna's mane, the unconscious alicorn was wreathed in glowing symbols. It happened so fast that Fire hardly noticed the missing limb before the runes died down.

"Protected by...the...", Sombra continued to flicker sporadically as he tried to remember. Giving up on the lost knowledge he answered with another explanation. "Echidna we-- Massster weakensss the protection."

"I see..... " The Fiery Alicorn continued to stare at the chained alicorn. "This is not the same Princess of the Night I fought...must be the parallel realm theory..."

The Flaming Alicorn moved away from Luna and looked at corpses hanging from chains, only for the eyeless corpse to wail and scream, but couldn't because of I it's lack of teeth and a tongue.

"....... Why does this Echidna even want my Pyre? Does she feed off torment? She seems to have enough here..."

"She isss broken and hasss abilitiesss." he hissed before a violent tremor went through Sombra's shadowy form.

His eyes returned to glowing, green and red, orbs before glaring at Fire. Shadows on the wall slowly dripped to the floor as the aura around Sombra shifted. Flowing like liquids, they slide down the chained ponies and fell in puddles on the floor.

"Return the sssacrifice." Sombra said in an even tone as black tendrils of shadow grew from the puddles.

"Sacrifice...?"

The shadow tendrils rose from the ooze of darkness and swirled in the air.

"Massster shall feed and soon...", the corrupt king said reverently, "...massster shall be free of the seal."

As he spoke, the tendrils whipped forward. They flew forward from both sides, like the jaws of a beast, as the debris beneath Fire was pushed upwards by spears of concealed shadow.

(Why don't you want to go on an adventure in the RP Illogic? Is Samaru that scary or something?)

(No..., it's more that you seem to be taking control...) :applejackunsure:

"Hehe..Hahaha! You plan to sacrifice me to free that demon?! You doubt my abilities..." The Flaming Alicorn turned into a fire wisp and dispersed itself, avoiding the spikes and reforming back on the ground.

"Surely you can do better..."

(Ah... I've been RPing as Echidna too long. I try to make her seem controlling and my goal is to make people hate her. Anyway we can fix that? With the RP slowly dying, I was trying to inject an 'arc' that people could join.)

Sombra's form flickered angrily as he continued to create spears of shadow. Using the debris to protect the shadows would've worked on the light... If only it didn't burn away before the tendril hit. It was obvious each attempt was bound to fail as the shadows dispersed when they were near the harsh light. Had it not been banned in the dungeon, he'd have destroyed this source of light with the first strike.

(I think that's the thing... Illogic doesn't need an arc, why? Potatoes! See?)

"Oh.... you truly have become pathetic...." The Fiery Alicorn releases a burst of flame that surround the deformed king.

"You and your master, the white demon, don't seem to realize.... I am the VATRENI RAZARAC! THE FIERY DESTROYER! THE INCINERATOR OF WORLDS!!" The flames slowly move closer and grow fiercer and brighter...

(Thanks for the NaughtSaught logic.)

As Fire grew brighter, his opponent grew darker. Staring each other down the room took on a grim appearance. Gathered above the chained ponies and in the corners were shadows of the darkest black as the alicorn shone vibrantly. Glancing to the side, Sombra smirked before looking back at Fire.

"Your flamesss lack the power to kill me," he said with a tilted smile.

Moving slightly forward, Sombra gave a cocksure laugh.

(Illogic you mean...)

The Flaming Alicorn laughed, a noise not dissimilar to a roaring flame burning through a forrest.

"Your overconfidence is amusing when considering what a slug you are to that demon!"

The fires grew fiercer as they imprisoned the disgraced king of darkness.

"And I have no intention of killing you.... now..." The Fiery Alicorn walked over to the imprisoned king, "I wish to.... talk.....if you don't...." The Fire Alicorn turned to one of the chained prisoners and incinerated the tortured soul in a flash of flames, freeing the wretched pony from Echidna's torture, "Your master loses more of its toys..."

"I ssshall play your little game, but you've already lossst!" Sombra hissed with a chuckle.

Somewhere in a dark cave, Pyre stirred to life and her fiery mane flickered with light in the darkness.

"Where...? How...? Ugh... my head..." She felt the spot Echidna pushed her hoof down and remembered what had happened.

"How did I escape? Well.., better not make that big a deal out of it..." She proceeded to walk out of the cave and into the bright light of day...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First.... you can tell me what your demonic master wants with me.... then, why...or is that too hard for a worm like yourself....?" The Fiery Alicorn floated around Sombra's flaming prison.

"You ssshall become her fodder. After she has absssorbed enough disharmony and power, war shall once again ravage this world. " he answered gleefully. "Ssshe will have the world as her plaything, with none to ssstop her control and disorder!'

"......Haha... Haha... HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT YOUR 'MASTER' WILL TO CONTROL EVERYTHING?!" The Flaming Alicorn scoffed.

"You said the white demon will control all with disorder, meaning that your master is a hypocrite."

"Ssshe is fickle." Sombra responded, his eyes still gleaming with triumph and reflecting the flickering flames.

The Fiery Alicorn notices how sure Sombra was in his mistress' victory and flared wildly, "Your idiocy has ceased to amuse me! I have watched this universe closely in my possession of Pyre, and I know full well of your failures in reclaiming your empire, yet you grovel to such an inferior being? Such a shameful existence...."
------------------------------
Pyre winced from the bright light reflected off the snow, in the mountains she's been teleported to.

"Where am I...?" The snow melted around her hoofs with every step she took.

(Illogic RP...?)

"I did no sssuch thing!" Sombra growled in response as his body seemed to flicker again. There was a moment of tumultuous emotions before he glared back at Fire with his smug grin.

"She obviously altered your memory...."

"Sssuch liesss you spew, little flame." Sombra mocked as he shifted his gaze quickly to the left, towards Luna.

There was no noises to signal a change in concioussness or attack, but something in Sombra's gaze seemed too suspicious

The Flaming Alicorn noticed and looked the same way, "I must admit... a most impressive prisoner..."
--------------------------
Pyre roamed the white mountains deep in the north. She was in the Crystal Spires: the highest and coldest place in Equestria.

"I hate this place.... so cold...."

"Then let it be." Sombra said with resolution before two of the ponies on the other side had their shackles cut.

They gave a pained cry as they feel to their broken legs. Their cries increased as the shadows behind them propelled them towards the burning creature, their flesh bubbling in the heat. By the time they were near the flaming alicorn, one no longer screamed as the other simply hissed in a silent scream. Only a short distance from the fiery being, shadowy spears branched from their bodies. Even with the bright light, these tendrils seemed .

Turning to confront the tendrils, an ominous clinking was heard behind Fire before intense pain radiated from his side.

"Ssshe can be a weapon asss well." Sombra commented as Fire moved away from the rune covered Luna. The shackles on her limbs clinked as shadowy tendrils tried to swing the unconscious alicorn further.

• Viewing 451 - 500 of 737