The OC Fanfiction Library 1,404 members · 1,794 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Greetings everybody, I'm here to tell you more about my friend Azure's story, The Phantom of Canterlot. It features not only Twilight Sparkle, delving into the history of Equestria, but also a bunch of lovely and unexpected original characters that accompany the book-loving pony on her journey through a game of shadows, half-truths and fables, threatening to even turn the young princess against her mentor. The whole image is finished by many plot-twists, nobility lore and historical world-building.

If that seems like your cup of tea, here is a little sneak peek:
Dragonbite Castle: Chapter 2

“What does the name ‘Burning Snowflake’ tell you, Baron?”

He froze for a moment, before putting his goblet back on the table without taking a sip. For a second, he looked Twilight in the eyes, and she could see the cogs turning in his skull. At this point, she also realised how quiet everything was all of a sudden. The busy chatter all around her had stopped, and even the servants busy with replacing the plates stayed where they were for a moment.

“Yes, something strange is going on,”Twilight thought.

The baron cleared his throat causing the servants to go back to work.

“I do know the name,” the baron finally answered. “May I ask where you have learnt it?”

“In some filly’s tale books and comics,” Twilight replied, a metaphorical halo appearing above her head.

“Oh,” said the baron, hiding his relief behind a thick layer of self-control.

Twilight, however, was not fooled. As if she just remembered, she added, “And she is put down as adoptive mother of your patriarch in a book from the Canterlot Royal Library, which happens to be in my possession.”

For a moment, the baron looked like a foal caught with his hoof in the cookie jar. He sighed. “That is what I feared,” he admitted. “She had always ensured that this part of the story would not be forgotten.”

“Who do you mean ‘she ensured it’?” Twilight said, confused by the statement, yet continued on with her questions. “And which part of what story?”

The baron began to say, “I do not think that—” but was interrupted when Pleasant Smell put her hoof on his leg and looked him into his eyes, shaking her head. There was a quick exchange of opinions as their gazes met. Sometimes words aren’t needed to lead a discussion and like so often in these situations, the stallion lost. Again, Climber sighed before turning back to the princess. “Burning Snowflake—Princess,” he answered her question with considerable delay. “She had always ensured that it would never be forgotten that she is the adoptive mother of Compassion Snowflake.”

“You mean ‘was’, don’t you?” Twilight asked.

“Is,” Climber answered firmly. “My ancestor is dead, no doubt, but Burning Snowflake… Burning Snowflake is still among us.”

Tags: Teen, Adventure, Mystery, Drama

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1