The Writers' Group 9,268 members · 56,152 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Just curious, was there any lessons from the show (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) that you took and implemented in your life? Maybe some characteristic from the pony characters?

The episode with Zecora taught me to never judge a book by it's cover.

A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 & 2 taught me to always use evidence to back up my claims.

Dear Princess Celestia... I didn't learn anything! I was right all along!

:ajsmug:

HapHazred
Group Admin

7689356 "If something is going wrong, it might be because you're being an idiot. Figure out what's causing you to be a big stupid dummy and resolve the conflict by any means necessary."

The majority of the problems the characters have is because something tilts them, and then they become their worst antagonist. Check yourself, fix yourself, triumph.

Maybe some characteristic from the pony characters?

My productivity has lessened by 20% thanks to this.

Pinkie pie taught me that if I just focused on making my friends happy, making them able to smile, that the world will be a whole lot brighter.

Fluttershy taught me that a little kindness can go a long way

Applejack taught me that nothing worthwhile is accomplished without hard work

Rainbow dash taught me the importance of balancing modesty and confidence

Rarity showed me there is no shame in giving of yourself, even if it hurts.

Twilight sparkle taught me that its okay to be unsure of how to be a good friend, so long as you TRY.

And spike? He taught me that so long as you are happy with the people in your life, that everything else just seems to matter a whole lot less

7689356 Your problems often originate from you not having enough power. You need to become more powerful and your problems will become smaller.

For the most part, I adapted the idea of Harmony into my life. While the implementation stills needs to be fleshed out a bit more, it has certainly filled in a section of my personal ideology a bit more. Ultimately, the main item added was the ideas surrounding the Elements of Harmony themselves and how those can manifest in different ways, being the guiding principles for action within a pseudo-religious realist perspective of life.

No, I don't understand it either. I just like the utopian outlook of the show compared to the dystopia we humans are currently sliding into.

I think it was less a lesson directly from the show, and more the general premise of the first half: learn how to be social and open. It can be worth it to show yourself to others, other people can help you, not everything can or should be done alone, etc. I think that's why the later seasons lost me and why I believe the show went totally off the reservation by the last three seasons. For what it's worth, the seasons I enjoyed helped me grow into my own person. For everything else, there's always the fond memory.

The show taught me that taking an uncritical "love and tolerate" mentality towards everyone all the time doesn't work. Careful choice matters a lot. You shouldn't just love everyone thoughtlessly no matter how they act, and you shouldn't just tolerate anything people do just because you want them to be your friend. Choose your friends based on who's actually good for you and good to you. Not everyone is a good person or treats you and your real friends right, and if they're not, then kick them to the curb because you don't need problem people in your life.

That was the lesson in the first episode with Gilda, and it's an important one that I think is easy to overlook sometimes - but that's also why I think the show covered it.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11