The World of Illogic(He's dead, Jim) 152 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 464 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 464
The Psychopath
Group Admin

1116516 (That's how we percieve it to act and react. Don't forget that seeing isn't always believing. :trollestia:)

(Like how you keep assuming Echidna is some sort a master of the undead. Similar to your concept of the Nothing, Echidna is something intangible, but able to affect the world around her. You keep trying to affect her like a living breathing opponent, but she is a warped beast of creation and destruction, the hunter. You constantly assert that her power is something easily absorbed, but she plays with prey until she can harvest them at their prime; testing each method until she is no longer amused.)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1121824 (Hm. You also like to assume that the powers from the World of Insanity and Illogic are things that can be copied and absorbed as well, when they cannot without being a member of those two worlds)

(To be fair, you mentioned that becoming a herald boosts natural abilities, something Echidna harnesses for her own. Also, I don't think you understood that what Echidna did earlier, when Sociopath's militia member's vanished, was to signify a severing of the connections to their world. Many of the abilities just ended up being similar, causing confusion.

You had thought the tradegies were dead creatures that wanted to upsurp death, but they only wanted to feed on the flesh of a damned pony/death. When Bones took them from their realm of fantasy, it was equivalent to becoming Pandora's box.)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1127859 (I don't get it. Also, those militia members were creations of Sociopath. They weren't real spirits)

(And you think that the Nothing is a difficult concept to show, although it is fun trying to poke holes in the logic:trollestia:. We're talking about introducing a realm of morbid beasts and dark fantasy unlike any you could imagine.

The tragedies are the warped sins of the land; from mistrust of another beings word, to murdering another in cold blood.

As you said, they were creations, meaning that if severed from their creator they will vanish against their will.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1133025 (Yes, which is why I stuck with that scenario of the militia dissappearing)

(Which was grand, but Bones continued to connect with the world of Insanity after being cut-off, although it did make for an interesting development. About him becoming a Pandora's box, if that is the difficult to understand part, here is a link if unfamiliar.

Returning to the comment about Echidna using Insanity or Illogic driven powers, she only gained access to them after some prerequisites. The first was that she received flesh from a herald, meaning the worlds would recognize that part of her. The second was that the herald had a recognizable ability boosted by their worlds. She couldn't handle the Illogic because it acted akin to the element of laughter and forced her to feel happiness from non-violence. )

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1142611 (While I like your ideas, flesh does not make you akin to a world. It's the soul of a person that becomes attached to it. The worlds are sentient, in a manner of speaking. The World of Insanity still saw Echidna as one of theirs because she was challenging a herald. Don't forget that the World of Insanity is a place of darkness and evil. It could care less if a herald is defeated. However, no matter the being, it will kick it out of the world with what the being percieves as pain, Echidna's being joy and laughter.

As for the World of Illogic, it may seem random and idiotic, but it is far from stupid. The worlds don't TAKE the souls, they only "mark" them to recognize who the person is. This is how the Illogic and Insanity recognize eachother without being able to see the members directly)

(Ah, but the body is simply a vessel for the soul. One cannot affect the other unless they are one.

How do you think Echidna gained her power after her awakening. {This hasn't been written yet so you'll understand in time if you're still interested.}

The Cult of the Fallen had challenged the ways of the creator, producing strife and ruin, where harmony use to bind. Pitting each empire against one another, they ensured the military gained control of the power and the cult leaders could live in luxury, at the expense of the civilians and royals. When the balance had shifted, and a hero was found to rebuild harmony from where it had been lost, Echidna began to stir in the heart of one leader, telling her that his book contained a spell that would give her unimaginable power. Drunk with the prospect of seizing the power from her fellow cult heads, she planned an elaborate trap and tried to torture the answer to the incomplete spell from the hero. Little did either of them know, that the voice guiding the hero was the holder to what she demanded.

By the time the hero escaped, Echidna had corrupted Silver Tongue. Infuriated by the loss she took the incomplete spell and devised her own version, before the Fallen took control of each empire in a dictatorship. But there had been one hiccup in the plan, the hero managed to survive his escape into the tundra and found the lost empire of the crystal ponies; a society of artisans that had fled in an act of neutrality when the empires had started to break ties. There he discovered the crystal heart, a magic unheard of, that had been created by the pure feelings an elderly sculptor had crafted for his beloved before passing on. Many years passed, Silver Tongue becoming more anxious to locate the hero as he remained in the crystal empire, becoming less involved with the world outside the tundra even though the voice urged him to continue.

The day finally came where Echidna manifested as a voice in Silver Tongue's head, making her look through the ancient scripts and find that there was a remaining part of Equestria that she had not searched. Taking a large force of cultists, she set out for the frozen lands, dead set on finding that which had been kept from her. Before she managed to find him though, he had already completed the spell. It ad brought the eight key aspects of the creator into existence, allowing them to walk the corporeal plane without destroying it.

Then came the battle for the future of Equestria. At first the tides seemed to shift in the Fallen's favor, but from behind, two of the empire's had managed to break loose from the control of the cult before sending volunteer warriors after their dictators. Seeing her plans crumble around her, Silver Tongue had nothing left , until her version of the spell came to mind. Like black lightning, the spell swept through both ally and opponent before finally ending, leaving a pile of ash , and a cracked horn where Silver Tongue had stood. The battle continued for a short time later, but with their leader gone and moral low, the cultists surrendered.

When the battle ground was deserted, so that any survivor's could be treated in the Crystal empire, five spheres of black light appeared above the corpses of battle. Having drunk her fill of the disharmony of war and having been pulled free of her shackles by the broken spell, Echidna crafted her own body from the necrotic remains, severing their souls connection to the creator with the desecration. Finally absorbing the remains of Silver Tongue, she vanished while plotting her recreation of this world, a world in the image of herself.)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1151626 (The body is just a vessel, as you would say, but discarding it is simple, really. Just dying is an example. Possession can usurp the person as well.

Also, I like that story, and I love how people are starting to use the Creator and the Destroyer now for their stories. Makes me all giddy.:rainbowkiss:)

(But as long as one has not left the other, there is always the possibility of affecting both when Echidna takes in a portion of another. If the soul had left any of the heralds during the fight, they would loss the ability to use their strengthened powers and would become autonomous, and easily manipulated. The best part about Echidna's background, she uses the various portions of the oblivion with ease, allowing her to upsurp any control over her form, like a mental assault can be turned around by bombarding the attacker with the memories of the creatures she has assimilated.

I haven't decide on using the word creator, but I'm using the idea. I'm stuck between the mother, architect and amity, something that points towards Faust. The destroyer currently has no part, but maybe I'll add it in somewhere.)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1153319 (Hmmm. If you're trying to go with Faust, Creator still works. Think of Hasbro as the Destroyer. )

(

So anyway, where were we again?)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1156962 (Your image is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. As for where we were, Psycho was in the Cocoon trolling Scarab)

Bemused, Echidna let Scarab's personality come forth, before the changeling took on the form of a certain 'screwball'. Giving a lopsided grin, with swirled bedroom eyes, she cornered Psycho in the enclosed space.

"You ain't getting away that easy lover-mine. <3"

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1161345 Psycho ignored Scarab's personality and attached a thick plank of wood onto her face.

Comment posted by Hydra deleted Jun 24th, 2013
The Psychopath
Group Admin

1163681 (fixed the previous reply)

(P.S. There was some hilarious referencing there that made me lol. Thank the gods I'm an immature SOB at times. XD)
Apparently it did little to help when her hoof wrapped around his foreleg, before he manged to pull it off the piece of wood.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1164040 For Psycho though, this meant nothing, as his leg popped off when he laughed, and a thread ignited at the other end.

Surprisingly, Echidna had a pretty good idea what the hissing noise was, and tore the wood from Scarab's muzzle before her exoskeleton took on a silvery color.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1164494 The limb simply exploded into confetti as Psycho faded through the cocoon's shell with laughter, only to reappear behind Scarab and steal her tail.

Which made him fall comedic, when he experienced the weight of the solid piece of steel. Apparently the changeling was capable of more then just altering her appearance.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1165574 "Oooo. You turned your tail into wood." the stallion said as he opened a door to get back inside the cocoon. "I wonder what this does." he said as he took her mane, next.

But glowing red lines crawled cross her body before small bursts of flame bled through. Echidna had decided against using another binding power, wondering if there was another way to bring harm to the herald besides making him experience lust.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1174199 Psycho just scratched his butt as he took out some chocolate from his hat with "lust" written on them.

(Nice new avatar, and I discovered a manga that uses Insanity! XD
P.S. the reason I wrote harm was because how awkward Psycho gets when others' display love for him, instead of him loving somepony else.)

Even as Scarab's foreleg swung forward to hit Psycho, a thought passed through Echidna's mind. All this time I've tried to display more strength to harm this foal, but the stronger I am the better he avoids it , and the flashier he becomes... Perhaps fighting isn't the way to defeat this one. Scarab's eyes widened as her master's thought stopped the blow from connecting.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1183098 Psycho just waited as the leg stopped right in front of his face. There was an awkward silence, until all the skin on his face desintegrated.

"That really blew me away." he teased.

(Ihave found it, two ways inwhich to defeat Pycho, alhough neither can destroy him... but who really wants that to happen.)

With hardly a second glance, Scarab turned her back on Psycho and sat in the air. Sombra's form warped as something from outside hit him, but the shadow king showed no sign of recognition as the shell soon returned to normal.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1197643 (He would just be rebuilt by the Illogic)

Psycho plucked off a pice of the shell and started to pick his teeth with it.

"So, why are you being boring?"

1199699 (I see you've started to pick-up on it. ;-D)
Not giving an answer , Sarab looked at one of her forehooves, almost like she was looking for a hangnail.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1200448 Psycho ate the the piece of the shell then sat on Scarab's head and began to play solitaire on her back.

1201889 (Now I just have to see how long it takes before Psycho snaps/gets tired of Scarab due to boredom)

Letting her wings buzz, the cards scattered before they landed back, on her back.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Blasted beast!" the green stallion yelled at him.

Relishing the stallion's plight to pierce his scales with his puny thorns, Nidhogg's maw glowed. Like thunder, a boom was heard as he let his flame scorch the earth, narrowly missing the green stallion. Noticing the approach of the; hand-like, nothingness; his reptilian body moved in an uncanny manner to avoid it.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1201967 Psycho found the event funny and took Scarab's wings to wear them as horns.
"I am Queen Chrysalis, Queen of all things dairy." he flaunted.

The hand missed and "hit" the ground, erasing an immense portion of the ground, although it still somehow distorted the perception of the Nidhogg and hit it powerfully, casting it through several mountains as an immense part of its body had been erased.

Scarab's eye twitched, but Echidna kept her otherwise stoic through the display.
-----------------------------------------

Having lost the tail so cleanly, Nidhogg felt more fury then actual pain. His teeth glowed an angry crimson as his master's blessing caused the cells in his body to quickly grow a new prehensile tail. The scales would take time to fully harden, but the fatigue of the rapid growth caused a piece of the glow to grow before severing from him; at the same time, any signs of stress and strain left his body s he became revigorated.

The glowing ball hung in the air, before splitting into three beams that followed the darting stallion. As it tore through the defensive walls of thorn, the beams diminished in size while becoming faster. Sociopath grit his teeth as he continued to weave and duck.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1203588 (I'm gonna see what you're going to do to Sociopath and let you mess with him for awhile)

Psycho jumped in front of Scarab and not only grabbed her face but slammed it against his. "Obey your queen of dairy products."

The Nothing looked down to see the orb floating about, but ignored it completely as the worm-esque body slithered around in its hole.

Nidhogg was wary of the Nothing, but he only needed to complete his master's order; damaging the stallion enough to cause master to corrupt him.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1210359 (Nothing happens here on my side)

1211849 (Jokes)
Gripping tightly to some of the stone, it shattered under his weight as he pushed off. His wings created a powerful gust as they flared open, before he started to gain height. His titanic body created a enormous shadow over Dragon' s Bane, before his reptilian eyes narrowed. Like a hawk, the dragonic beast swooped down on the Stallion, his claws easily creating fissures in the stone as they neared the stallion and blocked off the stallion's exit.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1213961 Sociopath broke through the trap using energy from the Insanity, allowing himself to pass a thorn through the Nidhogg's eye before the Nothing swiped at it again, narrowly missing its head.

Nidhogg gave a roar of pain and fury as he tore the thorn from his eye. The eye began to regenerate as another orb disconnected from his maw. Although smaller then the first, it copied the previous attack as it split and chased Sociopath.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1214284 The stallion just smiled and dragged the orb along with im as he made it deviate into the Nothing, erasing its existence. Sociopath also managed to avoid the "worms" from erasing him by using his thorns as a propulsion system.

Nidhogg gave a roar of pain and fury as he tore the thorn from his eye. The eye began to regenerate as another orb disconnected from his maw. Although smaller then the first, it copied the previous attack as it split and chased Sociopath.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1215945 (Why did you copy-pasta?)

(Same attack because of same cause, Nidhogg's specialty is removing damage and having it turn into a force that can deal equivalent damage before vanishing.)

There would be no escape this time. Nidhogg's mouth glowed a dark green as thick cage appeared around Sociopath, glowing the same colour.

(Did I mention he can use magic?)

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1217214 (Magic or no magic)

"Magic is irrelevant.. It has a limited reach." the herald spoke as he hit the cage with his elbow, sending Insanity's energies through it and tearing away a large portion of the cage.

"Magic does not affect Insanity."

Even as Sociopath finished his taunt, two of bolts blew through his knees and sent him spiraling into the air. It felt like a mace had been used to cut through the stallion's extremities. Even as he flailed to control his landing, he caught sight of the last bolt as it neared his left eye at an alarming speed.

Nidhogg didn't watch, he was too preoccuppied with avoiding the Nothing's attempts to erase him.

The Psychopath
Group Admin

1236191 Using his thorns, the stallion spun himself away from the bolt and let his hindlegs regenerate as he continued to mock the gigantic beast. He hadn't had such a long and wonderous fight since the Griffon wars.

The shapeless creature was destructive, but there was an odd coordination to its movements. It seemed intent on consuming the drake but if it encountered something more, tasty was the only way he could explain it, it would redirect slightly to consume as much of the item before returning to chasing him.

His reptilian pupils sharpened as Nidhogg moved, sweeping his tail around to bat Sociopath against the broken stone of Dragon's Bane. At the same time, he held his wings tight against his body, dropping fast enough to avoid all but a glancing blow from the Nothing.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 464