Twilight Sparkle 4,749 members · 12,265 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

Hey, guys!
So, with new found freedom come new guidelines.

First and foremost: Don't add stories that don't feature Twilight in a major role. If the story like that is snuck in the group, it will be removed.

The group is constructed to follow (at least most) tags. When you submit, be sure to submit to all applicable folders. There are some caveats, however: We don't have 2nd person folder (because having that in a group like this makes no sense), and there are a few other differences as well:

Odd folders:
- Epic One-shots - Admin controlled, basically locked.
- Gore: If your story has a tag 'gore', make sure that it goes into the right subfolder. If the story is marked as 'teen', then the story goes under the 'teen' folder. If it's 'mature', then... you get the idea.
- Non-pony: Stories that have tags of non-pony characters go here as well Human for human, anthro for anthro, and so on.
- Romance: The folder is for Twilight x <pony> here. If the story has other romance than Twilight x <pony>, then it doesn't belong here. It doesn't belong here if the story is solo Twilight OR she does something with some form of machine. Even if the story tag says that says 'romance', it... really doesn't make it a romantic situation. Subfolders:
- Twilight x Alicorn: Twilight a canon alicorn: If the alicorn is Sir MissedATweetFromWonderbra, that should go under Twilight x OC
- Twilight x Main 6: You won't guess what goes here.
- Twilight x OC: Twilight x any original character.
- Twilight x Other: Everything else. (Yes, I'll merge this with Twilight x Supporting, because that folder makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.)

- Sex:
- Anthro clop: Anthro ponies clop (mature)
- Human / Humanized clop: pony x human or humanized / humanized (including EqG) (mature)
- Standard Clop: Pony x show canon (pony or non-pony alike)
- Teen: Teen / sex

- Solid Gold - admin only (locked)

I don't think I forgot anything.

~Twi, over and out

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm not gonna be the one adding these anyways, but there are clop folders for anthro, human, and pony (and teen, which is kinda the odd one out. I'm not sure why it needs a separate folder.). What about characters that don't fit in any of those categories?

For example, where would clop involving Twilight and, say, Ember or Gilda go?

Also, um, do we actually do anything with the Solid Gold and Epic One Shot folders?

--Sweetie Belle

5430169 What about Twilight x poly? Does it just get added under other?

I don't think I forgot anything.

Maybe "All stories added need to feature Twilight in a major role"?

--arcum42

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

For example, where would clop involving Twilight and, say, Ember or Gilda go?

That'd fit under "standard clop", since the characters aren't anthropomorphised or humanized. They'd fit under 'humanized', if they'd fit in the EqG-verse.

What about Twilight x poly? Does it just get added under other?

No. It should go under multiple folders, if it involves multiple types of ponies. For instance if it involves Twilight x princess and Twilight x one of the main 6, then it goes under Twilight x Alicorn and Twilight x Main 6. If it involves Twilight x multiple of main 6, it goes under Twilight x Main 6.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

That's already stated in the first page, but sure.

~Twi

People read the front page?

--arcum42

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

To be fair, they won't read this thread either. At least when it becomes smothered with other social stuff like in group posts.

~Twi

True, but at least they'll have double the chance of seeing it.

--arcum42

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

Added to the guidelines.

~Twi

What about a story about Twilight and her past self?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, Twilight is one of the Main 6, so that sounds like Twilight x Main 6 to me. Possibly Twilight x Alicorn, too.

--Sweetie Belle

may I ask is that sci-twi not allow to put in this group?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

She's an alternate universe Twilight Sparkle, so still Twilight Sparkle, and this group is for Twilight Sparkle, so I think adding fics with her would be fine.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15