Spike Fanfictions 2,955 members · 5,587 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Looking for help on writing a Spike centered alternate universe story. I only need a second opinion, someone to bounce ideas off of. Of course, anything more would also be appreciated.

I don't know what your starting with, but I had a base-level idea for a story where Spike, Garble, Smolder and Ember were friends in the dragon lands, but had no connection to anyone else in the main cast. The idea kind of worked like an anime, with Spike being the friendly main character who's seen as an outcast by other dragons due to his nice and sociable personality. Garble acts like Spike's protective jerky older brother--pushing him around, teasing him, and challenging him to contests--but is quick to brake another dragon's nose if he thinks he can ever do the same. Smolder is Garble's biological sister, and the sarcastic quick-witted member of the group. She often makes fun of Spike and Garble for the stupid things they do. Ember is the no-nonsense warrior type, often trying to get her friends to train with her in order to make them great dragon warriors like she aspires to be, even though they don't really want to be dragon warriors and would rather spend their time relaxing. She gets annoyed easily, and the other dragons are afraid of getting beatdowns from her because of it. Ember also has an embarrassingly cute scream.

My Spike stories mostly consist of him having sex with the Alicorn Princesses, but if you want to talk story ideas on Spike, PM me.

Well there is one idea that i’d Think is worth pursuing, recently there’s been a few AU’s where spike’s been raised by the families of the rest of the mane six as their own: rainbow dash in ‘my dragon brother’, pinkie pie in ‘spike pie’, and applejack in ‘the dragon of sweet apple acres’. That leaves Fluttershy and rarity, you could do a story where he’s brought up as a brother to one of these two and the butterfly effect it creates on the mlp timeline, along with all the inevitable family fluff.

But that’s just a suggestion.

I agree with the first guy here. If you want help, you need to give a basic idea of what you want.

I have a idea where Spike is the main character in a mlp version of Jet Li's The One.

Spike and Garble in your story remind me of Thorax and his brother, Pharynx.

It would kind of be like that. I imagine Garble being far dumber then Pharynx though, probably to the point that even Spike can pull a fast one on him. The way I see it their abilities should help to balance each others' weaknesses. Garble is physically the strongest and the most durable; Smolder is the fastest and most agile; Ember has the greatest understanding of technique and has the best precision; and Spike is the most intelligent and ingenuitive.

If your looking for bad guys to act as reoccurring antagonists for this Dragonverse, I had an idea where the Storm King and his army attempt to capture dragons to skin their hides for armor and make weapons from their teeth, claws and bones. Since dragons tend to live by themselves, I could easily see hunting platoons of Storm Creatures chaining down dragons within their caves with their advanced weaponry. You could even have them attempt to steal dragon eggs for the purpose of raising them to act as mounts and war beasts in the Storm King's army.

Also, in accordance to most fantasy novels, dragons are said to hold a countless amount of beneficial effects within their bodies parts. Every piece of a dragon can be used in some way for a cure or medicine. I think the best way to describe it comes from this Disney song, which is silly, but explains what dragons can be used for:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8