Transformations 5,789 members · 5,210 stories
Comments ( 363 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 363

Body Swap Writing Contest

TwistedSpectrum
Group Contributor

This is going to be awesome, let's see what what people can come up with :rainbowkiss:

I have several ideas for this but I don't know if I'll enter due to the fact that I can't write good and fast .

3245970 I'm going to add 15 more days to the time so it'll be 60 days total :pinkiesmile:

I'll try to get something out by no promises. Exams are coming so it'll be a challenge.

Challenge accepted!

3245883 As soon as I finish my math homework, I'm getting to writing! :pinkiehappy:

Sounds interesting, I should like to try my hand at this, However I am very lazy so it is possible nothing at all will come of this. However I would still like to try.

I am going to do this!
I will be verry disapoint if I don't get a story for this complete in 60 days, because that means I have around 50 days to write it...

I can be verry lazy...

3246066 You can do it!
3246082 Great :pinkiehappy: good luck

I think I might just enter. Question though. Is there any restriction on genre tags? Like, it can be any type? Romance, Adventure, Random, etc.

1. Submitted stories are to be greater than 4000 words in length.

I'm loving this already!

I'm in. :twilightsmile:

3246118 No restriction, write it with whatever you want, comedy, romance, adventure etc,
3246144 Great :rainbowkiss:

I'm going to assume a no, but I do have a story (not released) that while it includes a human becoming a pony. It's unclear if they swapped or was just turned into that pony. Would that be considered disqualified?

3246248 Unfortunately it has to be body swap, It can be mind/body swap across universes but it has to be body swap and clear that it is. Sorry :applejackconfused:

Why not? i could use the practice and the money could help as well :trixieshiftright:

I think I might give this a shot. I've put off writing too long and even I should be able to pull off at least 4000 words in 60 days.

Ok so both characters don't actually have to be in the same story. Or do they?

3246300 Um I'm not quite sure what you mean :moustache:

Here is a few examples of what's fine: Lyra x Human body swap where Human goes to equestria and lyra to earth. Same body swap but Human stays on earth and gets lyra's body and lyra stays in equestria but get's humans body.

In this same story you could get away with showing only the point of view of the human but you should make it clear that it's a body swap.

Hope that helps :twilightblush:

Alright that sort of helps. The story I had in mind isn't a traditional body swap story so if it still qualifies after I'm done that's great. If not it's cool, I still want to write it regardless. :twilightblush:

Body/mind swaps? with mature and non-mature categories? And 60 days to make them?

And up to $50 in prizes each?

Color me intrigued.

Interesting. If nothing else, we'll be getting a bunch of new fics :heart:

I did have this oneshot thing planned anyways :derpytongue2:

Going to be new experience for me but I'm feeling experimental. To those who know me this is going to be weird cause it's not what I normally write. There's always a time to try new things though and that time for me is right now.

Count Me In.

I got a reason to get off my lazy butt:yay:

3246594 If there is a tie then we'll bring in an unbias tie-breaker judge.

TwistedSpectrum
Group Contributor

Pfft, lame, I was just going to backhand Kaidan until he changes his vote to agree with me. :trollestia:

I'm hoping to get something done for this. A friend of mine gave me a fun suggestion.

3247057 Lol that could work as well xD
3246412 Agreed ^^

3247052 Oh Yes it is possible to win both brackets, If you submit the highest voted mature story and the highest voted non-mature story then you'd win both :pinkiehappy:

I only write well when there's something on the line. I'd like to give this a go.

Why not, I'll give it a shot.
So this is my first time doing one of these. Do I just make a story, have it say "This is for Body Swap Writing Contest." and make a comment here stating that I have done so?

At first I was just interested in seeing what people come up with for this. 5 hours of driving later and a story is threatening to tear its way out of my skull. Looks like I may have to throw my hat in the ring as well.

Now to find the time to write it...

3245883 What's the grading criteria? Just subjective to each judge's tastes?

3247646 Yeah write it and then publish it and send me a pm letting me know about it ^^. I'll also keep an eye on this topic.
3247815 Essentially, all the judges I'll pick will be fans of body-swap stories. The main thing we will be looking at is the quality of the story for what it's worth. So how good is the story will be a factor. We'll also be looking at the body swap itself, since the story is a body swap fic then the body-swap should be a key element to the story and not just a glazed over plot point.

:twilightsheepish: hope that makes a little sense

3248119 Pony, Human, gryphon, changeling, whatever is fine for the Non-mature story. The only extra stipulation for the mature story is that the characters involved must be opposite gender ie: at least one male swaps with at least one female.

I couldn't find a date by which this ends. How much time do I have left to do this?

Contest Deadline
Contest ends in 60 Days from this post time on [July 1st 2014]

3245883 Is it too late to offer my judging services?
Please?

That would've been hilarious.:rainbowlaugh:

I'm almost scared to do this. We're being judged by Twisted-freaking-Spectrum! The author of Five Score!

3263166 You can do it! I believe in you :rainbowwild:

This sounds like something that can be a ton of fun. I'll definitely be making an effort to participate in this.

I believe!
Dude, accidental Sonic Adventure reference.:facehoof:

3246309 do the two characters have to swap with each other? or can they just both be in the same situation

Ex. due to some botched spell both pinkie pie and RD become colts

type thing

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 363