Fallout Equestria 5,361 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 76

THIS THREAD NEEDS A STICKY

* cheers * Great work Dannykat! :rainbowkiss:

2957686 You are my new best friend.

I'm throwing money at my screen, WHY ISN'T IT WORKING? :raritycry:
But seriously this is really good, and pretty dang accurate as well.

Just speculation, but I believe that Equestria got the Stealthbucks a little later in the war I.E. after Zecora's betrayal methinks. No real proof of that (That I know of...) but it seems like that would have been a huge game changer. And I can't help but think that if Equestria already had them, wouldn't Zecora have used one when she was killed by a pony I won't name due to spoilery stuffs? :unsuresweetie:

2958043 Rarity got the invisibility talisman from the attempted zebra assassin, and presumably sent it to Twilight.

2958168 Attempted sidetrack is attempted sidetrack.

2958165 Yes but surely it took time (and I'm guessing a lot of it considering there's almost no mention of stealkthbucks at all before the bombs fell) to take the stealthcloak design and convert it into a stealthbucks form. That has to take a lot of testing : /

2958187 Probably it was only a few years at the most before the Last Day. Otherwise they'd be everywhere and the Enclave would be all like "invisible wonderbolt assault team."

exactly but on his timeline it seems like it was placed about midway through the war (MIdnight's journal happed after this, which was soon after Shattered Hoof and before Applejack was dating Applesnack) meaning that Equestria would have had stealthbucks before they even had power armor...

It can't have happened midway through the war, as that's when Littlehorn happened. It was about midway through, and all sources so far, including Word of Kkat put the war as having lasted ~20 years. And we know that Stealthbuck mk.2 was being worked on as a major project near the end, so it was around just long enough to get started being mass produced, and them to start working on the next model, so figure about a year or so would likely work.

2958503 True. Midnight Shower was sent to Zebratown shortly after Shattered Hoof. And she died 36 days after that so cut her some slack.

And yeah. It could be possible, but it's not likely..

It's unlikely Scoot's bit came before RD's, as it was RD leaving that inspired her to leave, and that had to be afterwards.

The message to Breaburn, iirc the thing that caused the tension was Ironshod developing the AMR. Which she found out about the night of her 'accident'. Given this is her trying to patch up for that, it likely happened within the last year or so of the war.

The Appleloosa thing, yeah that could have happened anytime during the war save for really close to the end, likely somewhere in the middle of the Ministries.

But yeah overall a really great job.

2958966 Exactly my point from the beginning! But yeah that's the only thing I see that can't possibly have been right with the timeline. (I'm assuming by "first Dashite" hes referring to Dash herself leaving the Enclave.)

This is going to come in helpful someday when I do my review and/or write my own side story. Thank you!

Nyerguds
Group Admin

So... um, can you please... post it on the wiki, then? As you pointed out, it sorely needs it :unsuresweetie:

And the very purpose of the wiki is so other people can also edit it to improve the details...

Rarity speaks to Luna - This one is easy. She is talking about her death.

She says: "I heard what happened to Zecora", what happened to her, not what she did. Then she mentions that the "brutes" that did it to her need to be punished. Clearly she is talking about the ones that killed her, finally she brings up the silver lining: That her posters were effective. Remember that the main function of her ministry was propaganda, including those xenophobic anti-zebra posters. Clearly she is talking about that.

Considering she is asked if she had heard about it, this took place days after Steelhooves killed Zecora.

Celestia One - I also don't know this one. But I think it was close to the end. Spike was asleep when the Megaspells fell. That was probably the last conversation he ever had with Twilight:fluttercry:

It must have also taken place after the reveal of the enclave armor, because it was the last time the Mane 6 was together and Spike was also there.

Ballon Orb - This was the day the megaspells fell. Pinkie died literally minutes or perhaps a few hours after the memory was over (I think Pinkie's story is probably the most tragic in the entire book).

I don't even know how the record was made. We know this because: She died in her office sending a message to Twi asking for her to come with her to rehabilitation. The message also reveals she was about to launch an attack at 4 stars. We also know the attack never took place.

2959925 It's even worse if you've read Project Horizons.
In the memory of Psalm, we see that Pinkie was actually assassinated seconds before the bombs, by Psalm, and using her amazing Pinkie Sense, she knew both what was gonna happen and that there was no escape, and the last thing she said, which Psalm read off her lips, was that she didn't want to burn, making Psalm's shot a mercy killing. MASSIVE FREAKING SPOILERS. I warned you all.

Also, is there someone who has the ability and free time to create a mirroring timeline for Project Horizons, or even (this would be amazing but exceptionally difficult) set them side by side together to compare?

Maripony, well it was working and in storing/testing phase when RD was working on the SPP, so before that. But, anymore is just to vague. For all we know it was always there more or less, and Twi simply took over and expanded it. But yeah hard to pinpoint other then near the end.

No, the Balloon orb wasn't the same day. But it was close, within a few days. DJ-Pon-3 was at the party, but she had made it into a Manehatten Stable. And we know from another orb that Scoots ordered those stables filled and sealed as a 'test run' before the end. Plus it would need time for Pinkie to have the memory removed, set up her preparations for Li'lpip, and get things organized. For the mirror to be transported all the way to Fillyelphia and installed. So it was likely a week or so before the explosion at least.

2959986 Fuck PH and it's bullshit retcons.

You are mistaken. I believe you are confusing the balloon orb with the orb containing what I believe it was dubbed "Pinkie's last Party".

The Balloon Orb features Pinkie in her Office alone with Raritie's mirror.

2960333 No reread the balloon orb, it happens right after the events in Vinyl's Last Party. As it starts out with Pinkie fuming over what Twilight said to her there.

Agreed on it taking place a few days before the end.

By I'm starting to wonder if Pinkie's last Party is correctly placed in the timeline. Seraphem makes a good point, it is heavily implied the events in the balloon orb happened shortly after said party.

There is one event that seems absent in the timeline: The reveal of the enclave armor. Spike says it is the last time the mane 6 were together...and happy. There doesn't appear to be friction between any of them, indicating it happened before Pinkie's last party. But we know that took place after the revelation of the Steel Ranger armor and according to your timeline, the steel ranger armor was invented after the party.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm inclined to agree with Seraphem in that Pinkie's last party was right before the balloon orb.

2960553 As to the Enclave armor. It happened when the mane 6 were all together, so it was before Fluttershy gave Megaspell tech to the Zebra's, which happened just before the 'accident' with AJ. That in turn was about a year after the Steel Ranger armor was revealed. So it took place somewhere in the year between the Steel Rangers being formed, and AJ's 'accident'

Except, that, doesn't quite work. Actually yeah it kind of does, scratch all that remembered something else. The Enclave armor reveal happened after AJ recovered from her accident. We never see RD speaking to Fluttershy, so it's possible there was still tension in there. But it was RD's reaction to learning what Fluttershy had done, and indeed Rarity herself learning about it, that pushed her to create the Soul Jars. And it was during the reveal of the Enclave armor that she captured an image of the other Mane 6's souls for the figurines.

Huh, and given RD was asking Rarity for help with it in another orb, it means the SPP was being built before that, and Maripony was up and running then. So all of that happened near the end, say in at least the last half of The ministries portion of the war.

2957686 Am reading it and am loving it alot i have to say.

I still wish we can have more detil on the otherside of the war but i gusse we can only hope can we?

2963800 yup we know little to noting about them and all.

I would love how they work and stuff like that.

Plus it would bring more fics to this part of this fandom

2966170 let's just hope one day Kkat can give us a fic about them one day

2960126 Retcons? That means what? <.<

2967611 There was another thread a short time ago trying to work that out. It was fairly early, either pre Ministries, or just after the Ministries were formed. Forget the details though.

2967761 Retcons are when one author, goes back and redoes someone elses work. Or even an author doing it to themselves. It taking an existing part of a story, and after the fact, going back and changing what happened. Either altering the actual facts, or simply adding something else having happened behind the scenes that changes the meaning of those events.

Something PH does with everything about the original. Everything has to be Somber's way, because of Somber's OC's, No matter how bad it fucks over the real story.

hm. nice work so far. Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to add other stories' pre-war events to your timeline, such as PH's OIA and such?

2990794 yes, I'm aware that not all events would be compatible. but there has to be a way to get a 'middle ground' style complilation across most, if not all major stories , and perhaps some compatible side stories as well. Failing that, there could at least be a notation with conflicting events when listed.

Okay, who's the cockmongler who downvoted Dannykat's OP?

Also, BY THE GODDESSES, WHY ISN'T THIS STICKIED YET

I feel like this thread should be renamed to something including Fallout: Equestria and the word Canon.

The only reason wny I suggested that was so that it could be clear that this isn't just any timeline. it's the Pre-War Timeline to the original Fallout: Equestria. I think it'd catch more eyes and hopefully help more people that way.

Maybe just "Pre-War Timeline" or the like? Well... "Pre-Bombs".

Just since I notice the title hasn't been changed yet, by the sounds of it. :twistnerd:

Well, yeah. That's why I thought better of that and said pre-bombs. That said, what you say is fair enough. :moustache:

Aaaand I'd love to offer some help, but... Much as I adore FoE, I'm no lorehound. :twilightsheepish:

Exactly. :unsuresweetie:

I haven't yet taken a look myself, but maybe it's about to the point that you can put it on the wiki? I imagine you could at least add a link along with a disclaimer that it's not 100% super perfect yet.

I'm just now picking up Fallout: Equestria and I'm finding myself very interested in the events that led up to the actual fallout. Is the information in this timeline from the story Fallout: Equestria? By that I mean is the "text from the story" that is found in the gdocs, is that in the Fallout: Equestria story itself or is the information scattered across side stories that have been accepted as canon or info from Kkat herself?

~Have a good one.

I will reply for Dannykat since he has taken a hiatus from the fandom.

is the information scattered across side stories that have been accepted as canon

No sidestory is canon. Fallout: Equestria by Kkat is law - nothing else is canon.

All the quotes and passages used in the gdocs are cited and drawn only from Kkat's Fallout: Equestria, nowhere else.

Kkat accepts no sidestory as canon and thus all sidestories are merely spinoffs and based upon her work.

Ah. Thanks.

~Have a good one.

I like the timeline :twilightsmile: it's good, but it would help a whole lot if somehow you put how far away the events were from the last day. I don't know how it would be possible though :applejackunsure:

Helo all none of you probably don't know this because i'm new but i am a but of a history nut, and being i just read a chapter in Fallout Equestria mentioning a Tank my idea of a prewar Story i have created regarding a tank division has grown. But i still dont know a whole lot yet i'm just going off of what my OC would encounter on the front lines and Under C3 adding to the fact he get captured by a Zebra reinforcement group. :duck: maybe i should finish the story first then start writing.

maybe i should finish the story first then start writing.

Yes. You should.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 76