The Writers' Group 9,291 members · 56,386 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

But I am not sure where to begin and also is there a site so I can write my original story?

Is there a place where I can write my original story?

You could always get Microsoft Word and write through that; it's what I do, and it works really well.

I'm assuming you meant is there somewhere you can post an original (non-fanfiction) story. If that is what you meant, the only ones that comes to mind is Wattpad and deviantART, which has both original stories and fanfiction, but I know there are a lot more than that.

This place has you covered. Assuming you want a community, or a goal-driven motivator to hit a certain word count. If you want writing tips, NaNoWriMo has those, too. They have regional groups, lots of forums, but keep in mind everyone there tends to be kind of preoccupied with what they're doing. You should be, too.

If you want someplace to publish, DeviantArt has lots of groups, the furry fandom has several big websites (if you're writing anything animal-based, it'll get some reception there), I'm sure whatever niche you want to write in has a place on the web somewhere, you just need to look hard enough.

There's a group here that supports original work.
Let me know and I can get you the link.

To me, the only difference between an original story and a fanfiction is:
1. You make your own characters.
2. You make your own world.
3. You make your own feel.

Every thing else is the same.

Have you tried the WriteOff site?
It runs writing events every month, alternating between pony fanfiction and original stories.
There's an original story round going on right now, if you're interested. You're sure to get feedback as well.

Thank you to everyone,

No I have not tried the writeoff

But I am not sure where to begin

You begin by having a story to tell.

For the story, come up with characters, a setting, a few struggles, and a goal. Write it out in an outline and flesh it out.

I use an outline like the one in the appendix link below, though it's also a timeline. I have this written out personally, up to the end, and I update the timeline in the public appendix as the story goes on. I've found it useful.

Appendix for Princess Essenta

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13