The World of Illogic(He's dead, Jim) 152 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
The Psychopath
Group Admin

This thread is for those who want to post their characters, the backstory they have, and, if they have it, the "art" of said character. This is to help you from forgetting about them and to allow others to see what kind of imagination you have. The characters here ARE NOT for taking, unless you specifically place: (Can be borrowed for stories. Contact author for permission). If you have specific locations that you thought up, you can place them here too.

I especially LOVE alternate universe counter-parts and locations in worlds, so that would be especially interesting. The same rule about borrowing is apllied to locations and AUs(alternate universe) as well.You can also add how things work in your world. There are no limits!

Rai

Rai and Rhoda were in a hostage situation when they were young. the two of them were tied togethor and kidnapped. they were close ever since

when they were in Lunas collage for exceptionally gifted unicorn, the professor was experimenting some new magic in a class. There was a flash of light and suddenly, Rai was a bird and Rhoda had stopped aging. And all the others in the room, even the professor disappeared. that was one thousand and six years ago
they were both also Lunas personal students
From Lightning Strikes Twice
(Can be borrowed for stories. Contact author for permission)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

405467 That's how Luna was supposed to look during the grand galopping gala.:ajbemused:

Question
Any character or do they need that illogic factor in their design?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406216 Any character.

Imma make this easy to read.

Names: Tenbrion and Hikari
Species: Light and Darkness
Description:
Tenbrion, Ghost like, entirely black except his eyes which are white. He has no legs but floats, he has two long arms and the hands each have three fingers on them. He has two metal shoulder pads. Below where his hip should looks like tattered cloth.

Hikari, a pure white 'alicorn', entire body is white and no cutie mark. Her eyes are golden, no pupils. She is about as tall as a grown man's kneecap. Faint light comes off her.

Abilities:
Tenbrion, morphing shape, fadeing in and out of the shadows. Immunity from all physical attacks.Cant die form age.
Weakness: Light

Hikari, A lot of magic, able to bend light and shape it, can fade in and out of light. Immunity to all physical attacks. Cant die from age.
Weakness: Darkness.

Personalities:
Tenbrion: Arrogent, violent and evil. He does not care for life at the least. He is a self proclaimed god and forces those he can to worship him.

Hikari: Extremely protective of life, emotionless, technical and straight to the point.

Backstory:
Hikari and Tenbrion were not born but instead created. Long ago Tenbrion and Hikari were a single pony named Equal Scale. After his village was attacked but D-Dogs he vowed to save those stolen from him. He casted a ritual meant to create a new pure being to make himself stronger. The spell backfired since he modified it to change a existing being into a pure entity. The ritual split him in half, his dark amibtions and darkness went into Tenbrion and his hopes and light into Hikari.

If you want more info just read my fic Chp 18 and 19 for both of them.
If you would like to use do one of the three, or two of three or all three.
1.Ask permission
2.Give me credit for the characters
3. Draw some art of them...(Dont judge me)

Illogical version: Potatos monkey and a flying trout that can grant wishes grabbed some pizza and turned it into them and gave them magical powers via lucky charms.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406606:coolphoto: Zat iz some complex creation. Und potatoe monkey? Zis is too complicated vor me!

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406684I'm hoping to see it here.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406691What is this post for?:ajsmug:

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406694 I can add that too, but only if it's linked to your world.

Alrighty here it goes!

Characters:
Loki, norse god of tricksters and a all around jerk. He will always find a loophole or some incredibly ridiculous manner to bend the rules to his will. If he is not allowed to go to a certain world then he simply pulls who he wants out of the world or talks to them in the dream world. He loves to trick people wether helpful or not.

Fenrir, son of Loki. He is kinda like a honorable barbarian. He is vicious and merciless when in combat yet always keeps a air of knightlyness. He is a wolf, size depends really, he can be as big as a normal wolf or as big as mount everest. He would rather die then be betrayed.

Voids, a nasty species of shade. They only survive in areas of great evil, they are a representation of the evil in the land it self. Voids are rare and usually your lucky or unlucky enough to see one in your lifetime. They create illusions to distract their prey while they slowly drain all life energy. No known weakness due to them being connected to the land.

Brother Black is a crime syndicate lead by three brothers, Black Sun ,Black Soil and Black Cloud. The group is a single celled operation running multiple jobs at the same time. The brother personally decide who had what job and when.

Twitch is a child changeling little over 8 years old. He was abandoned due to a rare birth defect that occurs in changelings which stops their ability to connect to the hivemind. He was raised and taught by the changelings but was soon cast away by the queen saying he was too much of a individual. Twitch now wonders around with a compass always on his neck.

What if its a collabed world?
Like my magic theory is for a group called Chess Game of the Gods, would that count as my world?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

406699 It only counts if it's a portion you created yourself. If it's part of a collab world, then specify which one.

Well I created the theory of magic by myself and the group agreed on it so I guess its my part...
then by that logic or illogic the shape of the world is also my portion meh whatever
Here is my wonderous theory of magic:

Magic is a field constantly surrounding us, magic is most concentrated at leylines where most magic flows through, the ambient magic that constantly surrounds us is the run off of the leylines. The closer to a leyline the stronger the usage of magic becomes. Creatures born with a link to the leyline are more magical than others who aren’t.

*ex: Donkeys have magic even if they can’t use the magic.

Every object in the world can hold magic in its pure form. However, gems, dragon scales, and various other objects can hold a bigger and stronger charge. The capacity of an item is measured in thaum. Thaum is a unit of measurement that comes from seeing how long an object (when fully charged) can power a basic light spell. Thaum = minutes spell lasted. Spells are harder to measure so they remain in their separate classes of how advanced they are.

Illogical way: Imps do it all

I'm always thinking up characters and ideas, so I think I will like this place.

Kronodoc: From my story 'Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis, and the Mysterious Ticking Noise.' He is a Sea-Dragon, which basically means he is a crocodile of massive proportions. In an unknown incident that occurred long ago, he swallowed an alarm clock that continues to tick to his day. He never speaks, and while intelligent, behaves like a normal crocodile with the exception of pursuing things he finds palatable over great distances. This is his theme song.

Grimm: A character I've yet to find a use for. I got the inspiration for him from the G1 villain Grogar. Anyway, Grimm is an ancient goat from Equestria's early days, and is a powerful sorcerer whose magic frightened even Discord. As his name suggests, most of his magic is in some way connected to Grimm's Fairy Tales, as well as to other European folk tales. He is, unfortunately, as violent and dangerous as the original Grimm's tales. He is the keeper of the Book Of Tales, which is a massive tome that magically contains an impossible number of stories.

The Pooka: A creature from Celtic folklore that I incorporated in MLP. I've yet to create a successful story featuring him. He can be horrendously mischievous, and devastatingly promiscuous, but is basically benevolent. Because of his Celtic origins, I write him as having a Scottish accent and using Scottish words. Though there are Scottish tales of the Pooka, he is mostly an Irish entity. I simply use the Scottish accent because I don't know how to write an Irish one.

The Pooka is a spirit of nature, as well as a fertility figure, which is why I equate him as the Pony version of Pan. In appearance he resembles a thin, black-furred, golden-eyed stallion with the horns, hooves, and beard of a goat. The Pooka is a shape-shifter, but will always retain his black coloring and golden eyes in all of his forms. He predates Celestia and Luna, and has probably been around as long as nature has. He is a trickster, and was known for playing frightening pranks on any who traveled at night, or on those who offended him.

He also had a connection with agriculture, and all crops that remained in the field after October 31st belonged to him. Nightmare Night was originally a festival that was celebrated in his honor. The following day, November 1st, was the only day he could be approached safely. On this day he would give prophecies of things yet to come, which made him incredibly useful to Equestrians.

However, Equestria became increasingly tame and civilized after Celestia and Luna came into power, which the Pooka found to be boring and retreated into the wilderness beyond its borders. He has not been seen since.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

432437>>433387 I didn't even notice these because I've been doing things IRL. Overdone, you are very creepy.

Thank you. :pinkiecrazy: In honor of your reply, I think I shall put some more characters up.

Coffinbone: He was once a zebra sorcerer from the bayous of Big Easy. (New Orleans of Equestria.) He grew up in a town that, similar to most of Equestria, predominately believed that females were more adept at magic, be it unicorn magic or zebra potions. Because of this, he grew jealous and bitter, feeling that his talents were unappreciated. So, he went around collecting the nastiest curses, hexes, and spells, writing them down in a book and committing them all to memory. In doing so he became the most feared spell-caster of the south. Even in death he is feared, as upon dying he became a powerful spirit, capable of using his magic from beyond the grave. As for his book of evil magic, it remains hidden in his tombstone, and it is said that Coffinbone himself will ensure any spell cast from it will be fulfilled.

Inspiration for Coffinbone came from Baron Samedi, a Vodou Loa (Spirit) of the dead. His name comes from a small bone in a horse's hoof.

Captain Taffy: An old earth pony who captains an old sailing ship known as the Wandering Needle. He has a white beard, brown fur, blue eyes, and wears a tricorn. His cutie-mark is in the form of a compass, and he speaks with a piratical dialect. While he has pirate ancestry, he is predominantly a trader, and uses money from his hauls to keep his ship in shape. (It's on its last leg, and is not as seaworthy as it used to be.) He is generally agreeable and gets along well with others, but takes pride in getting cargo in on time and will resort to questionable measures to ensure its arrival.

His Crew:

Urchin (First Mate): A spiky-maned, orange earth pony who is constantly in trouble with the law, is wanted in several port towns. Taffy overlooks his untrustworthiness enough for him to have earned the position of first mate.

Caesar (Third Mate): A zebra from Hoofrica. Intelligent and usually silent, he is fully aware of Urchin's thieving nature and works behind the scenes to keep him from landing the crew in trouble.

Cook (Cook): A small, brown earth pony. Nopony knows his real name as he has never said an intelligible thing in his employment, but while he is considered insane, he somehow manages to fulfill his duties.

The inspiration for Taffy and his crew came from this song.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

439901 Pirates? Interesting.

Oh, that's not the half of it.

I had an idea for a distant ancestor of Pinkie Pie, the dreaded pirate Crusty Pie, who plundered trading ships in search of the finest candy in existence, lusting particularly after Licorice. And then this happened to him. Yeah, I know, not very original, but I find it fitting. It's also a FAUSTCEPTION.

EDIT: I've finished The Pyropath and as soon as it passes moderation, I'll add it to the stories here. I do truly hope you all will enjoy it. Seriously, I lost my left hand to this pre-carpal tunnel problem. I'm in pain. Nonetheless, when I post it, please enjoy, and do not hesitate to give me criticism!

Candelle/Pyre: A mare who is constantly tormented by her past and believes that burning everything else will be the only way to be happy.
As a filly, Candelle was desperate for her cutie mark and one day, she accidently struck two rocks together and sparked a little fire. She watched it and as she did, she noticed that the flame moved as she wanted it to. She was exillerated and started to move it everywhere, even into her hometown... Before she realized what she'd done the whole town was ablaze, yet she was untouched by the flames. She ran to her house only to find her parents and little sister burning outside it. She then fainted and the fire engulf her. When she awoke, she found her body to be dark gray like , and charcoal and her hair fiery orange and yellow, and most disturbingly... her cutie mark: a burning flame. She then spent the last 14 years being psychologically tortured in a secret facillity, waiting to reemerge....

(Wanted to add it here too :twilightsheepish:)

I've been playing around with this character for a few days now, and have been trying to find a scenario for a story which best fits him.

Name: Atticus Whimsy

Description: 'There stood a willowy stallion, a pearly grin upon his face. His fur was chestnut brown in color, and it seemed to shine like polished wood. He was clad in a magnificent, vivid, red coat, adorned with shimmering gold trim that formed twining patterns around the brass buttons. Upon his head was a large top-hat, with a pattern of red and white diamonds on its ribbon. Bits of a dull-red mane peeked out from beneath its brim.'

Personality: Atticus is a curious, wide-eyed, and highly eccentric individual. To most it would seem he is like a child, constantly jumping from one subject to the next, always looking for amusement. Amusement, it would seem, is what he is all about. He finds it in the old and the odd, and is utterly fascinated by old machines such as carousels and mechanical-music-makers. Music is a passion of his, and he enjoys listening to waltzes played on calliopes.

The real story: Atticus is not exactly a regular pony. You see, he comes from a pocket dimension that he is the sole inhabitant of. This world, the name of which he can never decide upon, is an endless series of rooms, some as small as a closet, others as large as a gymnasium. Within these rooms are things he collects and builds. They range from carousels and music-makers to old farming machines, made fanciful and decorated, shelves of bottles, calliope organs, statues, exotic art, pianos, puppets, almost anything you can imagine. Though they are well-taken care of and look like new, they are all old.

Atticus himself is an extension of this place. What it is and what it stands for is something he has yet to fully figure out. He sometimes guesses that it's nostalgia--It does hold a certain charm over everyone, as it has something they can relate to their childhoods. The realm is also connected to his moods--because he is usually in a good demeanor, everything is well-kept and tidy, and everything runs smoothly. But when he is sad, the age of everything begins to show, becoming rusted and degraded.

Inspiration for Atticus came from a variety of things, namely Carousel Horses and old artistic machines such as calliopes and organ grinders. The House on the Rock also had strong influence on his creation.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

659642 Why is it only now that I noticed this?

I dunno...

Here's a picture I drew of him. As you can see, I went and actually made him so that he's like one of the machines he collects--Partially made of wood, with bits of machinery scattered about.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

692740 Oo. Steampunky.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26