The Writers' Group 9,285 members · 56,341 stories
Comments ( 200 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 200

Did they reply to every single person on the thread? I bet they did that. Also got themselves banned, apparently.

WELL SINCE I AM ALREADY HERE

Hi. I change my name every so often, but I'm currently Edboii, and I am an asshole with a heart of not. I love the three act structure and absolutely hate poor spelling and grammar. I don't really do these 'introduce yourself' things, but I wanted to make fun of the person above without cluttering the thread.

Uhh... I write dumb shit, too. Check it out. Kthnxbye!

Yep, they did, and I noticed them doing the same in multiple other groups. Seems like the site staff obviously didn’t like this kind of spam.

Ah, I love seeing spammers get their comeuppance. Spammers and drama-posters are the worst. :pinkiesick:

I think I see what's happening here, and I don't think it's intended to be the self-promotion you think it is. Lyra is trying to help other people connect with each other... unfortunately tagging everyone in the thread probably wasn't the best way to do it.

The attempt to help others may have been carried out poorly, but I think she means well and doesn't deserve the ire being thrown her way.

Come on, give her a break, guys.

Hey! You didn't introduce yourself, pal!

Self-promotion is promoting stuff that connects to you. Lyra tagged a ton of people and then followed it with a huge post detailing her groups in steam, facebook, reddit, fimfiction, youtube, etc, etc. That is the definition of self-promotion (she didn't promote other peoples' services or groups, despite there being many), and seeing how she did it on other groups from what I hear, the site moderators probably see it like this, hence why she got banned for a couple of days.

You know, I've never actually introduced myself here.

Hi, I'm Crimmar. I write stuff that can be split into either comedy and dark or both combined (yes, I can make it work). I'm from Greece, a civilized culture unlike you barbarians, and I have this very bad thing (allegedly) where I give honest opinions/facts or talk to someone without trying to flatter them like a potential girlfriend if I'm to tell them something they may not like. That doesn't go well sometimes. Anyway, if at any point you're talking to me and you think I might be trying to insult you or make fun of you, please don't. I assure you, all attempts to insult or make fun of will be crystal clear and will leave no doubts. I'll do it straight. If not, then it's just the dry language I tend to use.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that I didn't realize it was spam to tag people. I was just trying to tag people to keep track of who I was talking to because of brain fog. I have some disabilities I struggle with. Sometimes I get confused about who I'm talking to unless I tag them and I forget who I'm talking to at times as well. I explained this to the site admins and they understood and just let me know that I should limit the amount of people I tag in one post which I'll try to do but it will be hard for me to keep track of things due to my brain fog.

Like that might sound odd but it's how I can keep track of what I've just read or who I am responding to. I also didn't know that if you introduce yourself in more than one group it would be considered spam. I was just trying to introduce myself and explain what I do which is promote people on my sites and YouTube channels and then give resources where people can promote their stuff. So it actually wasn't about me at all, it was about giving people resources to promote things since that's what I like to help people do.

I noticed in a lot of the other introduction threads people were saying who they were and promoting their stories or something so that's why I made an introduction and put my groups and things where other people can promote their stuff because other people in the thread were doing the same thing so I thought it was okay and I thought hey I could give people some resources for promoting their stuff since they are promoting their stories and stuff in their introduction.

Next time I guess I can just say that I promote things on my YouTube channels and people can ask if they are interested instead of giving the links to the promotion groups and things I made.

I'm sorry again. I hope people can forgive me. Have a nice day. :)

I was just trying to tag people to keep track of who I was talking to because of brain fog.

Yeah, see, this is where I'm gonna call it as a bunch of baloney. Not your brain fog, but how you use it as a cover for the spam. You didn't talk to anyone in that post—it was a generic mass message to advertise to the audience, and you had tagged basically everyone who has posted on this thread as of yet. So, if you didn't tag everyone here because you were trying to keep track of who you were talking to—which you didn't—then what other reason was there save for simply force the attention of as many people as possible?

Dude, you've been on the site since 2012. Stop insulting everyone by thinking us stupid enough to swallow the lie that a rabid group creator, group poster, and 8 year old user, doesn't know what constitutes spam or not. Fucking admit that your self-promotion blew in your face and stop the "oh, I'm only trying to help people, I didn't know, it's not my fault I pretend I don't know rules exist or that you can ask group admins," bull. A whole series of posts and you still failed to say anything other than "not my fault."

In your place, I'd talk to the admins if I had more to say rather than continue derailing a sticky thread. You know how to PM, right, or is that another one of the things you never did since 2012?

Yeah, see, this is where I'm gonna call it as a bunch of baloney. Not your brain fog, but how you use it as a cover for the spam. You didn't talk to anyone in that post—it was a generic mass message to advertise to the audience, and you had tagged basically everyone who has posted on this thread as of yet. So, if you didn't tag everyone here because you were trying to keep track of who you were talking to—which you didn't—then what other reason was there save for simply force the attention of as many people as possible?

Dude, you've been on the site since 2012. Stop insulting everyone by thinking us stupid enough to swallow the lie that a rabid group creator, group poster, and 8 year old user, doesn't know what constitutes spam or not. Fucking admit that your self-promotion blew in your face and stop the "oh, I'm only trying to help people, I didn't know, it's not my fault I pretend I don't know rules exist or that you can ask group admins," bull. A whole series of posts and you still failed to say anything other than "not my fault."

In your place, I'd talk to the admins if I had more to say rather than continue derailing a sticky thread. You know how to PM, right, or is that another one of the things you never did since 2012?

I’ll block you again, the person are you talking about is my friend, NO ONE tells my friends to f off

7397167 Well I discussed this with the site admins in the Discord server and many know that I struggle with certain things/ disabilities. A few said they could relate because they also have some things they struggle with.

I was able to get some good advice from the admins there, they were really nice and understanding. They gave me some good tips.

I hope you will have a very nice Christmas and holiday season. Many blessings to you. :)

Okay, you F off then. :rainbowlaugh:

A whole series of posts and you still failed to say anything other than "not my fault."

Look, if you don't want to actually apologize, fine. Personally, I won't die from the lack of it. But it would be better for you and the whole bang you've got going on if you got a basic understanding of when it's good to say "I apologize. This was not acceptable, it won't happen again," instead of... you know, laying things up to take the brunt. Everyone has issues. Even if one doesn't have disabilities he can still have personal issues that forgo them keeping some stuff in mind. But you don't see people putting up how tired they're from work, responsibilities they have, their sick child needing attention, as a wall to stop blame for their actions.

First it was that they are just resources. Then it was just an attempt to tell people what you do. Then it became your disabilities and seeing other people do it. And the whole time, don't forget, you've been a user here for 8 years! Nothing about this has been new!

I'm a dick, man. I know this. I'm way too blunt, and I tend to push buttons. I wholly own it. Call me a dick for that all day long. But what is happening here? You're being a bigger dick. More flowery, certainly, but you're heading for Logan Paul territory, man. Watch yourself because turning into a person you'd never actually wanted to be is super easy. It starts off by giving yourself reasons you're not to blame, usually.

7397171 Thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm glad you are my friend as well. Many hugs to you.

7397196 Well I wasn't aware that tagging a lot of people was against the site rules. I never saw that specifically listed anywhere but the site admins explained that it is a type of spam. I now understand that it would be considered spam but I have brain fog so hopefully I'll be able to keep people straight without being able to tag a lot of people.

I also wasn't aware that introducing yourself was considered spam if you do it in more than one group at a time but I now know that even the pinned threads count towards your limit of the day. Until yesterday I assumed it just counted for more forum posts but I learned something new.

I also never saw that specifically listed in the site rules so I was glad it was clarified.

I asked the site admins about other people posting introductions and promoting things under their introductions, that's why I decided to put promotion resources in my post because it seemed like it might help people who were promoting things in their introductions but the site admins said it's up to individual group owners to decide and people usually prefer that you don't promote things. So that's when they suggested I just post what I do and ask people to send me a message rather than posting the actual links.

So I learned a lot by asking them things in the Discord server. I'm glad they clarified the rules. :twilightsmile:

And you've been here since 2012, man. I'm here since 2015. How come I know this (and a whole lot of other people do) when I've never done any spam in my life but you supposedly don't? For god's sake, stop acting as if people are morons. Did everything mystically align so you'd miss knowing basic stuff that allowed you to self-promote? Do you think I missed how you didn't respond as to why you tagged everyone when there was no reason to, even with your brain fog, and instead put up the admins as a shield and a subject change? All that other stuff that you simply waved away?:facehoof:

7397279 I guess I just never specifically encountered those things here since 2012. But now I know. I'm glad that those rules were clarified. :heart:

Gotta hand it to her, man. She'd make a fine politician.

True. I haven't seen this kind of evasion since the time Goku mastered Ultra Instinct. :rainbowlaugh:

Well I did come up with a system where no one would ever have to pay taxes. But politicians like to steal your money so they'd probably try to kill me before I was even elected because I'm actually trying to help the American people and not sell us out to foreign powers. :0

Would this be a bad time to introduce myself...?
I hope not.
Just call me Eryn, and I have a passion for self-insert romance fics don't judge me, I am an aspiring writer so I try to learn from y'all, and I'm happy to be part of this group.:pinkiesmile:
I....dont really like conflict, I'm just kinda a neutral party, really.
I'm looking forward to chatting people, so feel free to PM.
And uh, can we like, try to patch things up with each other? I mean, it's a new year and all, I'm just... Tryna spread some positivity.:twilightsmile:
Anyway, cya all later, Happy New Year!:raritystarry:

Heh, I don't think there's anything like a bad time to introduce yourself, at least not in the context of this thread. There might be some real life situations where it might be quite awkward though.

And don't worry, things hardly ever get as heated as in that exchange above your comment. Just don't break the group or site rules, and all will be fine. :twilightsmile:

PS: Feel free to PM me if you want a simple chat or some writing advice. I'll try to help as best as I can, either by offering my insight or directing you to someone more knowledgeable.

Will do, kind sir!
I could use some advice, I'm trying to start writing a fic, but I could use a few pointers in the right direction.:pinkiesmile:
Very much appreciated, thank you!

You're welcome! I'm online most of the time, so just contact me whenever you need, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

A kind lady, actually, but I'm used to people mistaking me for a man, haha.

Oops.:twilightoops:
I might have been too assuming, sorry.:twilightsheepish:
Yep, I'll do so, but possibly later (cause where I'm from it's literally 1:24 AM) and I wanna hit the hay.

It's fine, really. I usually don't even correct it unless it's this direct.

Understandable, it's late evening for me. Just PM me when you're well-rested and ready to talk about stories. :twilightsmile:

Hi! I mostly write stories about tiny horses and get in trouble! :rainbowkiss:

A kind lady

What? :raritydespair: I thought you were a pony! You... you lied to me? :fluttershbad:

I thought you were a pony! You... you lied to me? :fluttershbad:

Hmm... I’m a lady pony that looks more like a dragon? :twilightsheepish:

A kind lady, actually, but I'm used to people mistaking me for a man, haha.

I still remember when you corrected me when I called you "dude." Haha.

Though I still call my female friends dude/guys in real life. Something about "hey, girls" and "dudettes" just sounds wrong :rainbowlaugh:

Welcome to the site/group :twilightsmile:

Whenever this happens, it always reminds me of this video. :rainbowlaugh:

Come on, give her a break guys, I agree

Hullo! My name is Jed and I'm really excited to get some of my work out there! I specialize in comedy and slice of life.

Hi, I'm Spooksi, been here for a while before completely changing up my profile after a hiatus. I hope to actually send out something this time, mediocre or otherwise, and to improve as a writer. :twilightsmile:

What is going on here?

I always thought Nazi sex gif guy was a worse spammer, but apparently they're one in the same from what I've been told. Glad that they haven't decided to spam since the last time. Then again, maybe I just missed it.

Ugh, don't mention that guy, we don't want to beetlejuice him back.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

We actually had a site spammer about two weeks ago, though it was one of these ones that was marginal enough that it took a minute for me to realise that it was site spam and not just a particularly bad post...

--sweetie Belle

Awww... I missed it?

Double awww. What was it? Fat Trixie? Nazi Gif?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Something about if Starlight Glimmer had been in town during Boast Busters? As I said, wasn't sure it was a site spammer until I realised it was in multiple groups and the account was new.

--Sweetie Belle

I feel like I remember that, vaguely. Doesn't sound like it stood out enough like Trixie or Nazi Gif. Shame.

Thanks for keeping us safe from spammers, SweetAi Belle.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem, though I'm not always online when it happens, and sometimes I miss it.

There's one group where people keep track of spammers open to the public I know of, alerts often get posted on private admin groups for some large groups, and there's a private group with admins from a few big groups it in that we usually alert each others to spammers in.

All you can really do when it happens is delete their spam, ban them from any groups they join, make sure other group admins do the same, and report the user to the site admins.

Fortunately, it seems like there are limits in place of how many groups you can join it 24 hours or such, and generally they just hit groups, and start joining and spamming every group in the list one by one...

--Sweetie Belle

Okay so my name is vincent789. But you can just call me Vincent. I currently am writing three stories that take a lot of work to make.
These stories are very important to me, but it was also thanks to writing that I am able to express myself much better.

I will not self-promote, I can do that another time. But these three books are important since I do my hardest to make these stories as close to literature and as far away as possible from the fanfiction trope. So each and everyone of them are a closed circle, which means their timelines are closed to themselves. Thus no other stories are connected to one another. However that doesn't mean I can't nod to each other. I just keep each story to themself.

Also I prefer to only use one main character, and ignore everything else. So in my case, I write Twilight Sparkle only stories. That way I can specialize myself in her format, instead of having to switch between characters constantly. Also I prefer Adventure/Action types, as I am reasonably good at combat scenes. I stay away from romance or clop. And I also enjoy writing Slice of Life and Comedy, even if I am terrible at it.

I refer to my fanfictions as 'fan' Fiction. Or 'Fim' Fiction. Like I said, I try to make my books as close as original as possible. To me, each character is an character with practically infinite possibility. Change interactions in their past and you have an unique timeline. And yes. All my books (besides one) are made from start to finish. So from filly to pony. I start at the beginning and end at the end of the story. I do not like to time-skip, at all. In fact it frustrates me to see people write a short introduction and then proceeds to time-skip. Or to time-skip in the middle of the chapter. If you are going to time-skip try to do this at the end or the beginning of the chapter.

Anyways I am very passionate about writing as I have now considered it my hobby. I consider this to be a very serious endeavor. Both writing as reading is super important. And a little reason as to why I started writing is due to the overwhelmingly high amount of good stories not being finished. This frustrated me to no end, which made me realize. If I want to see a story from beginning to end, I will have to write it myself! So I said to myself.

Anyways if you read it this far, seriously thank you.

--Vincent

Hello everypony, I'm That One Strange Fellow (although I have gone by other names, and if you frequently commented on EqD back in 2016 then you may remember who I am).

I first signed up for the website when I had a dream regarding an idea for a fan-fic back in 2017, although I didn't touch it until 2019 and never checked back in until early November 2021. I'm getting into amateur writing as a creative outlet for my overactive (and woefully unimaginative) imagination.

My favourite kinds of stories are power-fantasies (yeah, I have bad taste), romance, and feel-good stories although I have indulged in other themes (often involving darker topics). I am preferential to longer stories (50k+) with good story telling and world-building. I haven't published anything yet but I have already come up with ideas and have been working on them gradually over the past few weeks.

I hope to submit something to this site soon and look forward to seeing what other stories people come up with!

I'm a massive lurker than unlurked and started writing after about a decade of just consuming stuff after I got inspired by that shining, glorious citadel of the deepest creativity and philosophy that is 4chan. Sup.

I'm a late bloomer in the Pony fandom.

I'm also a writer who wants to get back into writing, so I'm writing my first Chrysalis story.

Greetings to anyone who finds this message, I am Commander Bradley, a fan of Science Fiction, Fantasy stories, MLP, and crossovers between the three.

I try to stay semi-active and am constantly balancing schoolwork, my social life, and the ADHD-powered story generator that is my brain.

I've already made several stories, one of which is still up on my profile, but had to cancel them all due to a combination of lack of inspiration, lack of free time, and the loss of a computer housing all my progress on said stories.

If anyone needs an idea for a MLP crossover with any of the following, DM me and I will (eventually) get back to you.

Franchises with currently unused crossover ideas:
StarCraft
Halo
Destiny (1 and 2)
Warhammer 40k
Space Battleship Yamato (Original and Reboot)
Dungeons and Dragons
XCOM series
Fallout series
Code Geass
Pokemon

Good night to you all, I am (the name in my profile) and I am looking forward to make community and discuss about different topics related to fanfiction writing in the context of MLP, evidently I like the MLP fim characters and dynamics and absolutely adore general fantasy and fiction, so I am looking forward to learn and share with this community any ideas or updates or discussions, wish you blessings.

Hello there to anyone, anypony, or any cosmic being from another dimension that just so happens to scroll to the end of this very long set of introductions and happens to find me.
I've been lurking here for a while and have finally decided to try and write something for once. So, yay...? Hopefully I'll finish this one story now that I've actually posted it. Though it'd probably be wrong for me to do any more discussion about what lead me to do that right now.
I genuinely have no idea why I got into the MLP franchise, nevermind started writing for it. I guess I just really liked the show, albeit that's probably true for most of the people here.
To be genuine, and I have no idea this is unique or not, I kinda will read, write, and probably enjoy just about anything really. I don't have anything in paticular I read or write, just kinda whatever I feel like.
Finally joined this group once I published something, as it would have felt weird to me had I joined without having something up on the sight.
Oh dear, I think I'm going to start rambling should I continue this any long.
Feel free to message me, I'm almost always happy to chat with people!
For anyone who was nice enough, curious enough, or just bored enough to read this not super connected introduction rant of mine, thank you.

Most of you probably already know me as the one who did the recent wave of Megan fanfics, and that's all I'm going to say to introduce myself.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 200