Writer's Assistance Group 203 members · 182 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'm looking for someone who can help me with a crossover fic; it's basically a cross-over with a series that I created (which, by the definition of x-over, does count) and I'm hoping to find someone to help bounce ideas off. Seeing as how this crosses over with the REBOOT of my series--which I have taken the time to actually write down, unlike most of the canon from the last series which has it's continuity written down. I can either PM or post the links here to the first four episodes. In order for this x-over "collab" to work, I should hope that the person I'm working with has an understanding of the reboot. (since it is a reboot, there's really no need to go into detail about the established, and long, long prior history; everything that happens in this series is entirely self-contained, and shouldn't require any background).

3015858 I would need some info regarding each fiction, but I have been looking for something to start up my writing mojo again..

3015896 I've tried doing this reboot several times, but here's the short version of the synopsis:

The series focuses on the Sanchez family, specifically Charlie, a street-smart urchin taken in by the family, Marcy, a little girl who was revealed to be the Magical Avatar--until she lost most of her memory, Skippy (real name Skylar), a girl who worships the ground Zander (their father and leader) walks on and is trained by him to fight, Lacey Alexis, Zander's snarky biological daughter who zealously follows and enacts his teachings, and Katie, their newest recruit and the only other completely human character other than Charlie. They are led by the powerful immortal Zander Sanchez, who will often instruct them on using their power, leading them, and generally acting like a normal father figure when not leaving to his own devices.

This series is really hard to actually describe or explain, which is mostly why I fear it becoming too esoteric to even become a cult classic, so it's probably easier just to look over for one's self and draw their own conclusions. Here's episode 1 if you're curious; honestly, though, I kinda think it might come off as too mean-spirited at points (whether or not the the other half withstands) and I've run into a lot of people overgeneralizing my entire cast as being complete and total assholes with absolutely no redeeming qualities to them at all whatsoever. They aren't, by the way, in case that might have turned you off for any reason.

3016140 Here's a piece of advice from one author to another.

It doesn't matter what you think about your characters if others perceive them totally different. In order to make your audience like your characters, you have to carefully portray their nature.

3016569 fair advice, I suppose. The two most controversial characters I feel are, or are going to be, Zander and Lacey Alexis, the latter of which happens to be the poster girl for the series. The thing is that Lacey is a bit complex; she's violent, bitchy, but it's mostly justified (at least in her morale) and her bitchiness generally comes from not wanting anyone to get the way of her goals.

She also carries very strong familial bonds, and the fact that she tends to respect Skylar enough to treat her like an adult and take her on recons but also be a bit unintentionally condescending or overprotective when Skylar's hurt or looking for sisterly advice--Lacey being the first one she always turns to, even if her viewpoint is a bit askew. I could probably go on and on about Lacey's character arc but this is mostly underlying stuff that will become more apparent in future installments.

Ironically, most of the people who go over my stuff seem to think that, not Lacey, but Katie is more of a Mary Sue since her entire character revolves around being as normal and average as possible, which means that I sorta had to accelerate her development and give her a fight scene in the first season (to inevitably break her 'I don't like hurting people' thing and realize that some people are simply beyond remorse, and sometimes some conflicts have no other options).

The reason why I need someone to help with a Sanchez x-over--the series, by the way, is titled The Sanchez Chronicles, which I may retitle--is just to get some details solved. I have a general layout of plot points, dialogue, character interactions, but I feel like there are some things that need ironing out, some scenes that need appropriate justification and explanation as to how they reached this point without feeling forced or contrived.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5