Fallout Equestria 5,361 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Did they reach up into the cloud layer or how tall were they?

EDIT: seeing as how the DJs could see a good portion of the wasteland with just one, I'd assume pretty tall.

Well, they were the ones maintaining the cloud layer, so I presume that they were somewhat taller.

I would imagine each one to at least reach up to nearly the top of the troposphere where most all weather activity takes place (exact height may vary depending on how you headcanon the size of their atmosphere and planet, but they would still end up being pretty tall) .

They probably reach past cloud cover. So pretty tall.

they are high enough that you can see one mile away from it, so probably about as high as a tall mountain.

They probably don't breach the pegasi-made cloud barrier because then you couldn't see the Wasteland

Probably 1k to 2k feet tall depending on geographical location - ones built on a hill wouldn't be as tall as one built on, say, sea level

Perhaps they were built to that they would all be the same height if you measured from sea level, even if 500 feet of it was mountainside, leaving only 500 feet of the SPP tower compared to one sitting on ten feet of bedrock, leaving 990 feet of SPP tower

Because ponies are weird, that's why :P

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

Gave a quick look through the text. The first description of the SPP towers was of "a very narrow white tower rising up into the sky, so high it pierced the clouds." So taller than the clouds, which makes sense with how they clear the clouds, and how the Enclave repurposed them to "seed" the clouds around them.

Presumably the cameras are set at a level just below the level of the clouds.

I remember mention they extended above the clouds as in Project Horizons Glory mentioned that small farms were actually perched on the very tops of the towers that the Pegasai cultivated. Not a lot but it was the best they could make without the genetically modified tasteless plants designed to have helium sacks to float above the clouds.

The top of each tower also fanned out with what looked like massive palm fronds but really acted more like thousands of Pegasai wings which was how they manipulated the weather.

7328523 In the wiki it mentions the sensors are about 1/3 of the way up, I think. Been a hot minute since I last checked.

7328619 Forgot about that part, might have to steal it for my own purposes.

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

Your memory is good, and it appears the wiki is correct here. Homage says the "observation eyes" are about a third of the way up. It's not exactly clear how high up that is, other than somewhere below the clouds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10