/fic/ception 83 members · 272 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

Okay then, as these are more community oriented, these ‘reviews’ are going to be almost entirely SoC. If I have to deconstruct multiple notations, then we have a problem. Fortunately, I don’t expect to have to do that with anyone here.

SO then ST, let’s see what we got—

Ah. A Snails fix. I swear to christ, if this has anything to do with a rock and hill, you’ve had it mate.

Huh. Snails poking about entomology texts? I’ve always kinda dug it when fics run against the grain of common characterization (Snails not being retarded being one of those), but they take a certain dedicated pizzaz to pull off. Nifty.

>The dusty smell… was intoxicating.
I lol’d

… Does Snails have a bug fetish? Da fuq?

Oh shit! Filly abuse! Damn ST, didn’t know ya had it in ya!

Huh. So… not *smart* snails, but not stupid Snails… yet smart enough for focused and concise study. Autistic Snails?

So it’s a Cutie Mark acquisition tale. Huh. Strangely enough, this is the point when it actually begins to pick up, in particular the sequence of his parent’s reactions to his mark. What a bunch o cunts! I quite like how you’re drawing parallels with his own dominant attributes and the creatures that drew him to discover his mark. Rather Confucian in respect to virtues.

OH shit! Not the entomological observatory- I mean, the tool shed!

Synopsis-
Snails digs bugs. A fair one-shot working at establishing an empathic look at the emotional fragility of a young Unicorn nopony has any respect nor actual regard for. Not even himself, as his primary inspiration (if you will) is established vicariously through his passion. A passion which nopony else can, or will even care to try, to relate to. The ending leaves the reader feeling somewhat humbled and saddened. There are far too many people in this world who have so distanced themselves from the mere hope of empathic compassion from another human being. How many have we walked past today, just going about our business?

Things you could stand to brush up on:
Compound Hyphens, Comma placement in narrative, Run-on sentences, Sentence structure, Flow-of-Action, Please don’t start narrative sentences with conjunctions, Stylus’ are important when jumping perspective (EG- Flashbacks), M Dash usage,

Cheers ST, t’was a pleasure reading your work. All the best.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1