The Writers' Group 9,284 members · 56,341 stories
Comments ( 729 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 729
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Welcome to the official Free For All Chat thread, mark 2! The original thread was very successful, indeed, getting to 27 pages. But, at that length, it was about time to restart it to avoid lag and clobbering knighty's servers.

Here's how this works:

In this thread, the rules are relaxed. Besides the site rules, the rules that really apply here are 0 & 6. So I'll still want you to use your common sense and not start big flame wars, spam a bunch of reaction pictures and that sort of thing.

However, in this thread, your posts can be about anything (permitted on the site)!

You can ask for help and be as bloggy or promotional as you want in this thread, as long as it meets what I said above. You can blow off steam here, take it easy, and talk about whatever you want. You can even talk about writing and ponies here if you feel like it, but you don't have to. And I'll sticky this thread so you know where it is.

Hopefully I don't get a million notifications from everypony directly replying to this post...

--Sweetie Belle

Sup peeps. Has anyone watched Hazbin Hotel yet? If not, watch it! What is it about? It's about the Princess of Hell reforming demons so they can go to heaven. It's on YouTube right now! And as for why... Well... Allow me to introduce perfection.

Möffíns, brôthēr?

yes I have, my friend. I think someone should do a fanfic about some of the baddest demons, including the Radio Demon escaping into Equestria somehow and the Princess of Hell follows behind to try and help them reform, or something along those lines. Or maybe I could and do something around that? What are your thoughts about it overall? I personally really like it, and I see it possibly taking off if enough effort gets put into it to get it more momentum.

...bruh I LOVE that. *Gasp* what if Luna was a demon as nightmare moon, and so she checks into happy hotel!? Sorry omg I love all these ideas and crossovers!

If you don't do it first, I will. I think that idea would be very interesting to try and pull off.:twilightsmile:

I'm definitely gonna do the nightmare moon one... After my tests xD college admissions sucks. But oh man this is awesome idea I think, yes!
Ok but Sir Pentious is a cinnamon roll... What if he falls into Equestria?

Huk

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, Fimfiction lacks the 'follow the thread' functionality (get mail updates when someone posts something in the thread)? So how do you follow those 'free for all' threads? Manually checking for updates every few hours:unsuresweetie:?

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

So how do you follow those 'free for all' threads?

I'd imagine somewhat loosely, they're generally a more relaxed posting place, although

[Edit] I shouldn't comment while sleep-deprived, I apparently lose some slight reading comprehension until after I already post... :facehoof: (I thought you were asking how SweetAI/other group admins followed them, then I realized you were probably asking more for yourself.)[/Edit]

The Recent Threads link is sometimes quite handy to check for updates in some threads, though its usefulness does kinda diminish with joining more active groups... :twilightsmile:

HapHazred
Group Admin

7040755 That's one of the reasons why I generally stick to just the select few groups, and have left groups for having loads and loads of off-topic threads. As an admin it's really hard to keep track of your groups intimately if recent groups link is acting weaksauce...

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I do every much wish I could be in groups but filter their threads from recent threads. It would be very helpful with high volume groups, especially if I could easily toggle them on and off.

I'd certainly have used that on the 'bookplayer's 50 threads questions' group recently...

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

7040773 I've simply ragequit groups that do that.

Filter threads? Hap filters groups.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've left and rejoined high-volume groups before if they were flooding my feed too much. The fact that there's now the ability to go back a page on the feed now helps, though. (And I'm an admin on at least one high volume group now, where I can't really just leave it and come back later...)

--Sweetie Belle

Yes. It was awesome and gives me hope there is stills actual talent in the industry. :raritystarry:
That would be a very good one.
Oh! What if when she was banished for the first time instead of being trapped in the moon she was dropped at the hotel? :pinkiecrazy:

Would you like to join the collaboration of crazy projects!?

Maybe, first I would need to know what this 'collaboration of crazy projects' is. :scootangel:

We're coming up with crazy ideas of crossovers for Hasbin hotel and Equestria, how to do it well, and mostly have fun and be silly! :D

Join the Hazbin Hotel Group (it's the only one on this site) and let's get planning!

Yeah I got a few questions 1, is there a way to make a new tag or submit the idea to a admin of the site?
2, I'm writing a few stories and was wondering if anyone has advice for writing dialogue for the apple family and zacora?
3, one of the stories I'm writing takes place in the fall of equestria timeline and I haven't actually read any before and was wondering if someone can give me information on the caribou? I know they rape and inslave but can they use magic? Who is their king, etc etc.

Now if you choose to answer my questions I ask you pm them to me so I can always find them easily

HapHazred
Group Admin

7044232 1, the staff page, I imagine?

2: Start by spelling 'Zecora' right and capitalising 'Apple'. Remember that not only does Zecora always rhyme, but her sentences often have a flow to them. I'd recommend listening to her speak, say them aloud, and base future sentences on those. Regarding the Apple family, I'd personally recommend you dispense with replacing 'I' with 'Ah'. I believe this practice isn't nearly as prominent as it used to be, but it's still... around. There ain't nothin' wrong with a little dropping of the ol' last letter far as I can tell, but switchin' up the spelling of a sentence is something that folks don't take too kindly too.

3: I don't care about FoE. Isn't it supposed to be... garbage?

1, thanks
2, alright I'll give that a try
3, I don't know I haven't read it I mean I've heard of it now and then in other stories and I know it's dark and messed up but as far as I can tell that's the point to show equestria's darkest hour

3, I don't know I haven't read it I mean I've heard of it now and then in other stories and I know it's dark and messed up but as far as I can tell that's the point to show equestria's darkest hour

It's actually about how females crave to be meat for sex and that kind of sexism/clop fantasies that lean heavily on rape and mind control. The basic premise is: Caribou invade, win easily because they are a stand-in for the author's sexual fantasy-self, all mares become their sex slaves. If I understand correctly, the original author is quite insistent that the Caribou are never supposed to lose. Talk about fragile ego. It has nothing to do with Equestria's darkest hour. The whole premise and story is a glorification of being an absolute creep.

Frankly, if any author writes about that for reasons that don't have to poo on it, he probably isn't an author worth reading unless you really get off on rape fantasy and humiliation.

Ah see as I said I never read them, but in my version they are monsters and use magic to control both male and females minds only a few have strong enough wills not to be changed. My character is going to start a rebellion and get the whole world to fight together against them.

I just need to know the Kings name and if the caribou themselves can use magic or if it's a artifact or some brainwashed unicorns using magic for them

You'd have to read a pile of manure to get the info you need. As an advice though, I'd say to drop the Caribou and the FoE connection. It simply is shit enough that people who are fans of it won't follow yours because there won't be enough rape, and people who aren't won't care for the connection or might even be turned off by it. Make your own race instead (preferably not Caribou) and utilize a better method for how they initially win and how they lose (I think FoE's Caribou win just because. There is literally no reason apart from "they cannot be defeated").

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Why not distance yourself from someone else's setting and instead create your own setting? What's the point of using Fall of Equestria with all the unnecessary reputation it brings, especially if you don't really know the setting? At the end of the day the Anti-Fall of Equestria stories are a rather niche topic, specially now when it isn't even hot topic.

Considering how often MLP uses monsters and ideas from other settings and mythologies, you could use something like the Mind Flayers, sirens (and the show has something in there already with the EQG Sirens I believe), fairyfolk (the trickster, not good kind), or you could make up something like, say, a race whose hat is that they are all modelled after the Pied Piper.

Actually I'm going to use a evil genius unicorn with a army of golems are mercs with a few other surprises

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Warning, can't use mind flayers. D&D jealously holds that copyright. Although never stopped squid faces to appear all over the place with a fresh name like faceless or ageless ones.

Could you link to the first episode, please (or to the website where you can buy it if it's subscription-only)?

Art is lush and innovative, animation looks quite good, especially for a webcartoon, voice acting pretty professional.

Dialog, scripting, pacing--I'll wait to say 'til I've seen the finished product. Hard to judge from teaser clips.

Absolutely let me pull that up for you!

Thanks. The dialog isn't as witty as it thinks it is, but it makes for decent patter; it flows well, the editing seems to have been tightened up from the teasers. Interesting concept, style is vigorous, animation is lively and well-paced. Not enough info to judge the story--this episode just introduces the characters, who seem promising. I look forward to the next epiosode!

EDIT: My ouija board just rang. It was Dante Alighieri. He said putting all the furries in hell was genius and he wished he'd thought of it first.

Me too, trouble is I don't know when said next episode comes out, but when I do I'll let you know. :3

Conan the butch dom reindeer
Had a very sexy whip
And if he used it on you
It would make you jump and skip

All of the pony bottoms
Worshipped at his cloven feet
Finding in their submission
Sexual release so sweet.

Then on Winter Solstice eve
Luna came to say:
"Conan, darling, I won't bite:
Won't you pull my sleigh tonight?"

Now all the mares and stallions
Look upon the scene and twitch:
Conan the butch dom reindeer,
Gladly serves as Luna's bitch!

The irony is almost physical, isn't it?

I don't know if you ever read Goblin Slayer, but I did love how at one point they find a Beholder and won't say it's name because it's a 'forbidden name' or something. That had been quite awesome.

Who here has watched A Heist with Markiplier?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Irony is so strong I can taste it.

Never read Goblin Slayer but those are popular jokes. Like say, in webcomic Order of the Stick lawyers grab mind flayer away because of the copyright law.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Sitting.

And waiting...

And...

Fun times... :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Why the Sweetie Giraffe?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Sweetie Giraffe is hunting spammers.

--Sweetie Belle

True. They've been lurkin' lately.

Hello? Can anyone read this?

I've been overthinking too much and it's not helping me with my stories. Does anyone have some advice on how I can break out of this habit?

Start with a single action, in a single sentence. Don't worry about any sort of planning. Write a single sentence, and wherever it'll take you, go down that path. :twillightsmile:

And while we're on the subject, have you ever once finished a chapter, but you held it off from being published until you could finish the chapters for your other stories? That way you can update more than just one of your stories all at once in one day?

If so, did you ever this anxiety that makes you want to publish the chapter ahead anyway, because you don't want to keep your readers waiting for too long?

Because that's what I'm doing and I'm trying to refrain myself from publishing said chapters ahead before the others.

Unless it's my What If story, I actually don't really tend to mind how long it might take to get a chapter published. The only reason why I'm holding back chapters on one of my stories at the moment is because I have a planned publishing date for the story itself of December 10th.

HapHazred
Group Admin

So I just finished FoME's Imposing Sovereign's contest, and I still have an itchin' for a competin'...

Are there any good looking contests out there I've gone and missed that could use a friendly neighbourhood Hap taking part? :duck:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, there's still plenty of time to enter in the latest monthly Flashfic contest!

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

7051182 Ooh, never done one of those before.

Time to take a look I suppose! : )

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've never heard this version of this song before!

https://youtu.be/GHMjD0Lp5DY

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 729