Art for Fanfiction 5,167 members · 212 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48
NixWorld
Group Admin

Welcome to 2019's summer writing contest!

It's been a while since I hosted a contest since I've been so wrapped up in art commissions. The last time I gave away free art was in a random art raffle I did a few months ago. This time however, each and every one of you will be able to prove your writing skills. For in victory, the top four ranked individuals will win art pieces of their own. Free of charge!

PRIZES:

1st Place: One fully shaded pony + background. Drawn by me.

Examples of my work:

2nd Place: Fully shaded pony portrait. Drawn by me.

Example of my work:

3rd Place: One full body pony + background. Drawn by Mr Tech (hugo231929)

Example of his work:

4th Place: One full body pony. Drawn by Mr Tech (hugo231929)

Example of his work:

Requirements to join contest:

1- Follow us on Deviantart:

https://www.deviantart.com/nixworld

https://www.deviantart.com/hugo231929

2- Comment on this thread with your DeviantArt name. If I see that you're on the list of watchers on DA, and once Mr Tech confirms, you're in!

STORY CONDITIONS

1- Fight/battle scene between one of your OC's and one of the Mane 6: You will be judged based on the creativity of the fight scene and how entertaining it is. Your OC can use any crazy powers/weapons you've given them, so long as you at least mention why they have said powers/weapons.

IMPORTANT: This is a fighting scene in the sense that they're hitting, kicking, punching, beaming, blasting... each other. Not to be confused with a competition fight like a "cook fight", race, or something similar.

2- The theme is up to you. It can be a super comedic, over the top action sequence, or you can go for a more realistic and gruesome approach. Or perhaps something in between. The choice is yours.

3- Mention of the cause of the fight: You will also be judged based on the creativity of the fight's cause, and how both characters interact with one another depending on the cause.

- For example, if the reason of the fight is because your OC ate Pinkie's favorite cupcake, then there could be some interesting dialogue between the two. Perhaps the OC is trying to defuse the situation while Pinkie's trying to murder them.

However there is no need to delve in to a detailed backstory, as the fight is the most important.

4- Maximum 1500 words: Any more than 1500 words and the contest entry will not be reviewed. Remember that the fight is the main attraction to your story. Do not waste space on a flashback or unnecessary backstory.

If you win:

Accessories for your OC are acceptable, however if we deem there to be a piece of apparel too complex to draw (i.e. chainmail armor) we will not draw that specific piece.

Same goes for backgrounds. Keep it simple guys. A grassy meadow is fine. A museum with different statues of your OC's is not.

You submit by sending me the story in a PM here on FIMFic. No need to publish!

The deadline will be in August 13th at 00:00 EST.

A huge thanks to The Psychopath and Mr Tech for participating as judges for the contest.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Dang... I just realized I haven’t gotten a DA account.

So how do we submit? Important information

Cainsumac is my name, and I’m totally entering this thing.

Done.
My DA name is "The-JoJostar"
But one more question. How do I submit my story?

NixWorld
Group Admin

So sorry! I forgot to mention how to submit. I edited the post now so it can contain that information.

You submit by sending me the story in a PM. No need to publish!

Comment posted by TenTa deleted Jul 24th, 2019

Thanks...!
Now if you'll excuse me. I've got a story to write...

JackofMinds is my DA. I think I'll give it a go.

My DA name is TheLeondude. Let's dance!

And yes, I am aware there's not much variation between my FiMFic name and my DA name. But if one is taken, I go with the other. It's kind of a brand, really.

NixWorld
Group Admin

All of your names on DA check out. Welcome to the contest!

Does it have to be a pony/MLP OC in the fight? Or does anything go?
Because if anything goes, you're looking for "Kamen Zero" on DA.

NixWorld
Group Admin

As long as its your OC, the species of which can be anything. Welcome to the contest!

Excellent.
Japanese Bug-Man is a Go.
((the guy in my profile picture, in case you didn't get the meaning))

I don't know if I'll actually submit anything but I'll give it a shot.

DeviantArt name is Kathanra

SaltyAlty is my Deviantart. I'll have my submission in soon.

Additionally, I do have to ask, can we use the description box/short description to explain why the fight is occurring, or does it have to be in the main body of the story?

Hey the last image is of my oc... AwSOme!!! I would enter but I suck at writing

NixWorld
Group Admin

Yep, you can use the description box.

NixWorld
Group Admin

May as well try!:twilightsmile:

All of my attempts at stories never have enough words to show anyone :(

Go for it. Do your best and set your mind freely on the page. In the end, win or loss, you can say wholeheartedly that you gave it a go.

Ok, I'll try :pinkiesad2:

FairyFunMLP is watching you! I legit just joined the website cuz of this contest! :twilightsheepish:

I do have a question, I’m surprised I didn’t think about it before. Anyways, are we allowed to get an editor to help us with polishing up the finished project?

Sorry, first contest, so I don’t really know specific things.

NixWorld
Group Admin

Sure! Help from a friend is allowed.

Okay, thanks.

My name on deviant art is Aras-Aran. Wierd name I know.

Is there any way to join in if i dont have a DeviantArt account? I'd feel silly making one just for a contest, but i just might, if there's no other way.

NixWorld
Group Admin

Sorry, but there's no other way.

Frick! I forgot to follow Mr Tech, I’m so sorry! Please forgive me!

May I ask, are crossovers, such as pokemon-related ocs allowed?

And Also, if you win, is the OC that gets made in art, limited to the one used in the fight? Like, if you have multiple characters you own, and only one is used in the fight--are you able to have a different OC be made into the free art?

Hi, is the contest still open? If so then my DeviantArt is HERE.

Oops, I forget to mention my DA name! My name is RainbowGlitterPines.

NixWorld
Group Admin

Yep! Still open. Glad to have you!

I have a quick question though, if that is okay. Can the story feature two of my OC's as long as only one of them is actually doing the fighting? Like, trying to protect the other?

NixWorld
Group Admin

As long as it's only one fighting, then that's fine!

Yay! So do I let you know when it's finished? (I'm going to post it.)

NixWorld
Group Admin

Send it to me via PM.

Okay, I'll send you the link when it's posted! Thank you for the help!

NixWorld
Group Admin

Be quick, though, You only got until tomorrow!

Don't worry, I'm almost done with it!

Is it still open? I was so busy, I couldn’t attend to the story, but I’m working on it now, and I’m at 626 words so far. I wanted to continue working on it last night, but I passed out, twice.

Deadline was exactly 8 hours and 21 minutes ago.

So I’m too late...? But the forum says open though...

I was late... I think. I PM’d you my story. It isn’t submitted/published, but I thought you’d take a look...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48