The Writers' Group 9,290 members · 56,365 stories
Comments ( 729 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 729
Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I agree, our giant robot is cute.

*steepling my fingers like Gendo Ikari*

We have successfully identified the Final Angel. It is time to prevent the Third Impact.

SWEETAI-01, HASSHIN.

Not yet. We tend to give each litter provisional names based around a theme, like once we named all the kittens after brands of firearms. (Colt, Derringer, Remington and Winchester, I believe.) Last time it was just one kitten but I eventually named her Curry so I guess we've already used spices. Just gets a bit harder to come up with names as we're sorta running out of themes.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The Kitty Mark Crusaders?

--Sweetie Belle

I just realized that if Ferv did name one after me and it died, he would have to deliver the extremely awkward news that Alsvid died at two years old from choking on her own vomit or something equally silly.

I'm already dead in real life, though, just kinda waiting around for my body to realize that too, so I would not mind.

This literally just came up on my YouTube recommendation list. Should I be worried?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Love how all ponies have to be classified as "feral" :twistnerd:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

That is kinda amusing. "Here, we see the feral Pinkie Pie in her native habitat."...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

That looks oddly familiar somehow. :rainbowhuh:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It seems like a style imitation of Beatrix Potter to me.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm... pretty sure the rewatch I'd usually do today isn't happening, as I'd have to do it right about now to get it out, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't come out well if I do right now.

I'll probably either rewatch it sometime during the week and post the thread (though tomorrow, I have OT at work, so less likely then), or I might do two next week...

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

7290926 Remember, if ever you're struggling for time, I'm sure myself or one of the others would be happy to do 'em now and then. I can't today, unfortunately, because Monday is my busiest day of the week, but if you ever think you're going to struggle to post one, you can always let me know and I can try to pump one out. : )

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

This is one where I kinda expected to be doing it today, but it turned into kinda a dead day, I also probably had time to do it, but would've ended up with a fairly bad rewatch, as i really wasn't feeling it right then.

Thanks. This one is a cmc episode with a Sweetie Belle focused song, so I kinda feel like I probably should be the one doing it, tho'...

It doesn't help that I have two hours of ot at the beginning of my shift tomorrow, and tomorrow probably is going to be a busy day, too, as a dumb change went into effect Saturday that's probably going to give me more calls at work.

--Sweetie Belle

Hiya sorry to tag i just wanted proper feedback on this idea.

Ok so me and a friend on here had a random idea involing the displaced character style fics but instead of the normal displaced style we was thinking on adding 2 factions with opposing goals one set are a group we dubbed
the MDH (multi demnsional hunters) that tries to eliminate displaced characters weather by accident or dimension hoppers and use void dwelles (aka god types) as weapons.

while the other factions goal unless a reality is destroyed is to return a displaced to there home do you think this would be a viable idea for people to create a sorta crossover connection with fics?

erm hi how does one go about creating a group on here for the purpose of there interacting as characters in a fic for real effect banter stuff if its ok?

nvm juat saw the rule on it

So, I've marathoned the first four season's of She-Ra: The Princesses of Power, because I found out it had not only openly gay characters but also a communist alicorn, which pushed it from "something I might want to check out" to "something I should definitely check out."

Over-all, it's pretty great. Not quite on the level of Avatar: The Last Airbender or Ducktales 2017, but pretty close. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

I've also done something I've been thinking of doing for a while now, which is to play The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion again to see if my fond memories of it were justified or just nostalgia. My conclusion so far is: A bit of both. It's a little less fun than I recall, and there is definitely stuff Skyrim and other newer Bethesda games significantly improved upon. But also, it does a lot stuff I sorta wish modern games did and I think it has a sort of charm newer games lack.

Honestly, I'm not sure the games got "better" so much that they shifted their priorities. Like, Skyrim improved on aspects Oblivion really sorta lacked in, but at the expense of what Oblivion did really well, if that makes sense. Kinda like Bethesda has the potential to make he perfect sandbox game if they only went in 100% on everything.

At any rate, it's sorta nice to play a game old enough that my aging laptop had no real issue with it. The only other 3D game I have that runs this well is Minecraft. And it doesn't really look that bad if you ignore the art direction. Should probably take a stap at modding that.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Hmm. Decided to watch all of the Pony Life episodes that I'd missed before doing this weeks episode thread.

So I did, got all caught up... and found that this week is reruns. Oh well, guess I'll save my thoughts for next thread.

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

I have not missed working on train wifi. Being stuck at home has spoiled me rotten.

But on the plus side, woot woot returning to do science!

Hi Everyone! I am looking for a writer to finish some stories that have not, and probably will not, be finished. How would I go about contacting someone for a quote? Who should i bribe with cookies!!???!!! but yah wana know about a writer to finish a few stories....

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

This is kinda fascinating...

--Sweetie Belle

:rainbowlaugh:When someone gets banned :

hiya sweetie erm who do i ask ablut seeting up a group for a large amount of authors for a displaced war (and not just HIE but anyone who wants to takepart and would be travaling realites counts) against a species the user Arceaion created that has the goal of wiping out all realities and we have a way to beat them

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

That's more something you do then something you set up. Anyone can create a group. Under "My Groups", there's a create group button on the right. The main trick is getting people to join it, and advertising it in all the right places.

It sounds like the sort of thing you might want to talk to people about in relevant groups and see how much interest there is, and if there are any other interested people that might want to help...

--Sweetie Belle

You also have to know a guy.

I had a guy, but now I don't.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, you have to know or find a bunch of guys/girls/sapient beings of some variety, and convince them to join the group once you made it. And you have to be able to keep them interested in and participating in the group, too, or it'll go dead, like a lot of mine have.

That's one trouble with spreading yourself thin as an admin, actually. You end up not having enough time to dedicate to individual groups.

--Sweetie Belle

The truth is I don't know anyone on here anymore that much, excepting my inner circle, and have sunk into relative obscurity (which is fine, that's fine :fluttercry: no but seriously it's nice to not have a spotlight on me 24/7 as before). I just kind of exist on here when I'm afforded enough time online to stop by.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Oh, I feel plenty of times like I don't know as many people on the site as I used to, as I occasionally notice people drift away, and don't always notice new ones at the same rate. And the groups tend to stay the same, aside from this new Positive Ponies group that sorta showed up out of noplace. I think part of the trick there is them extending invitations to a bunch of people. Not sure totally.

For me, I'm in the same couple walls 95% of the time, and there's always internet, but, you know, work and other things get in the way...

--Sweetie Belle

Apropos of nothing, but I like to think that this is all you can hear when you synchronize fully with the SWEET-AI O1 Evangelion unit. You know, like in that episode where Shinji and Asuka keep hearing the music in their robots.

The picture Cin posted is of doom and destruction but it's really just me trying do a happy little dance while I'm in the Throne of Sweetie Soul (the cockpit).

HapHazred
Group Admin

I think part of the trick there is them extending invitations to a bunch of people.

Well I wasn't invited.

I suppose my reputation precedes me. I have been described as many things, but positive is not usually one of them.

(I don't actually want to join. I suspect I'd have to leave to keep my dashboard clean anyway...)

Parody and nonactionable satire:

Haphazred-chan crossed her arms under her sizeable frontispiece and did a supa supa kawaii pout with an uguu, pushing her lips out.

"h-hmph! I didn't wanna join ya dumb little clubhouse anyway! Nerds!" she added, for good measure.

Alsvid clicked her tongue and patted Ha-chan on her rosy cheeks. "Of course you didn't want to join the big nasty icky nerds in their widdle pway house, honey," the Zebra mare said, in indulgent tones.

- Sample from my hot new FiMfic, "Alsvid Chucks Her In The Ute"

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It's entirely possible this might be what you end up with...

When I get group invitations, I usually join for a bit to be polite, and assess later if I really want to stay there. Didn't really realise how much this one was going to swamp my dashboard, and there was already one thread that made me wonder.

Of course, where it gets strange is when I have invitations extended to me to groups I already was in, then left, 'cause at that point it's kinda like I already evaluated the group...

(I can see why I might be asked to join a positive group, I suppose...)

--Sweetie Belle

Hiya just asking but is this a free for all fim thread or anything I forgot

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

This is a general talk-about-anything thread, as long as you use your common sense and follow the site rules.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

So, there's a humble comic crossover bundle going on:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/hasbro-comics-crossovers-idw-publishing-books?

Know what's at the $1 tier? The first issue of a Transformers x mlp crossover!

There was a 5 page pdf preview there, too...

--Sweetie Belle

So would anyone like to take part in a game of Among us mobile acting as there oc and have the game rounds turned into a story on here for a bit of fun?

Me again but making sure would 2 people using pm to act out a fight between there characters for the purpose of seeing how they fair against each other for a fic be against the rules or is it ok as long as it's not really long?

This guy posts on leddit.

hi everyone im hosting a lobby of among us the codes luln note i will be turning the rounds into a fic lol

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

I never noticed before but there is some serious Ark-of-the-Covenant stuff going on in there.

"Gee, and this was supposed to be a kids' show"-- Gonzo, Muppets Treasure Island

Been feeling a bit lonely lately.

HapHazred
Group Admin

7328498 Sorry to hear that, bro.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, that could mean it's time to hang out on some internet forums and such. Post some threads and start some discussions?

Or, of course, doing things to distract yourself, like writing more of Familiarity. Then you've got your characters in your head to distract you, too.

--Sweetie Belle

Well, that could mean it's time to hang out on some internet forums and such. Post some threads and start some discussions?

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to do. I've basically drifted away from all my close online acquaintances, which is sorta the only type of acquaintances I have. I've always had this tendency, but never for this long a stretch.

I decided to visit the forum I used to frequent before I ended up here. I've only made occasional quick visits since 2014, when some stuff went down that made me sorta uncomfortable. Amazingly, all my old friends are still there and haven't changed a bit. Also, the aforementioned business that made me uncomfortable seems to have abated now. Should make a bit of an effort of sticking around that place more, I think.

Of course, should also try to hang around this place a bit more. You guys are my friends too, after all.

Or, of course, doing things to distract yourself, like writing more of Familiarity. Then you've got your characters in your head to distract you, too.

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm dealing with like the worst case of writer's block I've experienced in seven years. I'm not even having any new fanfic ideas to distract me from my old ones, it's that bad.

HapHazred
Group Admin

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm dealing with like the worst case of writer's block I've experienced in seven years.

Perhaps a spot of contest would revitalise you! I find a little healthy competition is often the breeding ground for lots of fun ideas. Some of my favourite stories are contest entries.

There are two ones that are ongoing currently that I'm aware of; one that I'm judging that is to do with pacing and another that is being ran by FoME. Both have got prizes on the line, too!

Perhaps a spot of contest would revitalise you! I find a little healthy competition is often the breeding ground for lots of fun ideas.

Honestly, I think competition probably makes it worse in my case. I participated in a contest once and I found it sorta stressful.

Also, I have serious trouble when it comes to dealing with expectations, which is likely why I'm so bad at finishing stuff. It's legit some sort of subconscious self-sabotage.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, at least all your old friends are still there. People do have a tendency to drift away. Sometimes you can reconnect to someone, and it's like the two of you never drifted away, though.

OTOH, I'm not really the best at relationships. This whole thing of never going out and minimizing contact with others was already how I was living before COVID...

Well, you know, I find the monthly Flashfic contest fairly low pressure. You have to write a 150- word story on a prompt before the 21st of the month, and the prompt was chosen by the winner of the last month, so you normally know it by the 1st. And I can convince myself to sit down and write 150 words. You aren't really entering and committing to write it, either. You just post the 150 word story in the thread or you don't.

OTOH, maybe you just need to get back into the flow of writing. What if you write something just as an exercise, without real expectations of publishing it? You could write what a different character was doing during a chapter of a story you wrote, or write something that was referenced in a story, but we never saw.

I bet it'd be fun to write the whole Apple Bloom/werewolf thing and Silver Spoon. Or maybe write something from Fang's backstory?

Of course, just for purposes of getting writing, you could do something like make a list of characters and a list of activities, and then roll dice to pick two characters and an activity, and use that as a prompt. Again, I think sitting down without an expectation of actually publishing what you are writing would help. You can always change your mind later, if something you like comes of it.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 729