The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,179 members · 319 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 76

The title says it all.
Mine would be Monster by Skillet.

Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold

4014855 Ha ha...like Nightmare Moon...

Hold on, I gotta go listen to that song real quick.

4014875 I'm back.
A) Our headcanons are quite different.
B) I find it intriguing that the rhythm guitarist was left-handed.
C) THAT SONG FUCKING SUCKED.

I disapprove of the way you are speaking about my favorite song.

4014889 Well, I can see why you WOULD like it. It has that classic metal feel to it, and the lyrics are nice. I, however, detest most songs that are/sound like they're from the 80s, with very few exceptions such as a few Queen songs.

When it comes to that kind of general genre, I personally am a fan of the newer, power-chord stuff: Nu metal, hard rock, alternative, etc.

In my headcanon, Nightmare is more of a victim of circumstance. She never wanted a war, and she never wanted to be at odds with her sister. So this song seems fitting to me.

4014903 I like Breaking Benjamin, but TDG's damn close to my favorite band.

Also, if I were to choose a 3DG song to pertain to my headcanon, it would be Animal I Have Become. But then again, it and Monster are about almost the exact same thing...

Hmm... maybe this song?

Animal I have Become was gonna be my second choice:rainbowkiss:

4014915 PERFECT.
The only other BB song I would chose for this is Dear Agony.

My headcanon is that Nightmare was a manifestation of Luna's negative emotions, and after the two were separated in the series premiere, a lot of those emotions dissipated, and Nightmare lost her wings, her horn, her cutie mark, and finally realized what she had done, and thus ended up hating herself for it.

I had a thing for Avenged Sevenfold back in the day. Then I found other bands like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. Now I can't stand them.

My three picks, in no specific order, would be Destroyer by Static X, Archangel by Elena Siegman, or Sail by Devildriver. Yes, I know Sail is an AWOLNATION song, but I honestly prefer Devildriver's cover of it better.

I have heard of exactly none of those

4014926 I like both Breaking Benjamin's and Lacuna Coil's covers of the song "Enjoy the Silence" better than the original by Depeche Mode.

4014931 YES.

However, when it comes to songs like that, in which the song itself is a dedication to soldiers, I try not to ponified it, since I feel like I'm disgracing the soldiers by comparing them to ponies.

And I do have my own headcanons form those kind of songs. Example, my headcanon of how Chrysalis feels about her changelings would be fitted by the BB song Into The Nothing, which was a dedication to the soldiers of America.

4014936 Devildriver isn't very mainstream, Elena Siegman isn't a band, she simply recorded most of the music for Black Ops Zombies, and I am slightly surprised by you not knowing Static X, but it is understandable. However, you must know, Wayne Static (The lead singer for Static X) had the most amazing hair I've ever seen

I don't believe the song itself is dedicated to soldiers. That's just what the person who posted the video wanted to do with it.
FFDP seems to take a heavy anti-war stance in their music.

4014953 B.O. Zombies?

You mean she composed the song Abracadavre?!

I SUBMIT.

4014955 Oh. Got it. Either way, it fits my headcanon almost as good as Monster.

Speaking of which, isn't it cool how the lead singer for Skillet is also the bassist? I've never seen that in a band before.

Interesting.
I used to be quite fond of Skillet; for quite a while they were my favourite bad. But I got kinda bored of their sound after a couple years, and have since moved on to heavier groups like FFDP.

4014960 Yeah. Abracadavre is one of my favorites, along with Beauty of Annihilation.

4014967 I listened to my first Skillet song, "The Last Night," years ago, but I'm only just now getting into them. So far, I've only heard three of their songs: Monster, The Last Night, and Whispers In The Dark, all of which are very good songs that fit my NMM headcanon.

Oh I haven't listened to Whispers in the Dark in ages... I'm so gonna listen to that now.

Are you in the Metal Bronies group?

4014970 Beauty of Annihilation is my favorite by far. I didn't really like 115; the lyrics made me uncomfortable for whatever reason, but the intro is badass.

4014978 No. I did, however, start my own group called Breaking Benjamin Bronies, which is a group for fans of MLP and Breaking Benjamin.

I'm an admin for Metal Bronies. You should join up. Don't let the name fool you; we welcome fans of all forms of rock and metal:twilightsmile:

WARNING! MASSIVE HEADCANON INCOMING! DUCK IN COVER!
God, that IS a good question. Well, first song that comes to mind is:

But that's probably because I've been listening to it A LOT as of late.

4014978 I remember when I first listened to it, the explosion of music that came after the piano at the beginning made me have a bigger eargasm than a bass drop. And when I watched the music video, I saw John (the lead singer) spin his bass around his body, catch it, and immediately begin playing again, and it made me eyegasm.

...I know you from somewhere:trixieshiftright:

4014987 Eh. It's too positive for my headcanon. Mine is fit by negative songs. Also, I just kinda don't like that song.

I typically don't listen to 'happy' songs. I prefer a good heavy bass riff over a happy tune any day:rainbowkiss:

4015000 *Fabulous voice*

We are SO in sync!

I could say the same of you. Whatever happened to that mysterious NMM avatar of yours?

Which one? I've had many:derpytongue2:

Well, I love you too. :trollestia:
Well, my Nightmare Moon spent 1000 years being reformed by Winter, and was separated from Luna whilst still on the moon, making the events of Nightmare Moon's Return one of the biggest charade's ever!

The one with NNM peeking from behind her wing with a smile on her face? I think it was your most recent one.

Oh no. That was back in late October, early November. Been quite some time since I used that one.

4015016 My Nightmare Moon spent six hundred years afraid to show her face to Luna, the next four hundred trying to make eternal night for Luna, the month after that hating herself for what she did to Luna, and the rest after that, I wrote in a story.

4015061 READ IT.

You'll know my headcanon, and it'll give me another storyview.

That all you care about, how many people view their stories? I consider that mentality the ultimate form of ignorance and stupidity, just so you know.

4015076 I don't care so much about the view as what you think of the story. I kinda wanted you to review it so I could take the advice and better my skills. The "I'll get another storyview" was intended to be humorous.

And no, I don't read my story for more views. Is that even possible?

If so...

I FOUND THE HAXABLE HAX

Well, I find it quite heart-warming, and almost a tear-jerker....if I hadn't bullies for years, then it would've been.
Overall, I did like the premise and they way you did it. Very nice. It's making me consider rewriting my headcanon, not changing it, but refining it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 76