Humans falling in love with ponies. 6,063 members · 2,411 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Twifan
Group Admin

-September 2016 update-

Update: There is now a folder for Humanized Ponies X Ponies stories!
A folder has been dedicated to Humanized Ponies/Equestria Girl stories dealing with being with a pony. Not a second humanized pony, but their normal pony self. Basically, it requires one person to be "human" and one person to still be a pony to count for this folder.

Equestria Girls story are now accepted in the "humanized" folders. Our requirements are that the "human" from the Equestria Girls universe knows they are in a relasionship with a pony from Equestria (be they turned into a human, or remaining as a pony). This means we allow fics dealing with Sunset Summers and The Dazzlings. This also means we know accept the OTP of Rainbow Dash being shipped with her Equestria Girls "human" self.

Stories dealing with 'humanoid' aliens with a relasionship with a pony are accepted in the Crossover folder only. All other folders require the human to be fully human before they showed up in Equestria.

Alternate character personalities belong with the original character.
Alternate versions of characters, such as Nightmare Moon or Nightmare Rarity, go with their alternate self (in this case, where Luna normally goes, or where Rarity goes). This goes for Fan made alternate personalities.

You can only have one story in a folder, so choose which folder you feel best describe the story you are submitting. All sub folders will have the fics show up in the main folder.

Everyone folder: Stories that have a content rating for everyone, and are not Parodies or Crossovers.

Contains "Like the show" for ponies and others being like the main show. "Anthro" for stories dealing with anthro ponies, and "Humanized" for humanized ponies and Equestria Girls story.

Teen- A Folder made for Teen rated stories that are not Crossovers or Parody.

Sub folders are:
Mane six: For stories dealing with a relasionship between a human and one of the mane six cast.

School foals: Stories dealing with a relasionship between the CMC (aged up or not) or any other ponies of the same age.

Tagged Ponies: Stories dealing with ponies who have a character tag on FimFiction.

Other Ponies: Stories dealing with ponies who don't have a character tag on FimFiction, but are still cannon for the show.

Non-Ponies: For anyone in the show that is considered not a pony, but is still part of the cannon. OC non-ponies go in the OC folders.

OC Stories: Stories of ponies made up outside the show and comics.

Herd/Harem: Stories with a human having multiple relationships with different ponies.

"It's complicated": For all the stories that don't feel like they fit anywhere else.

Mature- A Folder made for Mature rated stories that are not parodies or crossovers.

Contains similar folders to the Teen, plus a few bonus ones:

Farm Ponies: For pony characters who are typically known to work on a Farm. Applejack still belongs in Mane six folders. Applebloom still belongs in the School foals folder. Babs also belongs in the School foals folder.

Royalty: For pony characters who are royalty. Princess Twilight still counts as Twilight and belongs in the Mane Six folders.

Herd/Harem/Threesome+: Stories dealing with having multiple relasionship with different ponies, or a human simply having lots of sex with different ponies.

Note that some folders have a Anthro version, and some are listed as Pony for normal Ponies. And all Sub Folders stories will automatically show in the main folder! :yay:

Crossovers: For stories dealing with Crossovers "humans" X ponies. Sub folder sorted by rating.

Parody: Parody stories about Humans with Ponies. Not to be taken seriously. Sub folders sorted by rating.

Twifan
Group Admin

The Clarification reply (leaving space to edit the above message should such things change). Images loading below!

What do we mean by 'Pony', 'Anthro', 'Humanized'/what kind of stories should go in them?
To illistrate these three, I will be using pictures of Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and Spike. Three very different Equestrian creatures to get the point across.

For Ponies, while we do use the word 'Pony' what we actually mean is that stories that has a human having a relationship with someone from Equestria in the style of the show. The characters could have changed in someway, but so long as it's still the style shown in the MLP show, its goes in the Pony Folder.

Thus Rainbow Dash would be something like:

Gilda would be:

And spike would be :

(But possibly a bit older)

Yeesh. Wouldn't that be a difficult relationship to overcome. :twilightoops:

Anthro folders are for fics dealing with that get the tag "Anthro" to them. Typically these fics have the characters remain their normal species selves, but have gain a few more 'human' quality. Such as hands, or the ability to stand on two hooves/feet.

Thus Rainbow Dash would be something like:

Gilda would be as:

And Spike would be this:

Which admittedly is kind of hard to tell the difference sometimes.... :unsuresweetie:

Finally is the 'Humanized' folders. We all know what humans look like. This group is about shipping them with characters of MLP! But are we now shipping Humans with Humans? Not quite.

The Humanization folders are for stories dealing with the characters from mlp being told as 'humans'. I have quotes around the word 'human' as to qualify for this group they still have to be considered aliens. No 'I'm dating Rainbow Dash who is this girl in my class' stories here. We want the 'I'm dating Rainbow Dash who is this freaky blue skin girl with wings from another world' fics. Such fics may be tagged just human, or sometimes get tagged "Anthro" due to peoples reaction of a character looking completely normal except THEY HAVE A TAIL, thus people complain they must be tagged Anthro. Tailed, wings, and horn humanization stories are all welcomed here!

Thus Rainbow Dash would look like (without wings):

Gilda would look like:

And Spike could look like (with bonus Rarity on Horned Humanization):

Hopefully this has cleared up some confusion on that part.

Relationship is misspelled on the main page and this post as "relasionship". Just a heads up.

Out of curiosity... what about stories that deal with jumps between multiple relationships?

Like, say, one moment we're dealing with Derpy and Doctor Hooves, then later on we turn the focus to Spike and Rarity? Would that have to go in the "It's Complicated" folder, or the Herds/Harem folder?

Twifan
Group Admin

It's focused on the relationship with the Human in the story. Any other relationship in the story outside the one involving a human are not considered in the folder sorting.

4292592 What if the story also has multiple humans, though? I'm mostly asking because I'm unsure where I should put my Equestria AD story. :twilightblush:

Twifan
Group Admin

Ah. In that case, is the story focused on a single human in a relationship with mention of other humans as well, or focused on all the relationships. If it is focused on one relationship, then it is sorted by that relationship alone. If it is focused on all the relationships, it is a "It's Complicated" story.

Herds/Harem would be if all those humans were in the same relationship with the same ponies.

Kay, thanks! Yeah, it's focused on all the relationships, lol. Guess "It's Complicated" it is, then! :twilightblush:

I wish I had muscles like the purple spike up there.:fluttershysad:

It's going to be very difficult to remember those rules. I'll be okay though. Respect the 'stache.:moustache:

Where would an anime show (like Naruto Shippuden) go if it has the ponies trapped inside the show and they have to find a way out? Say Naruto accidentally comes with to Equestria, and everything turns anthro until the Mane 6 bring him back to his world. Where would that go?

Twifan
Group Admin

Anime Crossover would go to Crossovers folder..

Thanks a bunch!:twilightsmile:

This story is going to knock your socks off!:rainbowdetermined2:

Checking before I post, but is it okay to post a story if the human in question has been turned into a pony?

Twifan
Group Admin

Yes, as long as the story involves others learning the human is not a pony (even if it happens later in the story). Otherwise, it is kind of pointless for humans to be involved at all.

If it is a mature rated story, we have a folder made specifically for those kinds of stories: " Ponified Human with Pony".

Question on the 'canon' vs. OC--if it's a canon character but not G4, does she count as an OC or a canon character without a tag?

Twifan
Group Admin

If it is not of the official "Friendship is Magic" show, it counts as an OC. This includes characters such as the ones the main six were suppose to be before they were forced to be changed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16