Rainbow Dash Fan Club 715 members · 1,581 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I'm curious as to what you guys think Rainbow's Dads cutie mark is. To me it looks like a sword but my friend reckons it's a hammer.

I am also curious as to what you guys think he should be called as well Rainbow's mom, who I assume is this mare

I'm thinking he should have a heroic sounding name.

Rainbow might be a bit girlish but then again, Rainbow Blitz is a decent use of the word. It will all revolve around what his mark is. without that you can't begin to guess at his special talent unless you use RD as a base.

705471 Still, only a national hero could make something like Rainbow Dash.
I'm sticking to the idea he was a retired guard that proceeded to still be a local hero.

And he probably died punchmurdering an entire gang.

That would go well with his mark being a sword. To me it looks like a bronze coloured blade with blue wings as a cross piece, the same blue as Rainbow's coat. still can't think of a name that would match though

705499 Radiant Blade?
Magnificent Pommel?
Iridescent Claymore?

I have a big story in mind where the main six meets RD's father. He is a pegasus whose name is Don Chevalier. He wrote a bestselling noval called "The Many adventures of Don Chevalier" It is a special kind of book that Twilight won't admit that she knows and Pinkie calls her "fun book".
Anyway, Don Chevalier is libertine of the highest order "fillyniser" that have been with dosens of mares. He has the same sky-blue coat as Rainbow Dash, a red heart pieced by a golden arrow as a cutiemark and bright red hair.
Despite having been with literally hundreds of fillies he never beloved in love until he found that one mare that stole his heart, the single mare in all of Equestria that could match his every skill.

He has been with her several times, but for political reasons she has never wanted to openly acknowledge her relationship with him despite her bearing him a daughter.

The story is all about all about a secret that RD holds that Twilights stats to unravel when he starts to talk about his special mare's snow-white coat her agile wings and all the things she can do with her horn.

That sounds pretty good. But if we include what was shown in the new episode, your idea is kinda pushed away from canon, if you wanted it to be canon that is. To keep it cannon you could say that the figure in the clip was not her dad but maybe an uncle.

It can be anyone I don't care and S03E13 don't really fit anywhere with this fic anyway.
This idea was thought of long before that I just need to get it written. By the way can you think of the identity of that stole his heart and is RD's mother. I will give you a small hint, she is only with him when she is in heat and at these times her mane turns bright clear pink.

I want to say Neon Pink, but I have a feeling that won't be it.
[edit]
And from what you described, I picture an alicorn but there are no white alicorns other than Celestia. Oh dear

Oh come on I didn't really makes this difficult did I. White coat, wings and a horn, her mane turns pink when in heat, she has an important job and can't acknowledge her relationship to him for political reasons, oh and as an extra hint, she is bigger then most other ponies.
Also as you may have noticed I am kind of the president of "Alicorn Rainbow" Dash fanclub.

The story is about how embarrassed RD is of her father, and a secret she can't let anypony know as it would ruin her dream of making something of herself on her own.

It was difficult untill I re-read your other post I made it easier for myself. I could see that story being a comedy and I believe, if done right, could be an amazing story. But that's where the problem lies.

I have thought about the angels for it and I do plan to write on it, when I am finished with my other project which believe me I am working on, I just need the new version of chapter one and the chapter two to be properly proffread before posting.
Anyway, problem do you see in this story, or story idea. I do plan to make it a little more light hearted, but I still think that it will be too serious to be a comedy, slice-of-life tag will properly be more accurate.

I guess, I can still picture RD meeting her dad and see him really embarrassing her in front of her friends. But just those scenes would not make the story as a whole a comedy. still, it sounds like a good idea and I will definitely read it when you start it.

Well can you imagine how it would be for her to have a father whose special talent is picking up mares and has made a fortune writing erotic novels based on his own exploits. (It should be mentioned that the books he wrote was the reason why she had such a hatred for everything written).
Also as he meets her friends he can't help but flirt with them, all five of them, at the same time. All of them except Spike, thinks he's a real charmer.
No it is diffidently part of the the fic that her father embarrasses her to Tartarus another is the whole alicorn thing, but I havn't really figured out how to end it, and that's a problem.

you could always go the clichéd way and have the two of them make up, or maybe he gets an angry mob to chase him away because the mares realise what he is doing to them all.

You know, a way I thought about it was that they actually meet in the train. Rainbow and Twilight is on their way to Canterlot for, some reason, I don't know how much that have to be explained. but on the train Rainbows dad Don Chevalier recognises her, and then starts to embarrass her in front of Twilight, gradually revealing things he shouln't have. immediately that she is a komtesse* but later much more.

*A komtesse is the unmarried daughter of a count, it properly should be mentioned by now that her father is a count he has a small fiefdom known as "Awesomevale" (that's at least what he calls it)

and awkward hilarity ensues. Mind you, Rainbow is more than likely to get angry at her dad for mentioning this.

Yes and the train is better for two reason.
First it makes the time natural limited
Second it gives all three ponies a reason for being there
third. :pinkiecrazy::ajbemused::raritycry::fluttershbad: isn't really relevant for the story. In ancient Greece only three actors were ever allowed on stage at once, I think that is a good rule, as it becomes difficult to keep an interaction going with more then three persons.

I dubbed him Spectrum. I believe his cutie mark is just a simple rainbow lightning bolt. I base this on how it is shaped and pointed. For his name, it only makes sense that he be Spectrum, as it falls under the 'Rainbow' category. If I were to choose a full name: Spectrum Light. This is just my viewpoint until we get a confirmation from Hasbro on what his name is, and his cutie mark.

although, including rarity might be interesting to see if she would start treating RD any differently because of her class in society. But I agree that somewhere between 3-5 main characters are the limit for a scene, 5 would be pushing it a bit, otherwise it would just get too confusing.

I know, Rarity would be interesting. A komtesse is part of the aristocracy but of course far less then a princess or an alicorn. On the other hand Pinkie is always good for comic relief but I think it would be better to follow the Greeks golden rule of 3. It will still make plenty of awkward moments.

The fic ends when they reach Canterlot, but a lot can happen on a two hour trip.

although they have not specifically said he is her father, in the new episode you can see RD as a filly sitting on a stallions back.

you can't make out any details on his mark here, but I think it's safe to assume that he is RD's dad. But I can see how this could look like a rainbow bolt, its just a shame you can't really make out the colours.

that is a definite truth. I still think it would be fun to watch him get chased out of the train by an angry mob, possibly envious stallions. I am interested in how you will do this.

Actually... Looking at that picture, it's a rainbow waterfall. Like that in Rainbow Dash's house. So, I can now assume it has something to do with the Rainbow Factory (whether it be someone who mixes the spectrum, or not, I don't know). Also, I didn't mean to come off that I didn't believe it was her father. I believe it is her father, I just wanted to dub him, in my canon, as Spectrum Light until his name is given.

again, that's another new option on his talent. It's just a shame his wing is covering the top of it, it has quite a lot of things it could be.

Well I think it's about time I left for the night.

Bye guys.

I think Rainbow's mom is Firefly from g1

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28