Scootaloo 2,570 members · 3,262 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I never got around to posting one of the threads when I posted the others, but it's not like we've needed it much yet.

This thread is for discussions about the group, things that need to be done, proposed changes, suggestions, things related to this group, and so on. It's primarily for the admins of the group, but if other ponies want to suggest changes here and discuss things about the group, that's ok too...

arcum42
Group Admin

Alright, well, it'd probably be a good time to discuss admin roles. DJ Garv posted a rough list of roles on the front page, which I modified, which currently looks like this:
• arcum42 -- Lead Admin & Boss
• CluelessFilly -- 2nd Lead Admin, Rule Maker/Enforcer, Contest Runner (possibly MIA)
• DJ GarV the Expert -- Story/Thread Overwatch, Rule Maker/Enforcer, Organizer, Contest Judge
• SweetAI Belle -- Thread Overwatch, PR
• temerarii pulsat -- Story Overwatch
• TheFineBrony -- Admin of Steam Group, Featured Section
• MagicalBrownie -- Founder, Retired Admin

First off, if anyone wants to make any changes to this, isn't sure what their position is, or wants to discuss what they are doing in the group, this is the thread.

Second, I'm going to need to make a modification. Clueless Filly hasn't been back to fimfiction in four weeks. I've sent her two pms during that period that she hasn't responded to. As such, while I'm not going to remove her administrative rights, I'm going to set her position to "Inactive Admin", and remove the job positions listed. If she comes back, we can see about shuffling them around at that point.

Of course this means we may need to assign her positions to someone else. Though, looking at the list, it seems like DJ Garv is doing most of them already anyways...

Comment posted by Rainbow87dash deleted Jun 5th, 2013
EnderPon
Group Contributor

If she does not come back, can I have permission to take her role as 2nd Lead Admin?
I will also take Contest Runner if she decides not to appear. Actually, I'll probably do it even if she does come back. :rainbowlaugh:
And what does "MIA" mean? I'm sure I should know this, but I don't.

arcum42
Group Admin

Go for it. I figured if you were judging the contest, you might want to run it, too. I gave an initial prompt, but since only one person ever showed possible interest, feel free to reboot it as much as you want.

And MIA is Missing In Action. She'd already been gone for a bit when the roles were posted. I'm just changing the 'possibly' to definitely. The PM I sent her last weekend said I'd be doing this if I hadn't heard back by this weekend, anyways...

And you've been effectively acting as 2nd lead admin, so that's fine.

arcum42
Group Admin

Incidentally, I'd really like this group to have periodically featured fanfics or recommended fanfics. I haven't wants to do that myself because there'd be a good deal of overlap with my featured fanfics in Twilight's Library. Would anyone be willing to come up with featured fanfics periodically. Or more than one person, potentially?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm just kinda taking the lead here and doing some stuff to straighten out the admin situation here, since the group's getting a bit more active, but the admins aren't, really. ThatFineBrony's last blog said he's mostly out of the fandom an' away from the site now, so I'm bumping him down to contributor.

Are you still planning on doing adminy things here? Or do you still want to, I mean?

--Sweetie Belle

EnderPon
Group Contributor

TBH I'm not as active here as I would like to be. Keep me as admin, since I do pop in from time to time with suggestions and stuff, but if you want to take the lead of everything here, feel free.
Just . . . any major changes, keep me in the loop.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, will do. The most major change I've made so far is bumping ThatFineBrony down and promoting Elric of Melnipony and Twilight-the-pony to admin. I'm thinking 'bout the whole "Best Stories" thing, but haven't decided anything yet...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The current admin list is now me, arcum42, RaylanKrios, and Scootaloo96, with MagicalBrownie listed due to being the founder. I removed Twilight-the-Pony and DJ Garv due to inactivity. Scootaloo96 hasn't been on for a few weeks, so hopefully I don't end up needing to remove them...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

And now I removed MagicalBrownie as the founder, and switched that over to me, so now he's not on the admin list.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I did do this to about 10 different groups, and you're in several of them...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Still no sign of Scootaloo96 since June 26th, and he hasn't been on Discord in months.

If you need anything regarding the official Discord server, you can ask me about it. If Scootaloo96 hasn't shown back up on fimfiction by the end of September, I'll go ahead and remove him from the admin list. Hope nothing's happened to him...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, Scootaloo96 is supposedly still out there someplace...

Not on fimfiction, though, so I'm bumping them down to contributor, and if Scoots shows up again, we can talk about adding them back.

--Sweetie Belle

Shame to hear it, but he did mention losing interest in MLP anyway.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah, I'm just kinda surprised that extends to his discord account too. Of course, he might have two accounts...

--Sweetie Belle

I am surprised by that too. Well hope he is ok.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18