Fan/fic/ Theater 3000 336 members · 144 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I was gonna post this on the Archive's FiMFiction group, but the message probably wouldn't carry since there's only about 6 others besides myself on there. :/ So, I decided to post it here instead: We really ought to get some more staff. Fallen Prime is already on board, twow443 recently asked to be staff as well (which I've granted), and I've also extended an offer to y2kbrony, but I also want to know if anyone else hailing from F/F/T3K would want to contribute.

It's a trust-based position, so by allowing a member here to be an editor, I'm taking a bit of a gamble. Yet the site can't grow very much at all if there isn't anyone -- someone -- to be around and help manage things. So, in a nutshell, the MLP/MST Archive looking for new staff.

Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring site-hosted riffs are kept up-to-date, and adding newer ones that aren't already on the site (like from MPPT3K, F/F/T3K, MET3K, etc...).
- Managing and moderating the forum/news blog.
- Adding riffs that are submitted to the Submission Box as they come in.
- Other random stuff that'll get added as I think of them. :P

I'm pretty lax when it comes to rules, and guidelines, and whatnot, so the only thing I ask is to treat this position as you would a kitten: with tender loving care. Or something. If you're interested, then please, let me know in this thread. I'll give out instructions from there.

Fallen Prime
Group Admin

802595 I asked RatherHomely about it last night. He said he'd have to think about it, but he didn't sound entirely hopeful. Silver lining, though: we have his blessing to add the MPPT3K riffs directly onto the site.

About those, too... should we put most of the guest submissions in the "Other/Misc" section? Six of those are mine, and if I finally make those subsections for NaturalGlitch and Atlas_Nebula, it's paving the way for further redundancy.

802607 From what I know of, RatherHomely is rather busy (oh god the pun) with school and stuff at the moment, so if he can't do it then I'll completely understand. (would be pretty cool if he could though, 'cuz he's awesome and stuff.) Still, it's great to hear that he gave us the "OK" for putting MPPT riffs on the archive! :D Be sure to pass along my thanks to RH. :raritywink:

As for moving the guest submissions: yes, yes we should. Once sections for NG and Atlas are made, we can just "migrate" some of the guest riffs done by them under their new subsections. (It would save us the trouble of making new pages and all.) Those other random guest submissions that don't belong to any other group on the site can all be filed under Other/Misc, and ones we don't need can simply be deleted. I might get around to it later, if I have time.

Fallen Prime
Group Admin

803578 I have the Glitch and Atlas pages set up, sans banners. IT BEGINS.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4