Pony Warfare 2,303 members · 1,530 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Silverstein
Group Admin

Hey guys, I think I just found something cool that you might like.

E: TW fans, this is for you!

First, click on this link

Find the comment "Four Speeches". Look at the date. Read them....seem familiar?

Now...I only remember reading two or three of those speeches. If you guys wanted to know what emkajji wanted to do with E:TW then...

Read that last speech...hopefully this gives you guys a little closure. :fluttercry:

In the Pony Fiction Archive, emkajji mentions that this comic was the one that inspired the story. My friends, you are looking at history. This is the birthplace of Equestria: Total War.

If you are wondering how I found this, I'm an Intel Analyst in real life so I guess it's in my nature to snuff shit like this out. It's like I'm reading a piece of history, corny I know, but its the truth. I think you guys deserved to know about this.

And who says Military Intelligence is always bad?

Silver out!

Hell, I remember Equestria: Total War! It was such a great story. Too bad it never got finished though. :fluttershysad:

Silverstein
Group Admin

Did you read all four speeches I linked? I think that the last one is the kicker...

Silver out!

1063317 No, I only read the last one. I'm too lazy to read them all. :twilightblush:

Silverstein
Group Admin

Well...there's your closure. All that I could get anyway.

Silver out!

Oh my god, my dear god... at last I see some kind of ending of this story. Its not a full end, but at last I've got a hint. Now I can drink my beer and go sleep in peace. Damn you Silver you made my day !
Shame on that I probably never know how Ditzy died ( oh why, why :fluttercry: ) and what about rest of mane 6.....
( a several tears fall out of my eyes :pinkiesad2:)

I owe you one!

Silverstein
Group Admin

Even though there are still blanks to fill in, at least we now know how it was supposed to end. :fluttercry:

Silver out!

"Even though there are still blanks to fill in" Yes there are. Damn I want to see that last battle. Ahh I started to feel same way when I was reading this and discovered that it's not ended... it's the same pain , same wound.

I don't know why but it's only story that I am so strongly connected; I still want to reread it and still I love it, no other story managed to do this to me.

1063295 But but but.. :applecry:
At least we know an ending, *sob* WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS :raritydespair:
I'm listening to 'the misty mountain cold' when I'm reading the 4 speeches, and well it somehow just fit perfectly, I'm going to lay down and cry now...

Story of my life.
( Sitting in job it's around 5:30 pm )
Ahh break time.. need some coffee. Coffee is ready and I head to balcony. "Nice weather we have today hmm" ( taking a sip of coffee ). Looking at red car below. "Hmm need to visit gas station, this little guy want to eat.. I need to invest my money at bicycle or something.." ( taking another sip ). (Looking at sun that slowly start to fade out of horizon). (Taking a sip). "..." .(Taking another sip). What the hell happened at Mount Kali'gryph ?!

To be honest, that last speech by dinky made more questions than answers. There must be something somewhere, any hints, anything. When I read first time E:TW things was shitty I dont know what happen later etc, but now its getting worse because I know how war will end and that Ditzy will die at the end. But I don't know anything about rest... I don't really know is reading those four speeches was good idea... Some time ago someone mentioned that he really want to read E:TW but he avoid it like plague because of this lack of ending. I must agree with that person, when I was reading that masterpiece I feel something really cool but after... I have read E:TW over 4 months ago and I still keep looking at story page in hope to see another chapter. Damn it is really a plague.

For convenience:

Four Speeches.

Ponyville. March, 1252. Derpy Hooves, to a town hall meeting discussing the possibility of raising a militia to defend the town from the Gryphon invasion.

"I heard them say, 'we never asked for this war.' I heard them say, 'we only want to live in peace.' I heard them say, 'let others fight, for we will flee and find peace.' Hmph. Guess what? I never asked for this eye. I only wanted to live in peace. And believe me, I wanted to run away from you scornful bastards who made my life a torment day in and day out. But I learned you can't run from what fate's given you. Fate gave me this eye. And fate gave us this war. Run from the gryphons now, and that's what we'll be. Runners. And runners never...stop...running. There will be no peace. There will be no safety. There will only be running, from now until the day your children drop dead in a dusty ditch. You want peace? Then follow me. And *earn it.*"

Northern borderlands. August, 1253. Brig. Gen. Hooves, to the Equestrian Army of Gryphonia.

"Ponies! Our fur is tattered; our hooves are split. We are without food. We are without blankets. We are without sleep. Our endurance has been heroic, but endurance alone can bring us nothing. Celestia owes us everything, but Celestia can give us nothing. The time has come to take our reward. Today we stand before the Gryphon army. Behind us are our charred homes and our desolate farms. Before us are fertile fields, great cities, and revenge for our dead. All that stands in our way is an army of beaked slaves. Until now they have fought only the weak and unarmed. They think us the same. Soldiers of Equestria! Today we bring war to the enemy! Today we bring honor to ourselves! Today we bring victory to Celestia! Fight, and take from that swarm of thieves that which has been stolen--that which you deserve!"

Foot of Mount Kali'gryph. October, 1253. Maj. Gen. Hooves, to the 3rd Pegasus Lancers.

"Ponies! We have fought and won six battles in as many weeks. Two gryphon armies have been shattered. Thousands of the enemy have been taken prisoner; tens of thousands more lie dead in their fields. We have crossed mountains and rivers. We have taken cities. We have met a dozen impossibilities, and a dozen times we have redefined what is possible for a pony to do. Yet what we have done so far is nothing compared to what we must now do. We stand at the foot of Mount Kali'gryph. 40 centuries of tyranny look down upon you. The undefeated Immortal Guard looks down upon you. The Gryphon King looks down upon you. In the valley below, our brothers and sisters are currently waging a frontal assault on the land route. Their casualties will be high. Their sacrifice is given willingly, for it will enable you to end this war this very hour. The gryphons have numbers and altitude. But they are unaware of our coming. This is a battle fought on our terms, at the moment of our choosing. And we have never--we will never--lose such a battle. I myself will lead the charge. I myself will carry our banner. Stay with me. Fight with me. And live or die, you will become immortal, for ponies will say of you, from our celebrations tonight until the end of the world, 'She fought with the 3rd Lancers.'"

Canterlot. October, 1263. Dinky, second Duchess Hooves, to the Grand Galloping Gala.

"Ahem. I've...been asked to say a few words. As we all know, it has been ten years since peace has been won. Our farms have recovered. Our towns again prosper. Colts and fillies fill our classrooms and our dinner tables. To the north, the Gryphonic Republic, once home to our oldest enemies, is now our closest trade partner and our dearest ally. Ten years ago, I lost a mother. And ten years ago, Equestria gained one, for it was through her that our homeland was reborn. I am not comfortable speaking in front of you today, for I am called her daughter. Though I loved her dearly, nopony at this ball--including me--could be worthy to share her name. Her family was the Equestrian Army of Gryphonia, and it is they--and not me--who should be honored here. And it is the 3rd Pegasus Lancers--and not me--who should share in the title she won at Mt. Kali'gryph. I appreciate that you wish to honor my mother, and I have come to thank you, but if that is your wish, do not honor me. Go through the towns and farms of Equestria. Ask where the veterans of Kali'gryph live. And give them your thanks, your gold, your honor, and your service, for it is they who embody all my mother was. Thank you."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11