The Royal Guard 331 members · 187 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
vadram
Group Contributor

I propose we hold a contest
Something simple,
1000-5000 words,
Night Guard or Royal Guard ponies as main characters.
Story should be posted on fimfic after contest starts.
1 or 2 weeks contest time
1-3 judges
Prizes:
1st place story is to be posted in the contest folder and gets a free like from the judge and link + cover on the groups page.
2nd place story is to be posted in the contest folder, link (no cover) on the groups page.
3rd place story is to be posted in the contest folder

Or something along the lines.

Lophane
Group Contributor

I like the idea, and I would join, but I have a ton going on and I barely, sometimes don't, have enough time to write some of my own story each day. So I'm not going to start anything new... Then again the main character is in the day guard... And he hasn't actually been introduced yet (all I've come out with is the prologue, witch is dragons and Luna) so if I could relieve the first chapter in line with the contest then that might work.
(Rereads the post) sigh, but it won't be within the parameters, I only just started and it's already 4000 words long, I expect the first chapter to get to 15000-25000 words :twilightoops:, so.... It doesn't fit the parameters.
But I do like the idea and If I could help out I would love to.

Sagebrush
Group Admin

Hm, that's an interesting idea. I'll talk to someone I know that holds write-off competitions and see how he goes about running them.

I think we will need more than two weeks, and possibly have Wanderer D advertise it at the beginning of next month.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4