Twilestia is Bestia 3,265 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 127 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 127
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Welcome one and welcome all! It's that time of year again!

After a month-long hiatus to give you all a chance to catch up with your studies and come up with some new ideas, the Twilestia contest is back (with thanks to Karrakaz)!

The premise:
This time, we'll be taking a look at something quite familiar in Twilestia stories: Power Inequality
Stories for this contest should be about the power imbalance between Twilight and Celestia. This can mean a story with them as mother and daughter (*shudder*), a story with them as marefriends or just a story of them as two princesses, one with an inferiority complex and the other with a thousand years of experience. Everything is allowed as long as that power imbalance is there.

Limitations:
There are no limits on Tags, Content or Rating (Even though grimdark isn't something I'd personally want to see). There is a lower limit of 1000 words for this contest. Enough to write a coherent thought, but nothing restricting a very simple oneshot. Be aware that posting a small story makes it less likely to win, having said this. I suggest it be in the 4000-15000 word range, per chapter.

Entering a story:
Entries can be made by posting a comment in this thread with a link back to your story. Note that stories must be posted on Fimfiction in order for them to be accepted.

Winnings:
The winner will get their story featured in the contest winner box, and a link to the "Contest Winners" box. Second and third place will have a mention on the group page for the winning month alongside the winner.

The Judges:
The judges will be chosen from people volunteering in this thread on a first come first serve basis.

The positions thus far are:
--Muslipepito
--Hyzaku
--DarkDarsi

Deadline:
Because this contest is coming in at the right time, no applications will be accepted past the deadline, which will be December 27th.

Good luck everybrony!

I'll be happy to judge!

Comment posted by Karrakaz deleted Nov 26th, 2013
Comment posted by Knight of Cerebus deleted Nov 26th, 2013
Comment posted by Karrakaz deleted Dec 23rd, 2013
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2248225 Tried? What do you mean? You told me to look at some other groups, and I did. I encorporated some of their rules, and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. What do you want from me?

2248005 I'll be glad to judge again.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I'm not saying that I'm NOT entering this time... it's just that I am very busy this month with other projects and personal things.:ajbemused:

If I get the time, I get the time.:applejackunsure:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2249269 It's fine. We don't need everybody to join up. But good luck if you do, at any rate.

Hopefully I'll be able to get in on this one.
See you guys there.

So if I have written two chapters of a story that would fit the theme (it's posted but unfinished) and I finish it by December 27 can it be eligible or do these have to be brand spanking new stories??

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2250291 Nope, if it isn't posted yet it can qualify. Keep in mind only one chapter has to be finished, too, so you already qualify.

To many other things going on to take time fer this plus when I wrote my one and only TwiLestia it took me two months cause that fer me is a hard one to do

Is it a requirement that the power inequality go in the obvious direction? I've seen a small handful of stories taking the reverse approach, where Celestia is hesitant to approach Twilight for any number of reasons (not wanting to ruin the existing friend/student relationship, concern about how Twilight would respond, etc). It's an interesting variation that can be done quite well. (I've also seen a few stories suggesting different power balances in both directions, and corresponding nervousness in both directions.)

Also, you didn't post it as part of the contest rules, but I assume this needs to be a story freshly written for this contest, and not a nomination of an existing story or story chapter that meets all the criteria?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2251150 Yes. Sorry for that oversight. And yes, it can only be Celestia. There are some great ones going the opposite way, but that's another contest for another time.

OK; thanks for the clarification. I look forward to that contest.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2251329 :twilightsmile: We all do. Until then, might I suggest Ponyville University and Snit as the most recently updated stories containing dominant Twi?

I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "dominant"; that's an entirely different kind of Twilestia story. :twilightoops:
(And not my particular cup of tea.)

I'm just talking about a reversal (or better yet a symmetry) of the usual pre-relationship or early-relationship trepidation, which is usually depicted like some of Twilight's other neuroses (coughtardycoughmagic kindergartencough). Confident Twilight is fun (and not the same as dominant Twilight). And on the flip side, it's interesting to see Celestia going through the same thing Twilight does; it gives them something in common, shows deeper characterization, and brings Celestia more down-to-earth.

There is no way I'd be able to write a story like this in the time given, so can I have a go at judging?
Good to see this back by the by.

2248005 Well, curse you, Knight of Cerberus! Curse you and your entire race of cat-looking space clone demons. How am I ever going to get anything finished if people don't stop giving me ideas?

Not saying I am definitely entering with something, since I don't know if I can get it done in time, but I'll try.

Awww, darn. I wanted to do one where Celestia was hesitant to get into a relationship because if it ended sourly Twilight was the only thing really able to harm her or Luna.

Someone bug me when that contest rolls around. :pinkiecrazy:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2252494 Sure. Good job kicking the all-caps habit, by the way :twilightsmile:

2248005 Since I like Twilestia so much, I volunteer.

I had an idea for it but I don't know if I want to do it causeI also had an idea fer an HIE that I kinda wanan try out. To many stories in my head

2266201 Yes, I Know, Isn't It Great!:pinkiehappy:
Just kidding, yes I have manage to kick it, thank you for noticing :ajsmug:

2268607 I just realized how my meaning may have been misunderstood on my first reply. What I meant was that I love Twilestia so much I would be overjoyed to be a judge.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2276002 I'm sorry to say that there are only three judging slots open. You can get first bill on the next contest, though.

So I has a definite idea but I don't know if it qualifies, how can I check that. I mean the power imbalance factors into it for sure but it's not the focus of the story, its more of a regret story that was caused by imbalance. Would that qualify

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2293451 Yes. So long as the power imbalance is there, it works.

2294747 sweet, now to dredge up some motivation to write it with the knowledge it would at best get attention

...So I have to develop a relationship in my story before the 13th then.... I'll get it to you before then for sure!

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2302338 13th? The deadline is the 27th

But I leave for Hawaii on the 13th.... I don't want to as well! I just want to stay at home, but my family is forcing me to go.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2306103 Ah. Well, best be writing, then.

Yeah, I still have to rewrite the first chapter. But I do have an outline made! And now to start on it!

Hello. I am here for one reason and one reason alone.

I am submitting my entry for this contest.

Do with it... as you will. :coolphoto:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Just a reminder, folks! There are only ten days left until the stories for the contest are due!

SHL

Cheer up for the authors entering in this contest! I'm not going to enter, 'cause I haven't enough time and I don't have any idea about how do it ^^U

So, good luck to everypony enterning the contest!

For some reason I only found out about this today.

Welp.

Ten days?

Time to #420blazeit

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2404821 You can do it, Pearple!:twilightsmile:

I forgot about this, I got like a scene skeleton down but it needs work and then there's the rest of the story. If I did this it would not be edited in time if it even got written *starts cussing and muttering incoherently under his breath*

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Attention everybrony! There is only one week left to submit your Twilestia fictions. Note that Third prize is still open for a victory by default, so just posting one guarantees you a shot at the top spot.

Is it OK if the power imbalance is with Celestia, but it's of a different kind? As in a power upped in one area, but lowered in another, whereas it's a lot more restricting for Twilight. Would that be allowed?

And here's my story for possible default victory!

My entry is going through submission process as we speak.

Let's see how I do, shall we?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 127