/fic/ception 83 members · 272 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Timefly
Group Contributor

Deos anyone know of any good non-fanfic writing communities online that operate kinda like old /fic/ did? Or any non-fanfic lit portals?

BleedingRaindrops
Group Contributor

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. /fic/ was a forum. Granted it was an image forum, we used the textbox aspect of it more than the image files, which became like flavortext to the overall message. Furthermore, we were a review board, used for the discussion and betterment of fan fiction. I can't exactly imagine a place quite like /fic/ unless it has some form of art to critique, discuss and improve. Are you asking if there are *art* portals out there?

Pascoite
Group Admin

Sounds to me like you're looking for a reviewing/feedback forum for general fiction? I know I've heard of two reputable ones, but I can't recall the names. I'll have to ask around, as I'd considered the possibility of moving to one or both of them once this place dies down.

Ezn
Group Contributor

Scribophile is a pretty active non-fanfic fiction critique site. I've had good experienced with it. The karma system is structured so that you have to critique far more than write and get critiqued, but that's what makes it work. Free accounts are also fairly limited in some ways, but you can by with one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4