The Writers' Group 9,290 members · 56,369 stories
Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 77

Oh, well, when you put it that way... yeah, that might be a first.

4643515 Nope, not the first. There's a Molestia fic I recall buried under years of fanfiction that did that exact idea.

What challenges would a human face living in Equestria?

Possibly facing a terrible plot and characterization.

And probably six love interests. Minimum.

That isn't 100% correct. It IS possible to get one's necessary protein from vegan food sources, but most vegans and vegetarians just plain don't get their diets right.

It doesn't take much to make cider go hard. Just leave it in the back of your pantry for a few months. And if you're willing to wait all winter, put it outside and take the frozen water out of it every morning. This will leave you with a highly concentrated, potent apple brandy known, appropriately enough, as "Applejack." George Washington owned a distillery that was famous for making the stuff.

4643451 I would read that.:rainbowwild:

4642490 I think finding proper shoes would be a problem but clothing not so much since there is the option of going out naked except for winter

Well, I'm already considering one where a human male in Equestria smells (to them) like a mare in heat. Shenanagins ensue.
Why not do one where some poor bastard dies of too much affection?

Their diet first and foremost. Humans NEED protein to survive, even vegetarians/vegans have to take supplements in order to stay healthy.

Main issue would be food. Unless there's a human supplement pill in Equestria, we're gonna have to kill some animals...

Since this comes up a lot, I went and contacted an old friend who's been a vegan for ten years. He tells me he has no problem getting protein without supplements, his health and weight are fine, and people consider him strong for his size. (Though that last part probably has more to do with all the kung fu he does.) As long as you get your protein from somewhere, you can absolutely live without meat, or dairy products for that matter.

From what he tells me, the only required supplement is B12, and that's specifically because modern farming techniques has destroyed certain bacterial flora in our soil. A few hundred years ago, that would probably not have been an issue. Odds are that Equestrian crops don't have that problem what with earth pony magic and stuff.

On the question of whether or not a human could adapt to a completely ovo-lacto-vegetarian society, his reply was: "Easily."

Yeah, that's pretty much what my friend told me: Vegans who end up with health issues basically don't know what they're doing.

The most likely answer is "completely", because none of their pathogens would have evolved to actually affect humans. He'd probably never get sick again.

For the same reason, we wouldn't have to worry about getting sick while visiting other planets or, say, time traveling to a pre-human period. In cases where people have been exposed to diseases they have no immunity response to, they caught them from other humans. (Native Americans meeting Europeans, etc.)

Mhm. I ended up talking to my Grandma, whose a vegetarian, about that and she agreed.

My comment is invalid.

I mean, I could see diet becoming a long-term problem for a regular meat-eater who ended up in Equestria by accident and had no idea where to start. But if you know you're going to a place where nobody eats meat, you'll probably do your research first.

Right. I think this is assuming you're randomly teleported.

4645546 So the big climax of "War of the Worlds" is unrealistic?

Nah, Random specifically said that the human in question moved to Equestria because his company opened a trans-dimensional branch there. So, he'd probably know what he was getting into.

Oh goodness yes.

So is the big climax for Independence Day, incidentally, for almost exactly the same reason. (There is no way in hell a 1996 Apple PowerBook could write a virus capable of affecting an entire fleet of alien spaceships.)

4645599 Suppose we assume that aside from the magical diseases like Cutie Pox that normal diseases exist in Equestria (similar to how Equestria itself is a mix of real and mythical animals)?

If that's the case, humans could theoretically still catch the diseases, since they're the same as back in the home dimension. Plus we know at least that "Tatzlwurm Flu" can infect dimension-hoppers

Your right, though my original point was that they need that B12 but I digress. And what do you mean the ending of Independence Day was unrealistic? Obviously all alien ark ships use the Windows 95 OS.

Then the human might have a bad time. Still, if pony diseases can infect humans, it makes just as much sense that pony medicine can treat them as well.

Too bad Jeff Goldblum used Apple. :trollestia:

Lack of beer would be good for you, you'd be able to get over your addiction.

HapHazred
Group Admin

7294287 Are you resurrecting a five year old thread to tell me to stop drinking beer?

I love how this guy necro'ed a five year old thread in order to slam Hap on his drinking.

HapHazred
Group Admin

7294295 I know. I'm not sure whether to crush him for his impudence or be impressed.

Buy him a round.

I thought this one looked familiar. Good to know my instincts haven't dulled in my absence. (Or my drunkenness, for that matter.)

Really, this is getting me all nostalgic.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 77