Fallout Equestria 5,335 members · 2,611 stories
Comments ( 626 )
  • Viewing 551 - 600 of 626

P.S. dafuq is project horizons?!?!?

An abomination.

5647422 Oh boy, details details, gotta have dem joosy details!!:rainbowkiss:

Uhm, hello! I suppose I'm jumping into the game a little late here, but I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Name's Loyal! I wrote such stories as Archmage, Moonstone, and a few others. But, well, I'm planning on throwing my hat into the FoE ring. It's with a very tenuous heart that I've begun work on Fallout: Saddle Arabia. The story is nearly ready for release, and I'll be sure to post something in the appropriate thread, but I just wanted to get the introduction out of the way. I'm excited to see what resources this group offers, and looking forward to working with you all in the near future!

Obligatory post to say hello! Gonna' be knocking around the forums from now on trying to have a bit of fun while I work on stuff. Hopefully the community here is a welcome one and the fun to be had is at a maximum. :twilightsmile:

Plesentries aside I indeed hope to be an active member in the group, stories and all, and would love to find anyone else who would be interested in working on any stories, ideas, concepts, and hypothesis. Hit me up and I'll do my best to provide good conversation!

Cheers all. And have a great rest of your day.

I'm Dandy and I'm an idiot. I say this to save you time on the off chance we get into an argument with me because you can not win against an idiot but, despite what I've said so far though, I'm not all that confrontational and I genuinely hope we'll all get along just fine and that you'll forgive me when I let my suborn pride get in the way of admitting when I'm wrong.

I've been a fan of Fallout Equestria since the first time I heard Atticus J (Later the voice of Steel Hooves in Scorch238's complete reading) read to me about those blank clean grey walls back in 2011. I only just recently got around to creating a FIM account for the purpose of finally delivering belated praise to several of the authors I've occasionally enjoyed reading over the years and while I do not intend to write any works of my own I'm considering assisting in editing other's in addition to starting up a FO:E PnP group.

Ello folks, found Fallout Equestria a while back, and it's what actually got me interested into Fallout series in the first place. I love the darkness of things, not to mention the villain Red Eye who is quite possibly my absolute favorite (aided by the fact I always imagine him either having Scar's voice or being done by Tim Curry.)

Feel free to send me a pm with a link to the story. While not the most adept at editing I can still give a second set of eyes if you want.

Hello i'm Sparking Bolt or just Bolt.
i was already a huge fan of the fallout series and when i heard about fallout equestria i jumped into reading it but i never finished reading it (by some reasons i couldn't finish it) currently doing 3 side stories based on the fallout games by interplay
rookie writer and drawer

Comment posted by Xzeron2000 deleted Apr 14th, 2017

Hey. I've been into FoE for awhile but i stopped watching the show awhile ago and i fell off the series for a long time but re listening to the audio book has brought my interest back so im gonna take a shot at trying my own fic.

Greetings traders, raiders, and everything in between. I am the Lone Writer.
Let me start out by saying I would like to believe I'm truely the biggest fanboy when it comes to anything Fallout. So, I think you can all see why I got into Kkat's Fallout: Equestria. It's my hope that one day I'll be able to write a Fallout story that will entertain and inspire readers like Fallout: Equestria, Fallout Equestria: PH, and many others.
Until then.

Hey all, I'm Lord Krahtorra, I love Fallout, and am trying to get into this fanfic type, as it seems interesting

Hey, everyone, I'm Gravehound. New to FiMFiction, not new to FoE or Fallout in general. I believe the first time I read it was around two or three years ago and I did a re-read recently, been playing the games for even longer. Stop me if you've heard this one before, but I'm starting to slowly work on a side story with the help of my partner. I intend to attempt to be at least semi-active in the community despite my extreme awkwardness with talking to people.

Hi everypony, Im BlackRose. Im gender fluid meaning some days Im a stallion other days Im a mare, DON'T JUDGE. I just start writing and am working on a story rn titled BlackRose. I love MLP and am a brony at heart. I found fimfiction when looking for FOE stories. The original FOE actually is what enspired me to start writing.
Nice to meet you all

Hello, I'm Glacier Frostclaw. I'm a major Fallout Equestria fan (out of my 114 OCs, 70 are Fallout Equestria characters) and used to do a LOT of writing in highschool (I had an 81 page hand-written fanfic based on the Dragonriders of Pern and a 75 page hand-written fanfic based on Starfox at one point). However, I graduated highschool in 2010 and haven't done much writing since then, so I'm a little bit rusty. I'm also a huge tabletop RPG fan, and build most of my characters using Dead Tree Studios' tabletop system. Anyway, Fallout Equestria introduced me to the Fallout series in general, and since I've begun an FOE story finally, I figured I'd introduce myself and try to be part of the community. So hi!

Hi there,
I got dragged in here by suggestion of 1 Glacier Frostclaw mentioning yall.

I'm Fiaura The Tank Girl at Conventions and on YouTube and running a live stream of Fallout Equestria designed by the Dead Tree Studios team and run by one of their devs.

Anyway, I'm taking that live stream series and turning it into a written story for people to be able to read and catch up to or at least enjoy the reading if you prefer it that way.
I was tasked with writing stories by my fans at Trotcon this year so low and behold I am here.
I've been at Young Authors Conferences in Birmingham, AL since I was 6 till I was 19. Guess I should pick back up that thing I did for so long and see what happens shouldn't I?

Anyway Hi everyone and that is the short version, the long one we'll be here all day.

Oh and Merry Christmas.

Bonjour, comment allez-vous. I've got to oneshots done three in the slammer and one really big ones that's being cooked up hope everyone has a blast woohoo!

Hi, I am Atom Smash, also known as Sälen or Ford Prefect at conventions.
I mostly write theater and musical scripts, and song lyrics and act in them. Though I used to write a lot of fanfiction in plain old paper and pencil when I was a teenager. They were all about "Mutant" a role playing game set in a post apocalyptic wasteland populated by humans and anthropomorphised animal mutants. (And some twilight vampire stuff, but we all have phases) That was ages ago though, but after finding this page last month I am trying to get back to writing. When I found out about Fallout Equestria though, it sounded line a book that would fit me perfectly. A couple of weeks, and many sleepless nights later I can honestly say that it is the best book I have ever written and I want to join the fandom. So I made an account here.
I am quite new to the brony fandom. But an old fan of post apocalyptic epicness.

I was introduced to "Mutant" when I was a young teenager and loved it! For people who don't know, which I assume is probably everone. It is a role playing game that is a great mix of fallout, classical steampunk and MLP. Not that I would find out what MLP was for over a decade.
I habe been a huge fan of Fallout since the third came out.

A year or so ago I was working on a musical script with two bronies. I made a character that was a little to similar to Pinkie Pie for their liking and they introduced me to MLP for the first time. I was hooked and we had a great summer finishing that script and watching the show.

Then I found out about Fallout Equestria a couple of weeks ago and had to read it. It was just so awesome. I loved all the nostalgia for both fallout and Mutant(probably unintentional) It was so exciting and finally I had found a book that lasted more than a couple of days. So match made in heaven and all that.

Wow, that got pretty long and rambly. Sorry about that, as soon as they clear out the radiation I will grow you a potato.

Hyello Comrades. BlxckJack here, I've been a big fan of the FoE fandom, gotta read more of the stories on here...
Anyways, I'm working on my own story atm (shameless self promotion, dun ban me plz), go check it out.
Nice meeting you all! :yay:

Comment posted by Mangy_Mutt_Studios deleted Jun 8th, 2018

Hello and welcome to the group.

Could you please edit your post and move your story promotion to the proper Official Promotion Thread?

Rule 6:All story promotion must go in theofficial thread.Posting it elsewhere will result in thread deletion, and possible further action if repeat offences occur.

In this way, all stories have a chance to be promoted in one single thread.

Thank you.

Ah, yes, sorry. We thought that we were in the correct area to post this. We will move it right away!

Hello, I am Sky Dreams or ~J if you read The Bunker Busters on Tumblr. Getting ready to move that story here.

I've been on Fimfiction for whole 4 years now but only just now started to update my stories and start getting involved.

I'm not terribly good but I like to try and drive things into new or different directions, story wise.

My Big project right now is Pariahs, even though it's not doing so well.

I'm relatively easy to get along with, so please say hi!

Dont think there's much else to say... hi everyone.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself, new to the site in general and figured this group would be the best to join first, given my current project. I'm trying to get used to the new system and such so please bare with me and forgive any faux pas. (Although kindly point them out as I would rather learn from my mistakes than coming across as a jerk.) I've been writing for a while and slowly building up my little wyrm's hoard of manuscripts and stories.

On a related note, how long does it normally take the mods to check a piece before posting it? I would like to start posting chapters on a set schedule, but need to know how much lead time is needed so it gets put up when I'm intending. General aim is Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Any help would be appreciated!

~~~Quillsy

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

Welcome!

Mod approval is only for the initial posting of a story. The time it takes can vary, but it seems to usually be around a day or two. After the story is approved, you can add chapters whenever you want, and they go up immediately, so if your only concern is having them posted at regular times, you're set. Also, once you've had a story accepted, further stories are auto-accepted and go into the new-story queue, which posts two stories every ten minutes; considering the overall average number of stories posted is about half that, it'll probably go up quite promptly, unless everyone's trying to post at once.

Thanks for that! That's good to know, far less stressful than I was thinking. I think I'll try a late Monday night submission, and try that. Even if it doesn't work, it'll be done in plenty of time to resume my goal schedule on Thursday.

And, yes, I'll wait until actual release before I announce it ( and in the relevant/ proper threads).

Thanks again for your help Phoenix_Dragon!

~~~Quillsy

Comment posted by Interloper deleted Dec 31st, 2018

Welcome to the group :) I intended to tag SkyDreams in the post above (I deleted it), but I tagged WyrmQuill twice.

Anyway, I wrote up a few guides and assembled a few resources for writers who are trying to get their feet dug in.

Feel free to check em out:

Fo:E Writer's Guide: A Compendium of Useful Resources - Advice, Editors, etc

The FimFiction Survival Guide

I highly-recommend checking out the survival guide. They're all just my opinions, but you guys might find something useful.

Thanks, Interloper!

I'll add them to my hoard and get to reading them asap. The more references and resources the better, I say!

~~~Quillsy

I see you changed your name again. lol.

I've always wanted to write a topic on edginess, but first I need to get back to writing my story (which I've seriously neglected) to get the feel of the grim-dark cliches of FO:E again. So yeah, probably. I'd really like to :unsuresweetie:

Thank you very much. These resources are something I was really missing.

Hello there, joined this group a few days ago, but I guess this'll be my first post.

I've had an FO:E story stewing away for the last few years now, but I thought it was about time I did something about it, lest the show finish before I post it. Strictly speaking, I'm not necessarily engaged to the show all that much anymore, but I thought it'd be a shame to leave my idea gathering dust.

I'd had the whole overall story planned out for years now, but the last few weeks I've actually set down and started writing the damn thing. I'm almost at the point where the first few chapters are finished and polished enough for publishing, or at least I hope they are. As it stands, it's the longest thing I've written, and I'm kind of using it (and my continued existence on this site in general) as a proving point to myself that 'Yes I can sit down and write long stuff', haha!

Anyway, I suppose that's all. Hello all.

More power to you! I've only just recently put my own story up after leaving it on chapter 1 four years ago. There's no shame in starting late, as long as you get it done :). Welcome to the group officially!

Thanks, I'm excited to finally get it out there, heh!

I'm Meep. Big FO:E fan. Only recently decided to step into this part of the fandom actively. I've written a lot of non-FO:E stories, and the other day I had an idea for a good one. So here I am :3

I’m Spin Harmony! I absolutely love Fallout: Equestria, although I don’t really intend to participate in this group that much, but I love the story, so here I am!

Hello, I'm gmoyes and I've been a major lurker for a while now whose decided to start stepping out into Fimfiction. I was introduced to MLP and Fo:E at about the same time about 2 years ago and I wouldn't be as big of a fan if it wasn't for Fo:E. I have a lot more to say about Fo:E that I've written up as a blog post here. Please check it out!

Hey y'all. I've been lurking for quite some time and finally decided to make introductions. FOE was among the first fanfics that I read back when it was still only halfway finished. In fact, it was what started me down the road to writing MLP fanfics and its consistently been the one subcommunity that has kept me interested over the last 8 years. I dropped out of the writing game years ago and recently picked it back up again with a few ideas for stories set during the Great War time period and a follow-up in the Wasteland proper.

The short version of "me" is that I'm a naval officer, an avid gamer, a part-time woodcarver, and I often read the works of others when I probably should be working on my own. So here's to hoping that I can contribute something worthwhile and enjoyable to the fandom.

Hey there! I didn't realize there were forums on FIMFiction until someone beat me over the head suggesting I join some. Meep!

I'm very, very behind the curve in terms to MLP fanfics so bear with me. I've been content with the fandom's artwork and comics and only recently did I realize all of the Fallout themed artwork I've been enjoying was part of a story. Fallout: Equestria is the first fanfiction I've sat down and read cover to cover and one of the rare ones that had me hooked until it was over. Now that I'm seeing so many other FO:E stories on FIMFiction (I mean holy lord I'm behind on all this) I feel a little silly for starting my own!

As for me, specifically, I'm the broodmare manager for a quarter horse breeder in my home state of Wisconsin. Four years ago I managed to scrape enough money together to purchase a small house outside my hometown and I've been learning to be my own handywoman ever since. I'm not quite at the point where I can confidently replace a toilet, but at the very least I can update my wall outlets without killing myself. For the past two years and some change I've spent a lot of time posting horses and ponies on Imgur under the username @ElbowDeepInAHorse. In that time, I've learned to embrace a "live and let live" policy that has made a lot of what I do more enjoyable. I spent the last year learning how to use Adobe Premiere to create MLP themed GIFs for Imgur, mostly as a personal challenge for myself. Now that the year is up, I've been looking for a new challenge and writing sort of just rose to the top of the list. So here I am!

If any of you have suggestions for any "cornerstone" MLP fanfics I might want to look at, please let me know! Like I said, I really don't know this side of the community very well and would love to get to know it a bit better. :)

Umm..Question is there a guide on the existing war time "projects" from the series? I dropped off , but have some interest in maybe doing something, but I wanted to see what projects existed before i started making something to see if any were intruiging enough to be a central premise or to not rip oen of them off on purpose.

Is there an official idea pitching area for possible advice gathering?

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

If you mean what's presented in the original story, it's fairly limited. You've got the SPP, the MaS's alicorn project, and... I think that might be it, as far as we know. Unless you're counting stuff like the Steel Ranger armor development, Celestia One, Gardens of Harmony, etc.

If you mean what people have come up with for their side stories... I doubt that anyone has gone through the monumental task of documenting every possible wartime special project from the >1K stories that have been written. The best I could recommend is to look into any stories you're interested in incorporating into yours, and not worrying too much about any other stories, because it's inevitable that you'll do *something* that someone has done before.

I was mainly looking for the major canon projects for stuff like genetic manipulation. I wanted to make a vault that had scientists surveying its occupants who are left with a handful after survival of the fittest. I remember mentions of project chimera from PH(Project Horizons) but i forgot what it did and I couldnt find it on the wiki

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

The only canon project I can think of that has anything remotely like genetic manipulation (Or the magical equivalent to it) is the MaS's artificial-alicorn project.

Project Horizons is non-canon, but you can always incorporate it into your story if you want. A quick google search turns up a list of named capital-P Projects from that story.

Thanks I was thinking about possible story characters to stand out ya know and the idea of genetic manipulation involved in the main character came up

Hello! I am A Bloodthirsty Unicorn. Don't worry, these days I just drink applesauce instead. I'm a fan of the original by Kkat and am almost finished with the monster of a book that is PH.
I have my own little FoE fic I'm writing based in Neigh Orleans that I hope will gain some traction.

• Viewing 551 - 600 of 626