/fic/ception 83 members · 272 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Grif
Group Admin

Righto. So sorry for leaving this group to moulder and such.

But hell, better late than never, right? So guises. Ideas. What do in this group?

Filler
Group Admin

We write stories. Stories about technicolor ponies.

And plug the /fic/ boards and #fic more, I guess.

Roan
Group Contributor

We should have a clearer message. I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Ezn
Group Contributor

We should make more threads to review stories. Seattle had a good idea with that one – let's read each other's stories and get a proper roundtable discussion going!

And folders might be nice, but I dunno what kinds.

Pav Feira
Group Contributor

Suddenly, new /fic/ story notifications! Hundreds of them!

alexmagnet
Group Contributor

Oh, man. I thought this group was deader than my dead grandmother.

Well... cool, I'm glad it's not. But, uhh, what exactly are we doing here? I like Ezn's idea of a roundtable discussion. I'm always up for reviewing/talking about more fics.

Soundslikeponies
Group Contributor

Could start by making folders of different genre's for us to put our fics in and then encouraging known /fic/ goers to drop their stories off there.
Someone or maybe even a couple people could take it upon themselves to just start discussion threads, either asking a question to prompt discussion, a write up on some topic to give people advice, or a written review of someone's work.
Just some thoughts.

Grif
Group Admin

Hear, hear, this one. I was ashamed I didn't quite see Seattle's review of my own story. :ajbemused:

The first thing to do would be to decide on how to categorise the folders. Sorting by tags seems like the easiest, but would be kind of redundant to begin with. Other ways to sort these out would be to perhaps go by quality, or we could sort them out based on whether the author wishes for reviews or comments or somesuch.

I don't know. Rambling at this point.

But yes! Roundtable discussions. Let's pick a fic and go, go, go.

Soundslikeponies
Group Contributor

I think we could start by just adding genre folders and then add 'review' 'discuss' 'critique' or whatever folders later. You can add a story to multiple folders, ya know. Just add tag folders for now.

Grif
Group Admin

Good plan. Adding now. Sorting will be done when I feel like it. :ajsmug:

sklafjdslkj
Group Contributor

Here, we watch livestreams of kittens. On a serious note, round tables would be nice, but for the love of Trixie let them know.

Grif
Group Admin

Well, the group wasn't exactly serious to begin with. So! What I envision is something more of a casual discussion type where we could offer comments on selected stories and such. You know, more of a place where we read each other's works and help out.

Those desiring for a more formal review could always hop to P-Chan/MLPChan.

Grif
Group Admin

Alright. Time for tag shuffling. Expect a bazillion notification while this is being done.

Pav Feira
Group Contributor

All these notifications this week.... This must be what it feels like to be a popular writer :rainbowkiss:

OmegaPony11
Group Contributor

Or being with the writers group and not checking with your notifications.

I suppose I can resume my "The Good, the Bad, and the What" reviews again. Will see what I want to look at next...

As for upcoming stuff... I dunno. I'll think of something.

Grif
Group Admin

Now that the tedious part is over, we can move on to our next agenda:

Promoting discussion on the stories posted here.
You guys may have noticed that I started a Story of the Week thing. The plan is that each week, one story would be featured, and a thread will be opened to discuss the story. Anything and everything related to the story can be discussed; a review is not necessary. Discuss it as a reader, or discuss it as a reviewer, it's up to you. It's an extension of Seattle's idea, but this time with more people. (hopefully)

With luck, we can get people actually discussing stories here.

Flashgen
Group Contributor

Sounds like a good idea.

Out of curiosity, how will the Story of the Week be selected?

Grif
Group Admin

Randomly.

Or long version: whichever story I feel like until we can get a better system to actually choose stories. For obvious reasons, multi-parters or epics will not be selected.

Baron
Group Contributor

Give me your fungibles. We are /fic/ | #fic, la crème de la crème. NOTHING SHALL STAND IN OUR WAY OF WORLD DOMINATION. Get back sooner or smash down later. :pinkiecrazy:

Eustatian Wings
Group Contributor

Baron, are you okay?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21