/fic/ception 83 members · 272 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

Okay guys. We've got many of the old hats and the new crew in here. I admit I've been shamefully derelict in keeping up with everyone's stories. That changes now. I intend to read everyone's work that's posted in this group, and render the author a mini-review (no green text notation or anything, but thoughts on the thematic quality and overall execution).

I propose we all do this for one another, akin to one of the many writing events on the motherboard, but for fun and community.

(If you have more than one fic posted on here, state which one you'd prefer me - and others - to read.)

OmegaPony11
Group Contributor

Interesting idea. I'd be up to it, once I found a fic that I would inspect. Couldn't take Divergence, I have a bias for it now.

MintyRest
Group Contributor

A bias because it's so awesome you mean.

So you're saying... this is your new thread? Awesome.

OmegaPony11
Group Contributor

Well yeah, but then it wouldn't be a fair review. I need something new to go in blind with.

Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

This is TOTALLY not my new thread. I won't be doing another one a those for some time. Even longer if I ever get accepted as a PR. In any case, I've been kinda up in the air as to how to organize this. Kinda wondering if I should just post all of my 'reviews' ITT, or do one for each of the stories, my post (or whoever's) being the OP for that fic, with everyone else posting their take within it. ...Meh, fuck it, the latter makes more sense. By the way Minty, your last two posts in your own thread were fucking hilarious.

Omega, this isn't like a review thread. /Fic/ is a far superior medium for such a thing. This is more like: "Hey, we've known each other for ages, let me finally look at what you've written and share my thoughts with you!" Y'know? Community solidarity an all that shite.
As such, I'm obliquely saying you should totally tell me what you think of my story! Heh.

An Unimpressive
Group Contributor

Hmm. Interesting. I may have to do this myself if people keep sending nothing but goddamned shipping into the pre-reading queue; there are a few stories in here I've been meaning to read.

Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

In all Vim, I think you'll find this to be more an amusement than an exercise. Most of the fics here seem to be fairly short one-shots, twenty min reads tops. Grab a beer, an share your thoughts with friends bro.

Varanus
Group Contributor

So it'd be bad form to drop off my novel and bat my eyes at you innocently, huh? :applejackunsure:

Seattle_Lite
Group Contributor

You mean Composure? Do it. I've already read half of it, and recall working with you on the first chapter or two.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9