Author Support 2,068 members · 4,357 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Bronymaster
Group Admin

Edit: Added rule #5

So, as has been a problem for quite a while now, we can’t address the problems of everyone who comes to us. Many of our threads don’t pander to the problems people are having, or if they do there isn’t enough activity in such a thread to seem useful. And we have long opposed users posting threads without first getting Admin clearance, since that has always seemed to lead to problems. This has made more than a few people mad at us, and often means we have ended up turning away someone who needed help we just couldn't provide from normal threads.

As such, I have decided that it is time I allow people to make threads while no longer having to seek Admin permission. Before you go off and make your threads, though, there are rules regarding this. If you break any of these rules, your thread can and will be deleted and you will receive a warning. Repeated breaking of these rules will lead to us banning you from the group. The rules regarding thread posting are as follows:

The Rules

1.) No self-aggrandizing (i.e. no begging people to read/fave/upvote). You may ask people to provide an honest critique of your work, but we cannot guarantee the professionality of the people who agree.

2.) We expect you to delete your thread within a 24-48 hour time period. At 48 hours, a thread will be deleted by us. If you want your thread to be up longer than 48 hours, you must consult an Admin and provide reasoning. (For those of you wondering why we give only that amount of time: most responses to any thread in any group come within the first 24 hours, with stragglers possibly replying before 48 hours. After that time, the chances of someone commenting are low enough for it to be reasonably deleted. (This is assuming said thread isn't a discussion or debate thread, in most cases.))

3.) You must be courteous and respectful. You are to ask for help, not demand it, you are not to insult others, and you are to not be generally snobby.

4.) The title of your thread must directly address what it is about. (i.e. If your thread is asking people to critique your work, something like “Critique wanted by [your username]”.)

5.) While there are no limits or restrictions on what your thread can be about/ask for, if it contains anything generally mature in nature, a NSFW warning in the thread title will be a requirement.

Also, when making threads, there are a few tips to remember:

Some Tips

1.)Please try not to be vague with your thread. Vagueness makes it harder for people to help you with what you want. You’ll get better results if you can get to the point, and that means less questions have to be asked and less hassle all around. And less hassle means more people likely to help you.

2.)Spell-check your thread. Nothing pushes people who are likely to help you away more than really poor grammar. I’m not saying you have to sound like you graduated college with a major in English. Just try to avoid spelling errors and use punctuation. Most spell-checkers are pretty good for helping you with this. If you’re really worried about it, have a friend check the grammar. You can even send it to one of us Admins and we’ll help you out. :yay:

3.) If you’re asking for a critique, don’t just plaster a link to your story and say “I need someone to critique this.” Actually give us a few details about what we are about to head into so we don’t have to check everything ourselves. People aren’t going to take one step (click?) past your thread than they have to, a lot of the time. Don’t give everything about the story away, of course. Just give us a simple synopsis, maybe something about the genres, and perhaps a list of main characters we’ll see from the start.

That’s about it regarding the threads. To those of you thinking you should go ahead and turn off thread notifications due to the incoming flux of threads we may or may not be about to witness, I strongly ask that you don’t, as any future announcements we make are by thread, and I really, really, really don’t want to end up having to send a general PM out to 700 people. I’ve done that enough in the past.

Thank you, everyone! Have an adventurous day! :rainbowdetermined2:

I feel bad every time I check up on the group. I keep thinking to myself, Go! Do something to better the group. Just do something. But then I don't, and then I read these posts, and I realize that I'm getting lazy.

I also realize that I like whining about my problems. I need to stop doing that.

Anywho, I like these rules and guidelines. They make sense, and they seem pretty basic and understandable. Cool.

Sounds solid. It's good that we're constantly moving forward in ways to help people out.

Yay for progress and implementation!

But that means I need to find a reason to post a 'help me' thread. But what I want to know is that, is that means we can post user-threads, other than what is stated, what other threads can we create? :twilightsmile:

Bronymaster
Group Admin

You can create any thread you so wish, provided it doesn't break the rules and doesn't exceed our time limit. If you want to make a thread that you're sure will go past the time limit, it still has to be cleared by an Admin.

Thanks for tips guys. I now understand what I have to do :rainbowdetermined2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7