The Writers' Group 9,285 members · 56,341 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

So . . . . . I take it you can't even link your own Mature-rated stories in your own profile? Tried it on mine. Didn't work. :fluttershysad:

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

Uh...
Whaddia mean, exactly?

4206688 You know how you can put your own stories in their own gallery box thing on your profile? Apparently, you can't put Mature-rated stories in that box, even though you wrote them . . . :ajsleepy:

Meeester

The only place you can link Mature stories is in a NSFW marked group or in a tagged blog on that story (which is inherently a nsfw blog as such). Edit: This is just for the URL, not for displaying in a featured module on your userpage.

But again this never means you can post NSFW art anywhere ever here.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

That sounds so much like an FAQ entry we should have that I'll probably borrow it for the unofficial faq. The rules post kinda misses saying that, or anything about NSFW groups other than that you can't post NSFW pictures there...

--Sweetie Belle

That's weird, I can do that on my profile page, and I know of other writers with Mature stories that have them displayed on their user page.

This must have happened recently, because I was always able to display all of my stories on my profile page until now.

Is this a new thing? I've got a mature story listed in one of my little 'featured story' boxes. It's been there, unchanged, for nearly two years, so maybe it's an artifact from before the rules changes?

Or is it because it doesn't have a sex tag?

Now I'm curious....

Meeester

Should have been more clear. This is just for URLs.

You've always been able to display Mature fix in the userpage modules. I've brought this up countless times to Xaq/knighty and never get a clear response.

So I assume it's not an issue.

Ah. That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Okay, that's fair. I knew about the link thing (and the NSFW art thing).

I didn't know you could include links in blog post tagged to a mature story. Just to be safe, I still won't. Hypothetically, could you put a link to NSFW art in such a blog post, or is that verboten?

Meeester

No NSFW art whatsoever.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Stupid question, but... is your mature filter turned off? Because if it's flipped back on (it happens to me occasionally) then it will hide your own stories.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Are you using a different computer/device than usual? If so, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts 4207057 just solved your problem.

Yeah . . . . . so I feel really, really stupid now. Like, really stupid.

You guys can go ahead and lock this thread now. Let it serve to educate people on what a short-sighted moron I am . . .

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Don't feel stupid, many people have had this happen. The most often causes are that you probably cleared the cache/cookies/browser data/etc. or you logged on with a different device.

The mature filter setting is linked by device, not by account information.

4207348 Nope, I turned it off myself and forgot.

Hence the "I don't deserve to be a member of the human race"-type stupid. :ajsleepy:

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Well, in that case:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20