The World of Illogic(He's dead, Jim) 152 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
The Psychopath
Group Admin

And I'll go through with it this time. When a shack is beyond repair, you destroy it. You don't leave it like a growing wart.

That's sad. I never realized that this group didn't seem to do anything until now. That's how much I see, huh?

4617882 Maybe I could try and bring the gang back together, eh Sherlock? I'd hate to see this o'l place be torn down, especially when I just got here. Maybe if we do the square root of zero, divide it by three and grab everyone's tails maybe, just maybe, we can bring this o'l place back, eh Watson?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4617950 They've pretty much all disappeared from fimfic, but if you want to try, then I wouldn't be against it.

4618040 How long would you say I have before this whole place get shut down?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618079 Usually, I'd say 24 hours, but seeing as you seem quite intent on trying to keep it alive, it all depends on my patience. I left this thing up for months last time, so I'd say you have time.

$#!% I'm not done yet!

4617950 Okay, how do we keep this place alive!?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618273 ...Get new people to join and proclaim themselves. I'll need a new admin for the little contests I wanted to do since Samaru is no longer active in the same way as before.

4618282 I'm wondering if a good way to manage that is to format the "description" to a higher point, so that people don't need to search to find what this place is even about.
What kind of ways have you tried getting this group out to public knowledge? You said posting in a "group sharing" group but like you said, that was useless.
Also, what sort of contests? I'd offer myself depending on a few things. :\

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618331 Shameless self promotion, I want a comment, and another group I'm unaware of. I also tried using my blogs, but no one cares about my blogs.

Well, I've never done them before, so Samaru and I thought that the best way was to promote the most successful stories on the front page then transfer them to an archive post here. It was just for fun, really.

4618340 Yeah, blogs are very niche to those within ones group; have you tried doing what you did with me, randomly leaving vague comments to draw someone into looking at you?

So the plan was to leave a prompt and then blog about those that did it? Maybe if you made prompts similar to the group, "Create a character that's slightly insane and have them interact in the world of mlp" it'd garner more attention? I tried my hand at that and went nowhere (And I'm still working on a new one that I plan on throwing in here when it is ready) but maybe a major but loosely defined prompt will bring someone out?

I do want to point out that this group is passively leaning towards one having to know about the world of illogic and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it could deter others who don't quite understand how expansive it really is.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618392 I did think of that. I'm reforming the group description and thinking about making a run-down group post here.

4618407 Maybe a master post of what's to expect wouldn't be unwelcome?

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618420 Hmmm. Any tips?

4618425 Well, it'd probably be a rehash of what's in the group description but you could probably go into more detail. First, mention that this group aims to bring in stories containing insane characters or an insane world, give examples :American Mcgee's Alice in Wonderland would feel welcome here just as much as Disney's Alice in Wonderland. give a few pictures of a world of insanity or characters who are insane; range it a bit so no one feels like they're too off from the norm.
I'd say to give a general prompt to allow a new person to aim for something akin to insanity like that "Make an insane character interact in mlp" prompt I threw out: just something to spur them on.

The thing is, you're trying to bring in people; no matter what, so as to make the group bigger. Consider the description as an ad; try to draw the person in to buying your "product"

I hopped around a little in this comment but there's a general gist. Try to make people want to live here, not just come visit.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618461 I'll thinklabout an appropriate post.

4618537 Aye, after I return from work, I'll answer any more questions you have as well as try to get word out abojt the group and later copy the entire rp post; I still want to keep that thing somewhere.

4618537 Hey, so if somebody wanted to help keep this place going, then could they write a new story for the group to add to help start things out (if you know what I mean? Because I'm having a hard time explaining it.)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

4618795 Of course they can! That's what this group is for.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20