I Hate Equestria Daily 642 members · 641 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Hey, I know these threads have been inactive ever since FIMFiction did the whole thing where they didn't show thread updates in the messages. But oh well, if someone responds to this one it would be great.

So I have a question. Do the people who are story moderators at Equestria Daily hold grudges and remember people who have criticized them, therefore being less likely to accept later fictions they submit? I'm just asking because, well, I know a while ago I said some mean things about them. I called them hypocritical horsefuckers because they rejected my earlier fic, "Jon Lajoie in Equestria," on the sheer basis that they didn't think Jon Lajoie was funny. Okay, maybe I didn't say those exact words, but I meant it at the time. I was very angry.

Recently I tried to submit my fic, Of Night and Stone, to their site. It had (and still has) great FIMFiction ratings, many fans, and does a crossover that almost nopony else had done before: Gargoyles and MLP. They got back to me a few weeks after, and didn't accept it, but also didn't give any reasons for accepting it. I don't know why they did that, hence my theory that they remember me saying those things about them and therefore hold a grudge.

Of course, there are probably other reasons. One could be that they had a lot of submissions and didn't have time to give me specifics on why they didn't get to mine. That's what they said the reason was, at least. Another could be that maybe none of them had seen the TV show Gargoyles and therefore didn't know anything about my crossover, which is a stupid reason but makes some sense.

Eh, I'm rambling now. Basically, this goes back to my first question. Do the guys at Equestria Daily hold grudges? Post your thoughts.

-Kirb

PS: Alexstrazsa, if you see this, it would be nice to have your input, with you working for EQD and all. Also I'm sorry about calling you those names like two years ago, though you've probably forgot about it by now.

3427381 Wow, a response within one minute of my posting? This group is more active than I thought! :pinkiehappy:

I'm what you call "A Group Necromancer"

3427398 Ah.

Hm, now I wonder if anyone else will respond.

3427378 To be fair, I think we all hold grudges at some level. I don't know the inner workings of Equestria Daily, since I never go there as I highly prefer the community here than there, so I can't comment on their approval process.

No, they only hold it against you. The rest of us are published on EqD with their highest honors. :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Seriously, though, it wouldn't surprise me if they did, though not intentionally. As 3427672 stated, we all hold grudges to a degree, and they color our biases to various amounts.

Seriously though, nice comment.

3427672 Good point. Hell I kinda still hold a grudge against them! (Here's to hoping they don't have mafia connections who are heading to my location at this very minute! )

3427679 I suppose. Still, I wouldn't put it past them to hold a grudge.

3427958 Do be careful about their connections. They're trained in gorilla warfare. :trollestia:

They're trained in gorilla warfare. :trollestia:

Gorilla? You mean like this band?

3428006 I was referring to an infamous, albeit foul mouthed, copypasta, but I do remember that band.

3428010 Oh yeah, now I know what you were talking about. :twilightsheepish:

Yip

I know I hold grudges against Blueshift and Alexstrazsa for being stupid. But that's just me.

As well you should.

No, pre-readers don't hold grudges, except in cases where someone's behavior is so egregious that they've been banned from submitting stories altogether. If a particular pre-reader has soured on a particular author, he just won't take that author's stories from the queue. Another pre-reader will. Back in the spring, we went to a yes/no system. Basically, we've traded speed for depth. We don't have time to give specific feedback, but turnaround times are half what they used to be. You can reply to the email and request clarification, and the pre-reader may or may not respond. But with every rejection, there are links included to reviewing groups who are well qualified to tell you how to improve your story. Doing so is the whole point of their existence, so take advantage of their services.

Wow, I'd forgotten to check this group ever since the group notifications changed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15